Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - General Discussions

OOTP 14 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2013 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 06-10-2013, 06:26 AM   #1
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Lightbulb Back to work!

Hey guys,

we have returned from our much needed off-time and will now start working on OOTP 14 again. The plan is to fix reported problems, improve the play-by-play commentary and maybe even add a couple of small features and then release an update in a few weeks.

If you have any small feature ideas, let me know here, maybe you can convince me to put it in

Cheers!
Markus
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 08:21 AM   #2
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Moved

Last edited by endgame; 06-10-2013 at 09:15 AM.
endgame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 08:31 AM   #3
mgoetze
Minors (Triple A)

Hi Markus,

I will give you one idea which I think should be quite easy and one which would make me really happy.

Idea which should be quite easy: on the team salary overview page, add a (T) for team option years, a (P) for player option years and a (V) for vesting options, similar to the (A) already seen for arbitration estimates.

Idea which would make me really happy: When playing out a game, make it easier to skip ahead to where a substitution might be needed, i.e. autoplay until (a) my pitcher is tired, (b) one of my players is injured, (c) the other team substitutes their pitcher or possibly also (d) either team scores 3+ points. It could for instance be an option to have "Until End of Inning" interrupted by these events. Also, change "Until RISP" to "Until RISP or HR".
mgoetze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 08:32 AM   #4
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Moved

Last edited by endgame; 06-10-2013 at 09:17 AM.
endgame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 08:46 AM   #5
r0nster
Hall Of Famer

welcome back Markus. Glad to hear you had a good trip to New York ... we expect a upgrade by tomorrow (no pressure) LOL anyways its good to have you back.
r0nster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 09:01 AM   #6
Bowtie
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by endgame View Post
Also, obviously a few of us push you and expect a lot of communication as well as production. It's your game, we get that, but its like having a full staff available to you, anxious to pitch, and yet never signaling for anyone to take the mound during these long gaps. All we want is the best, to champion your cause. Besides, you'd never really be happy with a bunch of scrubs saying yessir all the time, would you?

I know you'll put your best effort into it, just like we want to do.
Very well said endgame. You bet I'm anxious to get back to beta testing. I sure have missed it.

Bowtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 09:08 AM   #7
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Not sure how hard it would be to add this, but I would love it if the ability to pick a starting point for random debut was added. For example, if 1901 is selected, no players prior to 1901 would appear.
David Watts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 09:34 AM   #8
ecd1973
Major Leagues

Welcome back!

I would love to have the option to see the game log during the real time simulation of a game, instead of just the scoring plays. If I set a game to realtime then walk away from the PC for an hour, I would love to be able to see what happened in the game in progress, beyond just the scoring plays. Even if it is just an abbreviated log (just showing what happened each time the ball was put in play instead of each pitch, etc). It would make the realtime simulation moduled that much more realistic. Thanks for a great game.

ECD
ecd1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 10:08 AM   #9
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
If you have any small feature ideas, let me know here, maybe you can convince me to put it in

Cheers!
Markus
Heh, that must have been a good vacation! Well rested and feeling your oats, eh? You must be to have put out an invitation like this. Look for this thread to go NUCLEAR by the end of the day! Incidentally, welcome back.

- Bru

Déjà Bru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 10:14 AM   #10
Padreman
Hall Of Famer

Location: Tijuana, Baja California, Mexico (formally San Diego, CA.)
I like to see a strength and conditioning coach that helps a
Player gain a certain % of power maybe 5% max or something
Basecoaches 1base coach help improve baserrunking skills and 3basd coach helps improve catcher's defensive abilities.

And there is no way of tracking all-time pinch hit leaders even if you go to retired and current players and do a look up with splits and double split it shows you the all-time hit leaders not pinch hit
Padreman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 10:15 AM   #11
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

Futures Game?
Team Contract with a Minor League Team?
Minor League Baseball League E.?
When a team moves or gets League expand by the Computer like lets San Jose gets a Team and theirs a California Divison then the team should go to that Division?
Lineup to allow both DH and Pitcher and if we say Yes to Starts allowed in Bullpen it should stay on and also 7 day DL for MLB because Iv'e seen somebody out for a Week and doesn't get put on DL.
If we have 30 days selected for DL then 15 can still be an Option to?
Transaction News for Leagues that are 2013 and beyond and also Ramdom Drafts to.
Restricted Free Agents and own the rights to a Rookie if they don't sign with and decide to go to School for the next 4 years.
Old 06-10-2013, 10:26 AM   #12
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Three suggested new Setup functions for the next patch:

Delete All Coaches and Scouts (including the ones assigned to teams)

Release All Coaches and Scouts

Fill All Teams With Coaches and Scouts
Well, the average OOTP user...downloads the game, manages his favorite team and that's it.
According to OOTP itself, OOTP MLB play (modern and historical) outnumbers OOTP fictional play three to one.

Five thousand thanks for a non-modder? I never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for your support.
The Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 10:30 AM   #13
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Markus - small request and certainly not priority, however would it be possible, on the reports home page, to add a link directly to the boxscore where it shows the results near bottom of page? (see red circled area in attached image)

_
Attached Images
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 10:35 AM   #14
JPL86
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoetze View Post
Hi Markus,

I will give you one idea which I think should be quite easy and one which would make me really happy.

Idea which should be quite easy: on the team salary overview page, add a (T) for team option years, a (P) for player option years and a (V) for vesting options, similar to the (A) already seen for arbitration estimates.

I think this is a great idea. I use this screen often when deciding who I would like to offer contracts/extensions to. This would be very helpful.
JPL86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 10:58 AM   #15
mgoetze
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padreman View Post
I like to see a strength and conditioning coach that helps a
Player gain a certain % of power maybe 5% max or something
Basecoaches 1base coach help improve baserrunking skills and 3basd coach helps improve catcher's defensive abilities.
I would respectfully suggest that the coaching system is in need of a larger overhaul than what can be done in a small patch, and I would rather see a significantly improved system in OOTP15 than little tweaks now.
mgoetze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 11:04 AM   #16
joefromchicago
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by the wolf View Post
three suggested new setup functions for the next patch:

Delete all coaches and scouts (including the ones assigned to teams)

release all coaches and scouts

fill all teams with coaches and scouts
Yes!!!
joefromchicago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 11:17 AM   #17
wiggins
All Star Reserve

Small one, but a good one for me. Please add teams Won-Loss records to Box scores and Line scores.
wiggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 12:16 PM   #18
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Welcome back!

On the lineups screen, can we have some stats show for hitters down in the bottom (actual lineups) like we do for pitchers?
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 12:20 PM   #19
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

I suppose this counts as a fix instead of a small upgrade, but I would love to see the problem with uniforms when playing multiple games fixed.

Oh, and the inability to enter the second game of a double header before the game starts (but after the first game has finished).

Currently you have to wait until the game starts which means you can't adjust the line-ups.
rpriske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 12:31 PM   #20
native son
Minors (Double A)

Markus, I’ll try this once again regarding the historical ballparks file: Can you add the ability to import the Lefty/Righty ballpark splits for Batting Avg and Home Runs? The game currently only imports one factor each for avg, 2b, 3b, and HR - even though in the game the stadium factors have fields for LH and RH batters in Avg and HR. The era_ballparks database currently only has import fields for BA,2B,3B,HR. I'm proposing that this SHOULD be LBA, RBA, 2B, 3B, LHR, RHR.

Thanks!