Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Online Leagues

Old 08-11-2012, 09:34 PM   #1
coljesep
All Star Reserve

The Virtual Baseball League - 1 Opening

Update: We have one opening, the Baltimore franchise. We are an established league, many of the same owners have been in my league for 10 real years. We are in the off-season prior to our 4th season now. Perfect time to get involved.

Full League Name (Initials): The VBL
Main URL: The Virtual Baseball League -
Reports URL: Home
Boards URL: None - Private Email List
Email Address: vblcommish@gmail.com
OOTP Version: 13
Game Needed: Required
Players: Started out as real players, this past season we converted to a high school/college feeder league. So eventually we will be fictional.
# of Teams: 28
Export Deadlines Days And Times: 7pm est Sunday-Thurs, 3 virtual days per sim.
First Season: 2002
Current Time: December 2004
Special Rules & Settings: All teams began with even financials, commish does not own a team, special participation rewards, captain system.
Full Rules: The Virtual Baseball League » Constitution
Scouting: On
Coaches: On
Currently Available Teams: Baltimore

If interested: As I said above, many of the owners in this league have been together for 10 real years. I am not looking for a pulse. I am looking for somebody who wants to be involved in the league. We write every month as you'll see from our website. We exchange many emails and will never be a forum league. I am as dedicated of a commish you will find. You'll get your sims when I say you will, and I've gone through 4 years of college, a marriage, and now two children and haven't stopped. The only break we had was when we started a new league in 2012 - converting from a sim that was built in 1998 to OOTP13.

So if you're interested, write vblcommish@gmail.com and tell me why you're the best fit for The VBL.

August 27, 2002 – On this date, the Virtual Baseball League 3 played it’s first two games. At that time, there was a ton of uncertainty whether or not the league could last.

Using a sim called Front Page Sports Baseball (circa 1998), the league was constantly battling against technology with each and every sim.

After 10 years, and 20 seasons the VBL3 closed it’s doors on June 6, 2012.

Of the 28 owners in VBL3 at the time of the doors closing, 24 of them are original VBL owners! Based on the fact that 13 owners have never used OOTP before, proves what a great community we have built.

The risk they are taking, combined with the veteran OOTP users will undoubtedly create another great online community and competitive league.

Now, a new era will officially begin in the VBL. After 2 months of drafting, learning, and spring training – The VBL is ready for it’s first Opening Day!

On Wednesday night, August 15th – The VBL will begin with it’s first 3 games in the league’s history.

We are not just any OOTP 13 league – We Are The VBL.
Attached Images

Last edited by coljesep; 06-24-2013 at 09:48 AM. Reason: update in membership
coljesep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 01:30 PM   #2
coljesep
All Star Reserve

Thank you to all the folks who submitted a waiting list message!

I will never ask any potential GM for a "writing sample" though I do appreciate them. To me, I want committed owners who are looking to be in a league for 10 real years.

My hope is that I'll never need to go to the waiting list, but realistically I know that probably won't happen. So keep them coming! I will contact each and every waiting list applicant if we ever expand or need an owner!
Old 08-28-2012, 05:10 PM   #3
coljesep
All Star Reserve

The Virtual Baseball League will close out it's first virtual April with the next sim!

The Virtual Baseball League -
Old 09-11-2012, 10:42 PM   #4
coljesep
All Star Reserve

We have completed our virtual May!

Check out our team stories on the front page!
Old 10-01-2012, 09:43 PM   #5
coljesep
All Star Reserve

We will finish virtual July with our next sim!

Check out our Team Press Releases! All are written by team owner and posted by the commish.
Old 10-16-2012, 02:17 PM   #6
coljesep
All Star Reserve

We've reached virtual September! Still no openings, which is a great thing - but bookmark us, because you never know.

Old 10-27-2012, 09:30 PM   #7
coljesep
All Star Reserve

The VBL has ended it's regular season!

It ended with controversy though. We ended up with a 3 way tie for the wildcard spot and St. Louis was the odd man out and didn't get a shot at a 1 game playoff. Terrible job by OOTP but hopefully we don't deal with future 3 way tie!

The Virtual Baseball League - - The playoffs have begun, go here if you'd like to read the 8 playoff previews written by our owners!
Old 12-11-2012, 04:58 PM   #8
coljesep
All Star Reserve

Season 2 Beginning!

Still trucking along!

The Season 1 winner was crowned with Vienna sweeping Circle City. Thursday begins our 2nd regular season - thus far, no ownership openings yet but I do have a few on the wait list.

Our champion received a custom made t-shirt for his victory! T-shirts are cooler than trophies.

If interested vblcommish@gmail.com

The Virtual Baseball League
Old 02-10-2013, 10:18 PM   #9
coljesep
All Star Reserve

We have finished our 2nd year! Still no openings, but keep an eye on us if you're ever looking for a great league

Congrats to our champion DC Teddy's.

Side note: We had a 3 way tie for the wildcard for the 2nd year straight... this year we were able to solve the issue.

We seeded them 1-3 based on head to head, then scheduled a game #2 v #3, loser eliminated.

Then the winner played #1 seed and if the #1 seed won they played once more. This way win % dictated a winner.

The team that won that process, won our title... go figure.
Old 03-23-2013, 08:41 PM   #10
coljesep
All Star Reserve

Our third season (2004) has officially begun tonight!

A few changes took place in the off-season..

#1 Arbitration is now officially beginning - We chose to not start the league with arbitration, mostly so our new OOTP users could get used to the sim first.

#2 Rule 5 Draft - The rule 5 draft will begin this offseason. We chose not to have it for the same reason listed above

#3 Fictional Feeder - We were a real based league but by a 60/40 vote it was decided to go to a fictional feed. We will have several players based on real players though

Old 06-21-2013, 11:03 PM   #11
coljesep
All Star Reserve

We are about to head to 2005!

Old 06-24-2013, 09:47 AM   #12
coljesep
All Star Reserve

We've had a few applications and I want to gain the new member by the end of the sim week. We are just about to hit the virtual new year. Info on how to apply is on the front page