Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 14 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2013 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 04-04-2013, 12:59 AM   #41
Scoman
All Star Starter

Play stats only,then tell me how easy it is.
Scoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 01:47 PM   #42
thevaliantx
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RchW View Post
I just noticed that the OP did not buy a copy of OOTP13. Is that not similar to complaining about a hotel room you didn't pay for?

I don't say you have no right to complain but you should support the franchise if you want to see improvements.
If there was a direct cause-effect relationship in what you're suggesting here, then yes, the OP "should" support the franchise (I'm assuming you meant monetarily). I've been "supporting" OOTP for years now and the things I've been asking for, some of them VERY simple to implement and would really help the immersion factor, have not been added to the game.
thevaliantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 02:51 PM   #43
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thevaliantx View Post
If there was a direct cause-effect relationship in what you're suggesting here, then yes, the OP "should" support the franchise (I'm assuming you meant monetarily). I've been "supporting" OOTP for years now and the things I've been asking for, some of them VERY simple to implement and would really help the immersion factor, have not been added to the game.
That's an unreasonable expectation. I know of few products, none in the $30-$40 range that offer any direct cause-effect feedback. OOTPD is more responsive than most IMO. Heck we all buy items in the $1000's that are a compromise because some of us can't afford $5K-$10K for the product that has everything.

I've bought every version since v5 and not everything I want is in the game when I want it. Early in the process we must all decide to accept reality and either buy the game or not buy it based on how important certain missing capabilities are. The OP in this case decided quite legitimately not to buy v13. He then borrows a copy of v13 and lists many low level issues that other posters pointed out were user controllable. He complains that the game is too easy while publishing the ABC's of gaming the AI, something that any user (including owners of v12 like the OP) of any management sim should know even before they buy.

How you say things is important. I have no problem with posters who present compelling cases for the importance of a feature or set of features. All I can say is the difference in the game since v9 is absolutely stunning to me. Any minor annoyances that continue to exist pale in comparison to the quality of the overall experience. This comes from a guy who just missed the playoffs for the first time in 52 game years.

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 03:45 PM   #44
Syd Thrift
Hall Of Famer

The other issue here is that unless you've seen the source code, you don't know how easy any particular feature is to add to the game.
The Great American Baseball Thrift Book - Like reading the Sporting News from back in the day, only with fake players. REAL LIFE DRAMA THOUGH maybe not
Syd Thrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 04:50 PM   #45
tward13
All Star Starter

"Clicking on "Batting Stats" still shows Pitchers. Clicking on "Pitching Stats" still shows batters."

I don't care about road unis or international complexes. If this is fixed I'll buy OOTP14
tward13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 05:08 PM   #46
Sweed
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tward13 View Post
"Clicking on "Batting Stats" still shows Pitchers. Clicking on "Pitching Stats" still shows batters."

I don't care about road unis or international complexes. If this is fixed I'll buy OOTP14
This doesn't happen every time to me. It is random in my game. The easy fix is to simply click the option again. A second click always fixes it, at least in my game. Not a game breaker IMHO and certainly not a reason to not own the best baseball simulation in the world. YMMV.
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 05:29 PM   #47
statfreak
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

This has never happened to me.

I'm in three online leagues and in OOTP switching between batting and pitching every day.

Since it seems sporadic and is not affecting everyone, I imagine it is a difficult thing to fix.
Old 04-04-2013, 06:04 PM   #48
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Make a bookmark. I have F2 for batting and F3 for pitching.

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 06:05 PM   #49
Tycobbler
All Star Starter

If with 13 you see bird poop despite the beauty then 14 is the carwash... with a 50 second blow dry
Tycobbler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 06:18 PM   #50
Syd Thrift
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by statfreak View Post
This has never happened to me.

I'm in three online leagues and in OOTP switching between batting and pitching every day.

Since it seems sporadic and is not affecting everyone, I imagine it is a difficult thing to fix.
I see this in games when I go to look at my bullpen or my bench. If the last place I'd looked was my bullpen, it'll pull up the bullpen again; however, all I have to do to show the bench is switch to the other team and then back again. It's not really that big of a deal.
The Great American Baseball Thrift Book - Like reading the Sporting News from back in the day, only with fake players. REAL LIFE DRAMA THOUGH maybe not
Syd Thrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 06:30 PM   #51
Honorable_Pawn
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RchW View Post
Make a bookmark. I have F2 for batting and F3 for pitching.

