Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - General Discussions

OOTP 14 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2013 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 04-05-2013, 04:30 PM   #61
tward13
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG17EASY View Post
I'm not arguing against what you and tward are asking for, but what about leagues where position players also pitch? Or the occasional position player who pitches in a blowout? Wouldn't what you're asking for then exclude those players from the pitching stats screen?

I don't play the type of leagues that would have position players who also pitch regularly, but I can see that being a good reason to not hard code the stats screens to exclude certain players 100 percent of the time.
Nope, wouldn't stop you at all. For the .001% of players using hitter/pitchers they'd have to click again to show all. For the VAST majority it would work correctly by default.

At any rate the "bigger" issue is that is shows me pitchers and pitchers stats when I click on the hitter link and vice versa. That's just not right.
tward13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 05:33 PM   #62
statfreak
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tward13 View Post
At any rate the "bigger" issue is that is shows me pitchers and pitchers stats when I click on the hitter link and vice versa. That's just not right.
I am truly sorry you are experiencing this problem and that it is affecting your life enough that you have to repeatedly post about it. I'm sure Markus would have fixed this if it was something simple and easy to do.
Old 04-05-2013, 07:49 PM   #63
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG17EASY View Post
But if the default is changed to exclude certain players 100% of the time, how does Markus code filters to ADD players? The idea (and definition) of filtering is that it excludes players from the default criteria.

I don't mean to speak for Markus, but I think he'd say that customizable views and filters are available to do exactly what's being asked for, as well. It doesn't take more than a couple seconds to use them.
In OOTP, you can add or remove any data in your filters.

Sorry, mine was only a suggestion. I have no interest in debating with you what way the default should be set at.
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 11:26 PM   #64
BIG17EASY
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenoser View Post
In OOTP, you can add or remove any data in your filters.

Sorry, mine was only a suggestion. I have no interest in debating with you what way the default should be set at.
Filters are used to narrow the data returned by the default results, which means removing data. If you remove more data than you want to remove, you can change the filter to add more data, but you can never use a filter to add more data than there would be if there are no filters used at all.
BIG17EASY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 09:37 AM   #65
Honorable_Pawn
Hall Of Famer

image removed

Last edited by CONN CHRIS; 04-06-2013 at 11:28 AM.
Honorable_Pawn is offline   Reply With Quote Received Warning
Old 04-06-2013, 09:53 AM   #66
silvam14
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honorable_Pawn View Post
image removed
Hiiiideeeeehooooo!

Last edited by CONN CHRIS; 04-06-2013 at 11:29 AM.
silvam14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 08:44 PM   #67
tward13
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by statfreak View Post
I am truly sorry you are experiencing this problem and that it is affecting your life enough that you have to repeatedly post about it. I'm sure Markus would have fixed this if it was something simple and easy to do.
A thread about negative opinions seems to be the place to mention this. I then merely responded to people who offered solutions of a sort.

I'm sorry this affected your life enough that you had to post about it. Did this take time away from you dictating to other board members what they should or shouldn't post?
Old 04-06-2013, 10:06 PM   #68
Poweshow
Minors (Triple A)

Infractions: 0/3 (3)
Seemed like a fine thread to state this in:

I've been buying OOTP since OOTP 4, this is the longest I've waited to preorder/buy the game because I haven't really seen much new this year. I'm really hoping we get some good new stuff in a Road to Release here in the coming days, but I'm getting kind of discouraged. I'm strictly a fictional league player and I don't see anything new for me other than some nail polish.

I'm not homeless and poor so I'll break down and buy the game at some point simply out of dedication to the OOTP team, but maaaaaaaaan, the things I would do for some fictional league additions :-/
Poweshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 10:08 PM   #69
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poweshow View Post

I'm not homeless and poor so I'll break down and buy the game at some point simply out of dedication to the OOTP team, but maaaaaaaaan, the things I would do for some fictional league additions :-/
Such as?
The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 10:17 PM   #70
Syd Thrift
Hall Of Famer

The ability to include hobbit leagues, of course. Why do you even have to ask that question about fictionals?
The Great American Baseball Thrift Book - Like reading the Sporting News from back in the day, only with fake players. REAL LIFE DRAMA THOUGH maybe not
Syd Thrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 10:20 PM   #71
Poweshow
Minors (Triple A)

Infractions: 0/3 (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Game View Post
Such as?
Most prominently new ways to play the game, IE: different league structures (promotion/relegation!) or just some fun ways to play a baseball game that might imitate other sports leagues around the world. I feel like I've been waiting for a new way to play OOTP for almost a decade now and I'm hopefully every year.

The things announced so far:

New talent to discover: I feel this gives the human player an unfair advantage
Modibility: kind of helpful in that I enjoy messing with uniforms and all - but if you can't find a good template for the city you want then meh
Real rosters: ...

I don't know what I'm trying to say, but I'm really looking for OOTP to sell me on this game this year, EVEN THOUGH I'll end up buying it anyways and it will still be the game I play more than any other over the next year.
Poweshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 01:37 AM   #72
Tyler87898
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honorable_Pawn View Post
image removed
Now I'm curious.
Tyler87898 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 02:07 AM   #73
justafan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler87898 View Post
Now I'm curious.
You don't wanna know.
Old 04-07-2013, 03:05 AM   #74
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Most prominently new ways to play the game, IE: different league structures (promotion/relegation!) or just some fun ways to play a baseball game that might imitate other sports leagues around the world. I feel like I've been waiting for a new way to play OOTP for almost a decade now and I'm hopefully every year.

