Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 14 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2013 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2013, 01:16 PM   #61
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LondonYankee View Post
No. But treating genuine customers as 2nd choice citizens due to their choice of vendor is. Which is what I said. If you'd bothered to get off your troll train and read my comment.
Where's the ignore button on this forum? Cos this guy is pretty much the only idiot I've come across on these boards that needs one. Which is rare, most forums have loads of complete obstinate a-holes. This place has them all wrapped up in 'The Wolf'.
Look in a mirror. I never wrote anything as bad as this message.
Well, the average OOTP user...downloads the game, manages his favorite team and that's it.
According to OOTP itself, OOTP MLB play (modern and historical) outnumbers OOTP fictional play three to one.

Five thousand thanks for a non-modder? I never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for your support.
Old 07-25-2013, 01:18 PM   #62
r0nster
Hall Of Famer

I had no clue you can purchase this elsewhere ... However I prefer to go to direct source
Old 07-25-2013, 01:20 PM   #63
Bowtie
All Star Starter

Quote:
Looking at it that way you are correct. However, by selling on Amazon and other outlets, OOTP benefits from much more exposure than these forums would allow. Therefore Markus is saving big bucks in less advertising lay out to reach a larger customer base. For anyone to belittle anyone who legally purchases OOTP by claiming they aren't 'fully supporting OOTP' is a pretty poor show.
Just tellin' the truth - as is. If customers wish to purchase OOTP Dev. products through other outlets, that's fine. However, just consider that for Markus to allow major vendors such as Amazon to sell his products through is definitely not cheap. Markus will not come right out and say this but I'm quite sure he'd prefer his loyal customers to purchase his products directly through his webstore.

Old 07-25-2013, 01:21 PM   #64
LondonYankee
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf View Post
Look in a mirror. I never wrote anything as bad as this message.
Really? Pretty much every post I've seen from you reeks of arrogance and your 'cheapskates' comment in this thread is more evidence of that.

Anyway, if you've got a problem with my post then hit report.

And someone tell me how I can ignore posters.

Thanks
Old 07-25-2013, 01:22 PM   #65
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CONN CHRIS View Post
Another good way to be fully supportive is to treat fellow customers well provided they got here via a purchase method that Markus approved.
Better watch it or someone will report you to the mods.....oh wait
Old 07-25-2013, 01:24 PM   #66
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Guys, there's enough problems in the world without creating our own here. Opinions as to what constitutes support are going to vary, but in the end, every purchase offers the company some reward for doing what they do. Degrees may matter to some, but they don't seem to matter to the development team or they'd have never made avenues other than their own available. Even esellerate and payees take a fee for processing, I'm certain. It's a shared endeavor. Let's strive to make our support of each other as equally shared. Beyond that, this conversation will get us nowhere but frustrated and obviously that's not the ambition of the game or its designers.
Old 07-25-2013, 01:25 PM   #67
LondonYankee
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowtie View Post
Just tellin' the truth - as is. If customers wish to purchase OOTP Dev. products through other outlets, that's fine. However, just consider that for Markus to allow major vendors such as Amazon to sell his products through is definitely not cheap. Markus will not come right out and say this but I'm quite sure he'd prefer his loyal customers to purchase his products directly through his webstore.
I'm sure he would prefer that. But by utilizing amazon et al he is reaching a bigger market, cheap or not.
At the end of the day, the products available through other outlets and therefore anyone purchasing it through this is as legit a customer as you or I and potential lifelong fan and promoter of Markus' product. Who knows they may even buy from the site direct next time. A site they may never have known about if they didn't find OOTP on amazon or wherever. That's all I'm saying.
Old 07-25-2013, 01:29 PM   #68
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Really? Pretty much every post I've seen from you reeks of arrogance and your 'cheapskates' comment in this thread is more evidence of that.

Anyway, if you've got a problem with my post then hit report.

And someone tell me how I can ignore posters.

Thanks
I both withdrew and edited out that comment. You either missed that or you were just looking for any excuse to attack me.

But PLEASE put me on ignore (hint: it's in your CP). I don't want you ever reading anything I write.
Well, the average OOTP user...downloads the game, manages his favorite team and that's it.
According to OOTP itself, OOTP MLB play (modern and historical) outnumbers OOTP fictional play three to one.

Five thousand thanks for a non-modder? I never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for your support.
Old 07-25-2013, 01:33 PM   #69
Andy
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I'm sure he would prefer that. But by utilizing amazon et al he is reaching a bigger market, cheap or not.
At the end of the day, the products available through other outlets and therefore anyone purchasing it through this is as legit a customer as you or I and potential lifelong fan and promoter of Markus' product. Who knows they may even buy from the site direct next time. A site they may never have known about if they didn't find OOTP on amazon or wherever. That's all I'm saying.
Yeah, Amazon gets the game to a wider market. Maybe, someone buys it there, loves the game and becomes a member of our community. Next year he preorders it from here. It's like the people who bought Season Ticket for $5 and then purchase the new versions.

I'm all for helping out the "little" guys. I got to meet the singer of my favorite band (one of their album covers is my avatar) at a concert on Tuesday night. He asked if I would buy the new album because they really need it. I told him I already bought it when it came out, but after thinking about it I bought another copy the next day.
Old 07-25-2013, 01:46 PM   #70
CatKnight
All Star Starter

'Fully' support DOES seem like it would split the pool of players. It implies that 'you are either with us, and order from the site, or you're not.

Splitting the customer pool seems like a pretty bad idea. If OP started wandering around other boards telling everyone that 'we' are elitist, rude, and not worth dealing with...well, it wouldn't be the first time I'd have seen that.

