Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 14 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2013 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 05-11-2013, 06:08 PM   #41
byzeil
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Righty Groove View Post
I do indeed believe you that, yes, at the long run the talent throughout the league is mantained. I just think this takes all the enjoyment and a severe chunk of realism from the draft.

As an aside: I do believe that, when combining scout findings, Int Amateur FAs and the draft pool, there is enough talent coming into the league to keep a steady level of all-stars, average players and ML-level scrubs.

It's the road to that I'm questioning.
It is a matter of perspective I guess. I use feeders so I have anywhere from 3-8 years of HS and/COL stats to look at with prospects and can feel pretty good about players I'm taking up through the 4th or 5th round (not that they all develop).

In reading about the RL draft and seeing all the diversity of projected picks and who gets picked in the first round I'm not sure OOTP14 isn't more realistic than OOTP13. That said if people are used to how things were in v13 and before then I can see how it now looks like it is in v14 would be disconcerting.
byzeil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 06:13 PM   #42
Righty Groove
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by byzeil View Post
Looking at my current draft class, scouting off and 20/80 scale, and I have 25 hitters with at least a 50 potential in CON, 15 of them are 50 potentials.
Then we don't have the same game, because I have not had 15 players with Potential 50+ COMBINING pitchers and hitters in 3 drafts on ootp14.

Last edited by Righty Groove; 05-11-2013 at 06:17 PM.
Righty Groove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 06:14 PM   #43
byzeil
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Then we don't have the same game, because I have not had 15 players with Potential 50+ COMBINING pitchers and hitters in 3 drafts on ootp14.
Are you using feeders? and I assure you I have the lastest patched copy of OOTP14.
Old 05-11-2013, 06:20 PM   #44
Righty Groove
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Are you using feeders? and I assure you I have the lastest patched copy of OOTP14.
I don't use feeders, never have. It's not supposed to matter here, at least.

Using feeders in this case only matters if it's a game converted from ootp13, and perhaps the players populating your draft now were actually created in ootp13 still. Is this the case?

Yes, I have the latest patch.

My drafts look mostly like this: 1 top picher (Pot 70+), one very good pitche (~60), 1 top hitter, one very good hitter, 25 rounds of organizational filler. No kidding.
Old 05-11-2013, 06:22 PM   #45
Righty Groove
Minors (Triple A)

I'm loading ootp14 now and it will soon create a new draft pool. I'll post it here.
Old 05-11-2013, 06:27 PM   #46
byzeil
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I don't use feeders, never have. It's not supposed to matter here, at least.

Using feeders in this case only matters if it's a game converted from ootp13, and perhaps the players populating your draft now were actually created in ootp13 still. Is this the case?

Yes, I have the latest patch.

My drafts look mostly like this: 1 top picher (Pot 70+), one very good pitche (~60), 1 top hitter, one very good hitter, 25 rounds of organizational filler. No kidding.
The draft class I posted is 32 years into the league being imported in v14.

Well using feeders or not could affect the quality of players available in the draft. Without feeders the draft class is just created where with feeders they are created and play games for at least 3-4 seasons to develop. Of course we don't know the underlying method used to create the draft pool versus feeder leagues.

Well something is very different for you and me...here is my top 20 in this draft (no scouts 20/80)
Old 05-11-2013, 06:29 PM   #47
byzeil
Hall Of Famer

Also, this league only has 16 major league teams so that talent is spread over a draft for only 16 teams.
Old 05-11-2013, 06:30 PM   #48
Righty Groove
Minors (Triple A)

Bah, same old...
Attached Images
Old 05-11-2013, 06:33 PM   #49
Righty Groove
Minors (Triple A)

My league has 24 teams. I create 25 rounds of players for the draft, same as I always have since ootp12 (that 25rounds thing is default, by the way).
Old 05-11-2013, 06:36 PM   #50
byzeil
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
My league has 24 teams. I create 25 rounds of players for the draft, same as I always have since ootp12 (that 25rounds thing is default, by the way).
I used all the default PCMs and such. The only real differences I see between you and I is Feeder/No Feeder leagues.