Ding Ding Ding...

Attachment 280976

Last edited by Honorable_Pawn; 12-16-2015 at 06:57 PM.
Honorable_Pawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 08:42 PM   #52
tward13
All Star Starter

And here all I want it to do is work as it should. I know all about double clicks and whatnot. And bookmarks are nice but there's a button there for pitching, when I click it I should see my pitchers. Same with the lineup screens. It's been broken for multiple versions. It annoys me. I could care less about road unis. When I play, the way I like to play, I get annoyed.
Old 04-04-2013, 09:27 PM   #53
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
And here all I want it to do is work as it should. I know all about double clicks and whatnot. And bookmarks are nice but there's a button there for pitching, when I click it I should see my pitchers. Same with the lineup screens. It's been broken for multiple versions. It annoys me. I could care less about road unis. When I play, the way I like to play, I get annoyed.
I have encountered this issue twice. Once on 12 and once on 13 (pre patches). I don't understand how people contiously have this problem when others don't.
The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 04:40 AM   #54
Ts-Rock
Major Leagues

Quote:
I am unaware of this problem. Is it happening during a game you are "playing" and go to make a pitching change/pinch hitting or is it happening on your team pitching and lineup pages?

maybe i have seen it but never thought twice about it
Ts-Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 06:22 AM   #55
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Not jumping into the debate, just want to point out that tward13 is correct. This happens a lot and has been asked to be fixed for a long time. I know as much about programming as I do about fixing computers, enough to get by but certainly not real knowledgeable in the field. I do know though, that it should not be difficult to program proper "sorting".

This should have been fixed a long time ago.
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 01:13 PM   #56
tward13
All Star Starter

For what it's worth I reported this, through the proper channels for the past two versions.
Old 04-05-2013, 01:32 PM   #57
CBL-Commish
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenoser View Post
Not jumping into the debate, just want to point out that tward13 is correct. This happens a lot and has been asked to be fixed for a long time. I know as much about programming as I do about fixing computers, enough to get by but certainly not real knowledgeable in the field. I do know though, that it should not be difficult to program proper "sorting".

I'd categorize this as a minor annoyance, but, yea, when I click on pitchers I often get batters and vice versa.
Old 04-05-2013, 01:39 PM   #58
BIG17EASY
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I'm not arguing against what you and tward are asking for, but what about leagues where position players also pitch? Or the occasional position player who pitches in a blowout? Wouldn't what you're asking for then exclude those players from the pitching stats screen?

I don't play the type of leagues that would have position players who also pitch regularly, but I can see that being a good reason to not hard code the stats screens to exclude certain players 100 percent of the time.
BIG17EASY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 02:51 PM   #59
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG17EASY View Post
I'm not arguing against what you and tward are asking for, but what about leagues where position players also pitch? Or the occasional position player who pitches in a blowout? Wouldn't what you're asking for then exclude those players from the pitching stats screen?

I don't play the type of leagues that would have position players who also pitch regularly, but I can see that being a good reason to not hard code the stats screens to exclude certain players 100 percent of the time.
Nobody's arguing anything. I was just trying to support the fact that it does exist and shouldn't be difficult to fix.

As for what you're stating, I would the think the best way to code it would be the most popular, or standard, for baseball.

Customizable views and filters were added to the game some time ago to allow users who play with unique setups to create custom views/reports.
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 03:29 PM   #60
BIG17EASY
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Nobody's arguing anything. I was just trying to support the fact that it does exist and shouldn't be difficult to fix.

As for what you're stating, I would the think the best way to code it would be the most popular, or standard, for baseball.

Customizable views and filters were added to the game some time ago to allow users who play with unique setups to create custom views/reports.
But if the default is changed to exclude certain players 100% of the time, how does Markus code filters to ADD players? The idea (and definition) of filtering is that it excludes players from the default criteria.

I don't mean to speak for Markus, but I think he'd say that customizable views and filters are available to do exactly what's being asked for, as well. It doesn't take more than a couple seconds to use them.
BIG17EASY is offline   Reply With Quote