Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Database Tools
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP Mods - Database Tools Do you need to take a dump? SQL gurus welcome

Old 09-23-2012, 09:27 PM   #101
Getch
All Star Reserve

Version 5.0.5 Released!

This release mainly revolves around the draft. IF YOU ARE RUNNING A DRAFT, please wait until the draft completes before updating the patch. I actually made most of the enhancements months ago, so I'm sure I have forgotten some. I was waiting for the latest OOTP patch to release (which should be here soon). From my memory, the fixes are:

- Added the ability to run an inaugural draft
- Added the ability to import the draft into OOTP (NOTE: Requires the upcoming patch to work correctly)
- Added the option to "Use List if time expires", meaning, if the person gets auto'd due to the draft timer, it will use the draft list, if available, instead of OU auto'ing it.
- Fixed the draft list icons, and other minor bugs
- Added a "Time on Clock" column in the draft admin screen to show how long each person was on the clock
- Fixed it such that mobile devices scroll properly in development and draft screens
- Wrote the Readme for the draft, development and admin screens (finally)
- Memory improvements to generating the development report
- I'm sure there are others

As always, make sure you Generate UI Files from the Admin page after patching.

The next patch will (hopefully) bring some of the requests/enhancements people have been clamoring for...
Getch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 10:25 PM   #102
Kaaosaste
Minors (Double A)

Thanks Getch, for all your hard work on this. We're running an inaugural draft, so I will be sure to let you know how it goes.

I have a question. Is the draft able to be imported if the entire thing is run in OU, or does the import function not work with that either? I think I read in this thread that partial drafts were not able to be imported, just wondering if the entire draft can be.

Thanks.
Kaaosaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 11:36 AM   #103
Getch
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaaosaste View Post
I have a question. Is the draft able to be imported if the entire thing is run in OU, or does the import function not work with that either? I think I read in this thread that partial drafts were not able to be imported, just wondering if the entire draft can be.
Thanks.
You can import partial drafts. The only thing I strongly suggest is completing the round in OU before importing. And remember, you will need the upcoming version of OOTP for import to work properly.

One other note is that I doubt anyone tested import of inaugural drafts in OOTP. Hopefully it'll work, but just setting your expectations. Let me know if it doesn't and I'll open a bug against OOTP.
Old 09-24-2012, 06:37 PM   #104
Recte44
Global Moderator

Getch,

I need some guidance on installing two OOTPOU's for two separate leagues on the same server.

Can you tell me where I should place these in relation to the cgi-bin folder? My first one is straight in the cgi-bin folder.
Old 09-24-2012, 10:49 PM   #105
Getch
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recte44 View Post
Getch,

I need some guidance on installing two OOTPOU's for two separate leagues on the same server.

Can you tell me where I should place these in relation to the cgi-bin folder? My first one is straight in the cgi-bin folder.
You should be able to put another in a sub-folder from the cgi-bin directory, so something like "cgi-bin/myLeague/"

The cgi-bin parameter in OU would become "cgi-bin/myLeague/", and the root HTML would be "../.."
Old 10-01-2012, 12:41 PM   #106
Kaaosaste
Minors (Double A)

Hey Getch

On the page for the Manager of the Year voting, is there any way to get the record for the most recent season to be the entire record? It looks like it only shows the team's record from the latest sim.
Kaaosaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 01:36 PM   #107
Getch
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaaosaste View Post
Hey Getch

On the page for the Manager of the Year voting, is there any way to get the record for the most recent season to be the entire record? It looks like it only shows the team's record from the latest sim.
Is your team_record.csv up to date? The current year's team records are pulled from there.
Old 10-04-2012, 08:50 PM   #108
MEspo
Bat Boy

Is there something wrong with the development reports in the update? I tried to update my league and got nothing and it is happening in another league I'm in. While it takes you to the development page, no players are actually shown. Here's an example from the other league I'm in.

Development - Padres

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks for all the hard work!
MEspo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 12:20 PM   #109
Getch
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEspo View Post
Is there something wrong with the development reports in the update? I tried to update my league and got nothing and it is happening in another league I'm in. While it takes you to the development page, no players are actually shown. Here's an example from the other league I'm in.