I will create a test league without feeders and see what the draft pool looks like.
Old 05-11-2013, 06:40 PM   #51
Righty Groove
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
I used all the default PCMs and such. The only real differences I see between you and I is Feeder/No Feeder leagues.

I will create a test league without feeders and see what the draft pool looks like.
I appreciate that very much. There is some clear differences beetwen your draft pool and mine. Honestly, I don't want to use feeders as my saved game is big (and slow) enough already.
Old 05-11-2013, 06:48 PM   #52
byzeil
Hall Of Famer

Ok I created a 24 league out of the box. Scouting off 20/80. No Feeders. I simmed up to the draft pool being released and this is what I got.

Two things I noticed from the screenshot you posted is that all the players are 18. Do you have older players in your draft pool? The other thing is that they are all Canadian, is your league limited to Canadians?

There is definitely something different between our setups.

Last edited by byzeil; 05-11-2013 at 06:50 PM.
Old 05-11-2013, 07:00 PM   #53
Righty Groove
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Two things I noticed from the screenshot you posted is that all the players are 18. Do you have older players in your draft pool? The other thing is that they are all Canadian, is your league limited to Canadians?

There is definitely something different between our setups.
Yes, it's a Canada-only league. Player creation age is 18-19. It shouldn't affect overall potential, though...

I currently have two major leagues in my game, one in the US and another in Canada. Both leagues have their draft players as 100% from league nation.

How many draft rounds you had? How many players created in all?

Last edited by Righty Groove; 05-11-2013 at 07:02 PM.
Old 05-11-2013, 07:03 PM   #54
byzeil
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Yes, it's a Canada-only league. Player creation age is 18-19. It shouldn't affect overall potential, though...

How many draft rounds you had? How many players created in all?
Well is shouldn't affect overall potential but I'd like to be as close as possible.

I had a 20 round draft.

Will do another test with all Canadian and 18-19 creation age.
Old 05-11-2013, 07:08 PM   #55
Righty Groove
Minors (Triple A)

I'm running a couple of tests aswell. Maybe the key is the creation age.
Old 05-11-2013, 07:13 PM   #56
byzeil
Hall Of Famer

24 Teams, All Canadian, Draft All Canadian, Creation age 18-19, No Scouts.
20 round draft, enough players for 25 rounds, 600 players in draft pool.

I was going to suggest you create a test league from scratch. What OOTP needs is the ability to save a config file so that two or more people could easily load identical configurations.
Old 05-11-2013, 07:24 PM   #57
Righty Groove
Minors (Triple A)

Ok, now this is messed up...

These are two separate major leagues, as I mentioned. They have EXACTLY the same settings for EVERYTHING. Except one is in Canada, other is in the US.
Completely different draft pools, though.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 05-11-2013, 07:27 PM   #58
Righty Groove
Minors (Triple A)

I think we can be safe to say the issue is not the nation Canada.

Is the overall talent of the league taken into consideration when the draft pool is created? Or it's simply PCM's et al.?

I would say both leagues in my save (US and Canada) have VERY similar talent levels (on their ML rosters and organizations, PCM's are all 1.000), but maybe I'm wrong?
Old 05-11-2013, 07:32 PM   #59
byzeil
Hall Of Famer

Just a shot in the dark. When you 'Explore your game world' and look at Canada and the US they both have baseball quality 'Excellent'?

It is real weird because the Canadian draft pool I'm getting looks fine.

As far as I know the quality of players in the draft pool doesn't ave anything to do with the overall quality of talent in the league. In other words if the league has a lot of talent is the draft pool toned down? I don't think so but I really don't know the answer.

Edit: My PCMs are all 1.000

Last edited by byzeil; 05-11-2013 at 07:33 PM.
Old 05-11-2013, 07:33 PM   #60
Righty Groove
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Just a shot in the dark. When you 'Explore your game world' and look at Canada and the US they both have baseball quality 'Excellent'?

It is real weird because the Canadian draft pool I'm getting looks fine
Yes, both are at Excellent, along with a few other countries.

Quote:
As far as I know the quality of players in the draft pool doesn't ave anything to do with the overall quality of talent in the league. In other words if the league has a lot of talent is the draft pool toned down? I don't think so but I really don't know the answer.
That would be my answer aswell. I'm not 100% sure, but I think it's not related.