The things announced so far:

New talent to discover: I feel this gives the human player an unfair advantage
Modibility: kind of helpful in that I enjoy messing with uniforms and all - but if you can't find a good template for the city you want then meh
Real rosters: ...

I don't know what I'm trying to say, but I'm really looking for OOTP to sell me on this game this year, EVEN THOUGH I'll end up buying it anyways and it will still be the game I play more than any other over the next year.
I could see some who would want their game to be like the Premier League., personally I wouldn't do it. i play 90% fictional. Working on a new league now. I just don't see what new features can be added to fictional games.
Syd many have Hobbit leagues, I have one kinda like a hobbit league.
The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 07:33 AM   #75
Walsh06
All Star Reserve

My preferred change to fictional is alternate playoff/postseason modes.
Old 04-07-2013, 08:50 AM   #76
Honorable_Pawn
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by justafan View Post
You don't wanna know.
Yes, you do. It was hilarious.

...and it summed up all the moaning in, errr...uh....one lump sum.

Last edited by Honorable_Pawn; 04-07-2013 at 08:52 AM.
Honorable_Pawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 01:24 PM   #77
cardsfan05
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Agree, there are a couple of new features, but for the most part it seems the road to releases have been really trying to stretch things as much as possible.

I have only been playing for a few years, but it seems the best improvements have came every other year.
cardsfan05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 03:47 PM   #78
old timer
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
"Clicking on "Batting Stats" still shows Pitchers. Clicking on "Pitching Stats" still shows batters."

I don't care about road unis or international complexes. If this is fixed I'll buy OOTP14
Could you explain to me what screens you're referring to here? In the past, when I clicked on the lineups or pitching screen, I'd get the wrong stats shown (batting stats for pitchers and pitching stats for hitters - or am I remembering that wrong? It's been so long since I've seen it.), but that doesn't sound like what you're referring to here. So let me know and I'll test this out in the beta.

If you did mean what I mentioned above... This happened to me quite a bit in OOTP 13 and even more in OOTP 12, but it's only happened to me once in an early beta build of OOTP 14. If I see this happen and I can see a pattern to it, rest assured, I'll log it. But I've gone to the lineup and pitching staff screens a ton of times so far and it's just not happening for me since that first time.

So... I can't tell you for sure it's been fixed, but it may have been fixed inadvertently. If someone sees it happen and can give us some way to get it to repeat, it will get fixed. But it's been hard to find for Markus because it didn't happen for him and I could never find any pattern to it to tell him how to fix it.

If it's some other screen, please let me know and I'll test this out. I'm trying to find all the annoying interface glitches and any suggestions on what to look for will be appreciated. Thanks!

Last edited by old timer; 04-07-2013 at 03:50 PM.
old timer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 11:14 PM   #79
tward13
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by old timer View Post
Could you explain to me what screens you're referring to here? In the past, when I clicked on the lineups or pitching screen, I'd get the wrong stats shown (batting stats for pitchers and pitching stats for hitters - or am I remembering that wrong? It's been so long since I've seen it.), but that doesn't sound like what you're referring to here. So let me know and I'll test this out in the beta.

If you did mean what I mentioned above... This happened to me quite a bit in OOTP 13 and even more in OOTP 12, but it's only happened to me once in an early beta build of OOTP 14. If I see this happen and I can see a pattern to it, rest assured, I'll log it. But I've gone to the lineup and pitching staff screens a ton of times so far and it's just not happening for me since that first time.

So... I can't tell you for sure it's been fixed, but it may have been fixed inadvertently. If someone sees it happen and can give us some way to get it to repeat, it will get fixed. But it's been hard to find for Markus because it didn't happen for him and I could never find any pattern to it to tell him how to fix it.

If it's some other screen, please let me know and I'll test this out. I'm trying to find all the annoying interface glitches and any suggestions on what to look for will be appreciated. Thanks!
Yes this is what I'm talking about. I keep the list of shortcut icons on he right side of the screen (in 13). When I clicked on the pitching one I often get all my players with hitting stats. When I click on the one for the line-ups I often get pitching stats.

And people are correct that clicking a second time generally (or always?) fixes it. My issue has always been, if the second click works, why not the first?

Thanks for checking this out.

Last edited by tward13; 04-08-2013 at 03:31 PM.
Old 04-08-2013, 12:24 AM   #80
old timer
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Yes this is what I'm talking about. I keep the list of shortcut icons on he right side of the screen (in 13). When I clicked on the pitching one I often get all my payers with hitting stats. When I click on the one for the line-ups I often get pitching stats.

And people are correct that clicking a second time generally (or always?) fixes it. My issue has always been, if the second click works, why not the first?

Thanks for checking this out.
Thanks for clarifying. I'm not seeing this glitch anymore and there are a few other little ones (relating to filters) that seemed to have been fixed, but it will take more testing to be sure.