Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Historical Simulations

Old 04-19-2012, 10:37 AM   #1
Cool Papa Bell
Major Leagues

The National Association is expanding for 1868

Hi guys, the NAPBBP again...below are league notes from the 1867 Championship Series, one of our finest to date in our 10 years of play.

The National Association of Professional Base Ball Players league is 20 team historical/fictional league that started in the 1858 season. The league is expanding 4 teams for the 1868 season and need 1 or 2 new owners. We plan on expanding 4 more teams in 1873 and our final 4 in 1878 for a max of 32 teams.

We have been on version 11 since the start but are moving to version 13 for the expansion draft and seasons beyond. The Expansion format will include a 10 round Expansion Draft to get 50 players each into the new teams's major league level and farm system. I will then add players to the lower minors to fill in some of the rosters. From there, right after the expansion draft the free agency period will start.

If anyone is interested, feel free to contact me. Further info on the league can be found at

www.napbbp.com

The NAPBBP is attempting to re-play the entire history of baseball in an alternative sense, with more standardized statistical fluctuations (no Dead Ball to the Lively Ball swings in stats), a standardized schedule throughout (154 games per season always) and the actual ML/AA/AL players as they come historically. But most uniquely, the early players (Harry Wright, Jim Creighton, Dickie Pearce, Joe Leggett, Henry Polhemus, Matty O'Brien, etc who did not play in the early NL or who had careers when they were getting up in age), authentic Civil War soldiers as fill in players in the early years, along with Negro League and Caribbean ballplayers who were not given the opportunity to play in the major leagues.

It's been a lot of fun so far, with enthusiastic owners who know and appreciate the history of baseball, enjoy the format and have fun with the league. It is also a league I am using as background statistical and bio information for a book writing project, so you will be part of more than just the NAPBBP and an OOTP on-line league. Some background and player information has already been used in a screen play I completed last summer.

Philip

NAPBBP League Notes---The 1867 Championship Series
(Sorry that the box scores in the original e-mail would not show)

Game 1
Tuesday, September 17th, 1867
Fred Crane homered and drove in 2 and the Phillies rallied from an early deficit after Chicago ace Jonathan Burr left the game early with an injury.

Game 2
Wednesday, September 18th, 1867
Charmer Zettlein outduled Richard Douglas, tossing a 5 hit shutout to lead the Phillies to a 2-0 lead in the series.

Game 3
Friday, September 20th, 1867
Philadelphia capitalized on an error to post 3 unearned runs in a big 4 run 7th inning, then held on late to gain a commanding 3-0 lead in the Series.

Game 4
Saturday, September 21st, 1867
Frank Barrows was strong over 7+ innings and Justin Wilhelm homered and drove in 2 of the Whitestockings 3 runs, as Chicago breaks thru to take game 4.

Game 5
Monday, September 23rd, 1867
Chicago jumped on Philly ace Jim Creighton early and pounded him for 7 runs in 8 innings to trim Philadelphia's lead in the Series to 3-2. Al Wright and Joe Grace lead the way, each homering and driving in a pair, with Jonathan Burr going the distance.

Game 6
Tuesday, September 24th, 1867
It's a brand new series as the Whitestockings score a pair of runs in the late innings to win 5-3 and even the series at 3 games each. Al Wright homered for the 3rd time.

Game 7
Thursday, September 26th, 1867
The Whitestockings continue their improbable comeback to move to within 1 game of the Championship, as Al Wright homers yet again in the Series.

Game 8
Friday, September 27th, 1867
The Phillies get off the schnide, using home runs from Harry Deane (3) and Wynn Armstrong during a 3 run 4th inning to hang on 3-2. It all now comes down to the aces, Jimmy Creighton vs Jonathan Burr, to decide the 1867 Championship Series.

Game 9
Sunday, September 29th, 1867
All fans and afficionados can say is Wow! Or maybe Holy Cow! The Whitestockings come from down 3-0 in the Series to win the 1867 NAPBBP Championship. An incredible series to watch and one that will go down as one of the finest Championship Series of all time.

Congratulations to Xavier and his Whitestockings for their pennant and to Chris and the Phillies on fantastic seasons and one amazing Series!

We've reached October 1st on the league schedule and the start of the Salary Arbitration Period. A new league file has been uploaded and the league reports have been updated on the website as well.I will run the next sim on Thursday night at 8:00 p.m. which will take us to October 25nd and the Arbitration Hearings and Free Agent filings. Please check your manager screens and make your arbitration decisions. Plenty of other team and league related functions, such as retirements and coaching vacancies on your team to address as well. From there, we will begin preparations for the Expansion Draft and the move to version 13. I will be sending out the guidelines and getting us ready for the draft, but any questions or comments/concerns, please let me know and as always, have fun!

KML
www.napbbp.com

Last edited by Cool Papa Bell; 04-19-2012 at 11:08 AM.
Cool Papa Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 02:44 PM   #2
Charlie Hough
Hall Of Famer

This probably belongs in the online leagues section.
Charlie Hough is offline   Reply With Quote