Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Schedules

OOTP Mods - Schedules Create your very own game schedules, or share historical schedules

Old 07-23-2012, 12:53 PM   #1
joefromchicago
Hall Of Famer

14-team AL schedules 1977-93

Before I go to the trouble of extracting the information from the major league schedules supplied with the game, does anyone have an American League schedule that was used between 1977 and 1993, when there were fourteen teams in the league? I'm just looking for the AL schedule in game-ready LSDL file format.

Thanks!
joefromchicago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 09:03 PM   #2
Le Grande Orange
Hall Of Famer

It shouldn't be that bad extracting the AL schedule data from the OOTP schedule files. The AL clubs will automatically be team ID numbers 1-14. Import the schedule into Excel (or other spreadsheet app), resort the data to get the NL clubs games grouped together, delete them, then resort by day number. Copy and paste that back into the schedule file, fix the header information and the file name, and you're done.

Be aware that the AL in 1977-78 used a divisionally weighted schedule which saw divisional rivals played 15 times each (90 games total) and clubs in the other division played 10 or 11 times each (72 games total). In 1979 the AL switched to a balanced schedule, which it used all the way through the 1996 season. (Even though the leagues split into 3 divisions in 1994, from '94-'96 it was the same style of balanced schedule as had been used in 1993.)
Le Grande Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 12:17 PM   #3
joefromchicago
Hall Of Famer

Thanks for that tip, and also for the reminder that the AL changed from an unbalanced schedule to a slightly-more balanced schedule in 1979.

If anyone's interested, attached is the 1977 AL schedule.

american league 1977.lsdl
Old 08-11-2012, 09:15 PM   #4
Ozymandius
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Grande Orange View Post
It shouldn't be that bad extracting the AL schedule data from the OOTP schedule files. The AL clubs will automatically be team ID numbers 1-14. Import the schedule into Excel (or other spreadsheet app), resort the data to get the NL clubs games grouped together, delete them, then resort by day number. Copy and paste that back into the schedule file, fix the header information and the file name, and you're done.
Ok so I want to use the 1979-1993 version of the AL schedule for a league. I opened the .lsdl file in Excel2010. I did a filter on columns K and L for all numbers higher than 14 and then I deleted those rows from the spreadsheet. This gave me 1134 rows of data (not counting header) which seems to make sense since 162 game schedule for 14 teams is 2268 and there are 2 teams per row.

I get a message saying the map cannot be exported. So I am unsure how to go about doing this as per directions above.

Help please?

On a side note, could one import schedules made from OOTP 13 into OOTP 8?

Last edited by Ozymandius; 08-11-2012 at 09:56 PM.
Ozymandius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 03:09 PM   #5
joefromchicago
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandius View Post
Ok so I want to use the 1979-1993 version of the AL schedule for a league. I opened the .lsdl file in Excel2010. I did a filter on columns K and L for all numbers higher than 14 and then I deleted those rows from the spreadsheet. This gave me 1134 rows of data (not counting header) which seems to make sense since 162 game schedule for 14 teams is 2268 and there are 2 teams per row.

I get a message saying the map cannot be exported. So I am unsure how to go about doing this as per directions above.
Use copy-and-paste instead of export.