So let's say someone else did go through Amazon. I have no idea of their terms, but of course Amazon wants their cut - let's say 20%. I'm SURE Markus would rather have that 80%, especially since once created and uploaded there are no further costs directly associated with the product such as creating the physical item or storage. Anything coming in from Amazon is revenue.

Furthermore, I will argue that person is fully supporting OOTP. Why? Because that person could just as easily be playing one of the competitors, not have to read a long debate on his purchasing habits, and Markus would get nothing.
Old 07-25-2013, 01:55 PM   #71
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatKnight View Post
Furthermore, I will argue that person is fully supporting OOTP.
And you would be totally wrong. Read what Bowtie wrote.

Old 07-25-2013, 01:56 PM   #72
Andy
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
'Fully' support DOES seem like it would split the pool of players. It implies that 'you are either with us, and order from the site, or you're not.

Splitting the customer pool seems like a pretty bad idea. If OP started wandering around other boards telling everyone that 'we' are elitist, rude, and not worth dealing with...well, it wouldn't be the first time I'd have seen that.

So let's say someone else did go through Amazon. I have no idea of their terms, but of course Amazon wants their cut - let's say 20%. I'm SURE Markus would rather have that 80%, especially since once created and uploaded there are no further costs directly associated with the product such as creating the physical item or storage. Anything coming in from Amazon is revenue.

Furthermore, I will argue that person is fully supporting OOTP. Why? Because that person could just as easily be playing one of the competitors, not have to read a long debate on his purchasing habits, and Markus would get nothing.
That's what I was trying to say, but you did a much better job!
Old 07-25-2013, 01:56 PM   #73
Bowtie
All Star Starter

Quote:
No worries. I do understand what you are saying. Yeah, I do concur that Markus has to do something to reach a bigger market. I understand both ways - Markus want's as much of the sales profits as possible versus the customer who want's to save as much money as he/she can to perhaps make ends meet.

All I'm saying is the more customers that purchase OOTP Dev. products directly from our webstore the more that fully support the company without some expensive middle man to get in the way. If too many customers get to purchasing his products through a middle man (vendor) it could possibly affect future versions or upgrades to his products. And as small of a company as what OOTP Dev. is, we need as many customers to purchase directly from us as possible.

Old 07-25-2013, 02:00 PM   #74
Padreman
Hall Of Famer

Location: Tijuana, Baja California, Mexico (formally San Diego, CA.)
Bowtie is not the ruling authority or the final say its HIS opinion. I don't but Padre tickets to go the game so I'm not Fully supporting the team? I do I wear their gear and watch the game on TV. Like already said no matter where you buy the game OOTP still gets a caught. Unless its bootleg black market. OOTP wants to make money we the buyer want to get the best price if its here or another third party then who care your still OOTP customer and have their loyalty. And no offense Bowtie to you but it seems like Wolf is hanging on your every word. And running wild with it.

Last edited by Padreman; 07-25-2013 at 02:02 PM.
Old 07-25-2013, 02:04 PM   #75
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

LOL. Bowtie is correct, that's all.

Old 07-25-2013, 02:05 PM   #76
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Which is what these exchanges are doing, splitting us into factions unnecessarily. Let's go enjoy the game and not be focused on the energies it takes to imagine one party may be victorious in their viewpoint. It's simply not going to happen. Move on. The 'game' is more important than egos, no matter the 'side.' Senseless to divide the home team fans.

That being said, the moderators can have it from here. I've said enough.
Old 07-25-2013, 02:05 PM   #77
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
No worries. I do understand what you are saying. Yeah, I do concur that Markus has to do something to reach a bigger market. I understand both ways - Markus want's as much of the sales profits as possible versus the customer who want's to save as much money as he/she can to perhaps make ends meet.

All I'm saying is the more customers that purchase OOTP Dev. products directly from our webstore the more that fully support the company without some expensive middle man to get in the way. If too many customers get to purchasing his products through a middle man (vendor) it could possibly affect future versions or upgrades to his products. And as small of a company as what OOTP Dev. is, we need as many customers to purchase directly from us as possible.
Two sides to every coin - if no customers purchase from Amazon and other places, Markus might well not get enough sales to do the next update or version either.

There are accepted expenses with any business, advertising is one of them. It's a cost you live with if you want to stay in business. Splitting hairs over which method provides the most support is futile. Unless you have some hard sales figures and all other related business expenses you simply do not know which method provides the most support, either financially or promotionally. You can sit here and spit out all day along with Wolf that people who buy it elsewhere aren't fully supporting OOTP. That's your prerogative, go ahead.

The only thing you've proven is that sales from OOTP vs 3rd party vendors provide a larger return in $$$.

Now, please define support in a business sense. If you think it's just dollars and cents, you're mistaken.

Last edited by Bluenoser; 07-25-2013 at 02:09 PM.
Old 07-25-2013, 02:08 PM   #78
Bowtie
All Star Starter

Quote:
So let's say someone else did go through Amazon. I have no idea of their terms, but of course Amazon wants their cut - let's say 20%. I'm SURE Markus would rather have that 80%...
Agreed. But I'm more SURE Markus would rather have all 100%. It all comes down to a small company trying it's best to survive year after year.

Old 07-25-2013, 02:10 PM   #79
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Given a choice between you paying OOTP $39.95 for a copy of the game, where they get all of the money, or you paying Amazon $39.95 for a copy of the game, where OOTP gets only some of the money, it's real clear that only the former purchase fully supports OOTP.

Old 07-25-2013, 02:11 PM   #80
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Agreed. But I'm more SURE Markus would rather have all 100%. It all comes down to a small company trying it's best to survive year after year.
Which is a point that most of the posters here just don't seem to get.

Closed Thread