Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - General Discussions

OOTP 14 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2013 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2013, 01:21 PM   #41
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf View Post
And Bowtie and I have the right to point out that doing so does not fully support OOTP.
Yes, you certainly do have that right.

You also certainly do NOT have the right to insult people when doing so.
Old 07-25-2013, 01:21 PM   #42
Andy
Hall Of Famer

I think "cheapskates" is more of an insult than anything Bluenoser said. And I'm guessing that OOTPD gets more money from the Amazon sale than they did during the 50% off sale. It was their decision to sell it on Amazon so I'm sure that people are still supporting OOTP by purchasing it on there. I've owned every version since V1 and have probably preordered each version since 1. I think if they purchase the game from a legitimate source then they are supporting the company.
Old 07-25-2013, 01:25 PM   #43
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
I think "cheapskates" is more of an insult than anything Bluenoser said.
I don't, but I hereby withdraw the comment.
Well, the average OOTP user...downloads the game, manages his favorite team and that's it.
According to OOTP itself, OOTP MLB play (modern and historical) outnumbers OOTP fictional play three to one.

Five thousand thanks for a non-modder? I never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for your support.
Old 07-25-2013, 01:27 PM   #44
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

All allegedly negative comments edited out.
Well, the average OOTP user...downloads the game, manages his favorite team and that's it.
According to OOTP itself, OOTP MLB play (modern and historical) outnumbers OOTP fictional play three to one.

Five thousand thanks for a non-modder? I never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for your support.
Old 07-25-2013, 01:32 PM   #45
Bowtie
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CONN CHRIS View Post
Not really true I would imagine. OOTP is allowing sales on Amazon for a reason (unless you believe that they do not know what they are doing and need to be 'saved' by warning people not to buy from sources that they have decided to work with).

Perhaps sales there and comments from those who purchase and suggesting that people who bought OOTP might also like FHM (which they will undoubtedly do when that is fully up and running) are things that they believe will lead to greater sales and profits.

I really don't think they need you to save them from decisions that they have made by kicking their customers. Perhaps I am wrong and that is exactly what they want but I sort of doubt it.
Howdy CC,

So I'm incorrect? Well, shucks. Maybe I should explain like this: Do you or anyone think that Amazon or any other vendor Markus allows customers to purchase his products through is just gonna say "awww geez, Markus. You can have ALL the profits of all sales through us. We don't want any of that delicious pie"?

Old 07-25-2013, 01:36 PM   #46
Rizon
Hall Of Famer

Also: in before lock.
Old 07-25-2013, 01:36 PM   #47
Bowtie
All Star Starter

When you purchase any of our products directly through the OOTP Developments Webstore, Markus gets all of the pie - therefore you are fully supporting OOTP Developments. When you purchase any of our products through a vendor such as Amazon, you are NOT fully supporting OOTP Developments as the vendor gets a certain poirtion of the pie.

Nuff said.

Last edited by Bowtie; 07-25-2013 at 01:38 PM.
Old 07-25-2013, 01:40 PM   #48
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizon View Post

Also: in before lock.
Always wondered what you looked like.

Old 07-25-2013, 01:44 PM   #49
Padreman
Hall Of Famer

Location: Tijuana, Baja California, Mexico (formally San Diego, CA.)
Regardless If Markus gets the whole pie or gets part of the pie he is still getting pie. And while he gets his pie I want to try to save some of my pie. So if Amazon tells me I can buy the game from them for $5 you better believe I'm
Gonna buy it from them. Markus is in the bussiness of making money in in the bussiness of saving money.
Old 07-25-2013, 01:48 PM   #50
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

The more support OOTP gets, the more we are assured that there will be a new version every year as well as more features and better quality in the new version. Want cool new features in future versions? Support OOTP fully.

Old 07-25-2013, 01:51 PM   #51
eriqjaffe
Hall Of Famer

Man, now I feel bad for pre-ordering every year.
Old 07-25-2013, 01:53 PM   #52
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriqjaffe View Post
Man, now I feel bad for pre-ordering every year.
You shouldn't. You bought the game directly from OOTP.

Old 07-25-2013, 01:55 PM   #53
LondonYankee
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowtie View Post
When you purchase any of our products directly through the OOTP Developments Webstore, Markus gets all of the pie - therefore you are fully supporting OOTP Developments. When you purchase any of our products through a vendor such as Amazon, you are NOT fully supporting OOTP Developments as the vendor gets a certain poirtion of the pie.

Nuff said.
Looking at it that way you are correct. However, by selling on Amazon and other outlets, OOTP benefits from much more exposure than these forums would allow. Therefore Markus is saving big bucks in less advertising lay out to reach a larger customer base. For anyone to belittle anyone who legally purchases OOTP by claiming they aren't 'fully supporting OOTP' is a pretty poor show.
Old 07-25-2013, 01:56 PM   #54
eriqjaffe
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
You shouldn't. You bought the game directly from OOTP.
True, he's getting all of the pre-order price. But that may or may not be more than he would get from an full-price Amazon sale, even after Amazon takes their cut.
Old 07-25-2013, 01:58 PM   #55
CONN CHRIS
Global Moderator

Quote:
The more support OOTP gets, the more we are assured that there will be a new version every year as well as more features and better quality in the new version. Want cool new features in future versions? Support OOTP fully.
Another good way to be fully supportive is to treat fellow customers well provided they got here via a purchase method that Markus approved.
Old 07-25-2013, 02:02 PM   #56
Padreman
Hall Of Famer

Location: Tijuana, Baja California, Mexico (formally San Diego, CA.)
Well from now please buy you iPads directly from the apple store don't buy them from Amazon or Bestbuy since apple won't get all the profits. And don't buy your boars head lunch meat from your local super market because Board Head won't get all the profits buy from their warehouse directly........ Yea I'm being sarcastic every major company and product is soled by third parties and the companies that make those products love it and they make millions from
Allowing third parties to se their products.

You don't like third parties? Then don't download any mods or logos, caps and jerseys made by other users since they are third party and not
Made by OOTP.

Last edited by Padreman; 07-25-2013 at 02:05 PM.
Old 07-25-2013, 02:02 PM   #57
Righty Groove
Minors (Triple A)

Obvious troll is obvious...
Old 07-25-2013, 02:08 PM   #58
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Edited out. Others aren't playing nice, but I am.

Last edited by The Wolf; 07-25-2013 at 02:08 PM. Reason: Being nice
Old 07-25-2013, 02:10 PM   #59
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LondonYankee View Post
Looking at it that way you are correct. However, by selling on Amazon and other outlets, OOTP benefits from much more exposure than these forums would allow. Therefore Markus is saving big bucks in less advertising lay out to reach a larger customer base. For anyone to belittle anyone who legally purchases OOTP by claiming they aren't 'fully supporting OOTP' is a pretty poor show.
Telling the truth is a "pretty poor show"? Right.

Old 07-25-2013, 02:13 PM   #60
LondonYankee
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Telling the truth is a "pretty poor show"? Right.
No. But treating genuine customers as 2nd choice citizens due to their choice of vendor is. Which is what I said. If you'd bothered to get off your troll train and read my comment.
Where's the ignore button on this forum? Cos this guy is pretty much the only idiot I've come across on these boards that needs one. Which is rare, most forums have loads of complete obstinate a-holes. This place has them all wrapped up in 'The Wolf'.
Closed Thread