Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 14 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2013 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 03-04-2013, 12:21 PM   #1
D-BacksJosh
Banned

'On The Block' suggestion

This might be a lot to ask from a programming standpoint, but when I place a player on the trading block it would be nice if the AI could offer some trades for that player. I have placed several quality players on the block over several seasons and never had an offer. I think this would definitely add to the realism of the game.
D-BacksJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 12:37 PM   #2
BIG17EASY
Hall Of Famer

This is how it works already. I've been able to trade many players after placing them on the trading block and receiving offers. There's likely a good reason you're not receiving offers -- player has a high salary, AI doesn't rate your player as highly as your scout does, etc.
BIG17EASY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 01:19 PM   #3
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-BacksJosh View Post
This might be a lot to ask from a programming standpoint, but when I place a player on the trading block it would be nice if the AI could offer some trades for that player. I have placed several quality players on the block over several seasons and never had an offer. I think this would definitely add to the realism of the game.
As long as the guy on the block actually has value I've had no trouble getting offers.
Well, the average OOTP user...downloads the game, manages his favorite team and that's it.
According to OOTP itself, OOTP MLB play (modern and historical) outnumbers OOTP fictional play three to one.

Five thousand thanks for a non-modder? I never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for your support.
The Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 01:37 PM   #4
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Or just shop the player to see offers instantly.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 01:39 PM   #5
Winnipeg59
All Star Starter

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the AI only deals in one-for-one trades. It would be a real evolution if the AI would think in terms of a multi-player deal (and draft picks, if enabled)?
Winnipeg59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 01:43 PM   #6
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post
Or just shop the player to see offers instantly.
That's the easiest way. I don't do it myself on realism grounds, but it's a perfectly valid thing to do.
Well, the average OOTP user...downloads the game, manages his favorite team and that's it.
According to OOTP itself, OOTP MLB play (modern and historical) outnumbers OOTP fictional play three to one.

Five thousand thanks for a non-modder? I never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for your support.
Old 03-04-2013, 02:07 PM   #7
D-BacksJosh
Banned

Okay, good to hear that it does work to some extent. It is possible that the players I put there aren't worth anything to other teams, I haven't tried putting an all-star on there yet.
D-BacksJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 08:36 PM   #8
olivertheorem
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnipeg59 View Post
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the AI only deals in one-for-one trades. It would be a real evolution if the AI would think in terms of a multi-player deal (and draft picks, if enabled)?
I've seen AI-AI trades involving multiple players. 2-1, 3-2, stuff like that. I'm pretty sure I've been offered the same a few times as well.

It IS true that if you shop a player the AI is only looking at 1-1 trades. According to Markus, this is because making the AI test all possible trade combinations for any given player would make the internet explode...not verbatim.
olivertheorem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 10:12 PM   #9
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Not the Internet. Just your CPU.

Old 03-04-2013, 10:48 PM   #10
RchW
Hall Of Famer

In my experience if you have a powerhouse team (no weaknesses) the AI will not offer trades even for players on the trading block. I make that claim because once injuries occur the AI makes offers. It would be nice if the trade AI looked at depth charts and offered trades based on positions you have a surplus at.

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 07:54 AM   #11
MikeS21
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG17EASY View Post
This is how it works already. I've been able to trade many players after placing them on the trading block and receiving offers. There's likely a good reason you're not receiving offers -- player has a high salary, AI doesn't rate your player as highly as your scout does, etc.
That's true, but in real life, teams dump high salaried older players at the trading deadline for a handful of prospects. I have never understood how to get the AI to offer prospects for 35 year old veterans.
MikeS21 is offline   Reply With Quote