Development - Padres

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks for all the hard work!
The first time you run development no development will show since it just creates a baseline of ratings to compare future sim's against. Is this the first time you ran development?
Old 10-05-2012, 12:45 PM   #110
MEspo
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getch View Post
The first time you run development no development will show since it just creates a baseline of ratings to compare future sim's against. Is this the first time you ran development?
It works. I knew that the first time was for a baseline, but it didn't work after the second sim either. It works now. Thanks.
MEspo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 07:18 PM   #111
sjshaw
Minors (Triple A)

Getch,

We're running "OOTP X Online Utilities - Version 3.1.6" in the FOBL for the dev reporting (link). I'd like to upgrade us to your new version. Anything we need to do so we don't lose all the dev history?
sjshaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 05:29 AM   #112
mp33
Minors (Single A)

Hi Getch,

First of all thanks for this great tool. Currently I'm using it in a friend's league but I'm about to use it for my league very soon as well.

Is it possible to do a multi-league draft? I use a promotion/relegation system but I want all teams for the draft. One solution I came up with is to temporarily put all teams into one league. Or is there an easy way to make this possible without editing the league structure?

Legacy Baseball League - Philadelphia Brewers
- former -
United States of Baseball - Houston Defenders
British Baseball Society - Northumbria 1530
mp33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 08:17 PM   #113
Getch
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjshaw View Post
Getch,

We're running "OOTP X Online Utilities - Version 3.1.6" in the FOBL for the dev reporting (link). I'd like to upgrade us to your new version. Anything we need to do so we don't lose all the dev history?
Nope, it'll upgrade fine.

Quote:
Hi Getch,

First of all thanks for this great tool. Currently I'm using it in a friend's league but I'm about to use it for my league very soon as well.

Is it possible to do a multi-league draft? I use a promotion/relegation system but I want all teams for the draft. One solution I came up with is to temporarily put all teams into one league. Or is there an easy way to make this possible without editing the league structure?
The source of truth for OU is the csv files. What I would do is export your league as-is to the csv files, then edit teams.csv and human_managers.csv and change the league_id column to all match the same league. You *may* need to do the same in players.csv as well, although it may not be needed to get the draft working in this regard. Let me know how it works.
Old 10-12-2012, 01:04 PM   #114
Spindel
All Star Reserve

So I'm running 5.0.3 and would like to update, however, I'm unsure about how to go about it? Is there a readme or anything?
Old 10-12-2012, 05:25 PM   #115
dangarion
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getch View Post
Version 5.0.5 Released!
Awesome! Thanks so much!

Question where can I edit to remove relievers from the Cy Young ballot? I have too many dumb owners that can't tell what they are voting for on that ballot...
dangarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 08:40 PM   #116
Spindel
All Star Reserve

Will OOTPOU's draft utility work for an association between two leagues?
Old 10-18-2012, 08:07 AM   #117
biggerme
Minors (Single A)

Draft

closed

Last edited by biggerme; 11-05-2012 at 11:48 AM.
biggerme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 06:10 PM   #118
JDRedemann
Bat Boy

I'm going to ask the dumbest question of all... We're starting a rookie draft. We've imported the draft into the Utilities. We're all good to go... How do we start the clock?
Old 10-19-2012, 09:52 AM   #119
BleedingCubbyBlue
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDRedemann View Post
I'm going to ask the dumbest question of all... We're starting a rookie draft. We've imported the draft into the Utilities. We're all good to go... How do we start the clock?
IT seems as if it doesn't start until after the first pick is made. That's been my experience.

BleedingCubbyBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 11:37 AM   #120
mankle
Minors (Double A)

Hey Getch... great work as always. Just want to report a problem I had with a rookie draft in the ASBA (using the most recent 5.0.5 edition of the utilities). For some reason, the csv file of the draft order had a different order for the supplemental was listed in game. I edited the csv file and updated the one on utilities to the correct draft order, and the OOTPOU showed the now correct order.

The first round of the draft went swimmingly, but when we got to the supplemental round, the draft stopped working in Utilities. People could not make their selections and I couldn't auto-draft for them. Basically, it ground to a halt. The only I could make picks was to enter the player ID number manually as the commissioner.

Any idea what may have gone wrong?