Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions

Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions General chat about the game...

Old 04-10-2012, 05:21 PM   #141
Solonor
Hall Of Famer

My biggest disappointment is the fact that storylines don't work with imported leagues.

So, none of the stories about players breaking league records or teams clinching the playoffs apply to our long-running league. Very sad.

"Beings will come, Frodo. The one constant through all the years has been baseball. Middle Earth has rolled by like an army of Mumakil. It has been erased like a slate, rebuilt and erased again. But baseball has marked the time. This field, this game: it's a part of our past, Frodo. It reminds of us of all that once was good and it could be again. Oh... beings will come Frodo. Beings will most definitely come." - Gladden Field of Dreams
Solonor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 05:46 PM   #142
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solonor View Post
My biggest disappointment is the fact that storylines don't work with imported leagues.

So, none of the stories about players breaking league records or teams clinching the playoffs apply to our long-running league. Very sad.
Where did you read this?
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 06:14 PM   #143
ShermLollar
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Markus, you have outdone yourself with OOTP13. The new UI is fabulous. The screens are a great improvement over the previous HTML screens and are much easier to read, especially for my 65 year old eyes.

I've only had a couple of days to explore the nooks and crannies and I can't wait to get started with the MLB Quickstart.

Thank you for your efforts and congratulations on publshing such a wonderful game.
ShermLollar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 06:18 PM   #144
cody8200
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

They do work with leagues. League and player records have nothing to do with storylines though.

Storylines only show up on the Bnn news filter. If it is not selected, you will not see them.

Last edited by cody8200; 04-10-2012 at 06:21 PM.
cody8200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 06:22 PM   #145
Solonor
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cody8200 View Post
They do work with leagues. League and player records have nothing to do with storylines though.

Storylines only show up on the Bnn news filter. If it is not selected, you will not see them.
I ran a 10-year sim and saw not one single story about league records* or storylines. So, I imported again and tried it. Still nada.

*and by league record stories I mean news articles about a player breaking a record, not those little "did you know?" stories. No team clinching playoff articles either.

"Beings will come, Frodo. The one constant through all the years has been baseball. Middle Earth has rolled by like an army of Mumakil. It has been erased like a slate, rebuilt and erased again. But baseball has marked the time. This field, this game: it's a part of our past, Frodo. It reminds of us of all that once was good and it could be again. Oh... beings will come Frodo. Beings will most definitely come." - Gladden Field of Dreams

Last edited by Solonor; 04-10-2012 at 06:24 PM.
Old 04-10-2012, 07:02 PM   #146
1998 Yankees
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
You may want to mention that one to Steve for the manual, too!
1998 Yankees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 10:51 PM   #147
RoxFan
Bat Boy

This game sneaks up on you

I've been playing around with different leagues for a few days now, and coming from table-top baseball sims I found the initial immersion somewhat lacking....until I figured out how to s l o w things down, and now I think the options on how you wish to immerse yourself in the game are almost overwhelming

5 stars, 2 thumbs up, grand slam...all those tried sayings to rave about a game are warranted here.

I've also enjoyed importing the various facegen mods and it's clear that the game has a devoted and talented fan base. High class all around. Salut!
Old 04-10-2012, 10:59 PM   #148
discodude5
Major Leagues

With OOTP it's hard to believe they could make 13 that much better than 12 but in my opinion it is a big step forward.

Imported my v 12 league, no issues.

RTS I tried for a bit and it was awesome, especially can't wait to use it during the final days of the regular season and playoffs.

I will be using the playoff byes in my long running league.

I've been doing lots of sim test leagues to get my stats just right and things started to go really slow. Happy to hear it's getting fixed in a patch. Fixing it this fast is another example of why I have no worries at all of purchasing OOTP every year.
Great release, great support, great community.
discodude5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 11:11 PM   #149
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Ok, how do I just sim the day without it moving onto the next day, aka "Play today"?

Finish today sims the day and then moves to the next day - I want it to sim the day, but stay on the current day it just simmed - we could do that in v12 and there must be a way to do that in v13?
Old 04-10-2012, 11:14 PM   #150
oman19
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post
Ok, how do I just sim the day without it moving onto the next day, aka "Play today"?

Finish today sims the day and then moves to the next day - I want it to sim the day, but stay on the current day it just simmed - we could do that in v12 and there must be a way to do that in v13?
You gotta go into RTS mode then there will be a button at the top that says simulate day or something like that.

My OOTP wishlist: http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...-wishlist.html
oman19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 11:50 PM   #151
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by oman19 View Post
You gotta go into RTS mode then there will be a button at the top that says simulate day or something like that.
Yeah I found it.. not exactly like v12 though. I like one click, done.
Old 04-11-2012, 02:28 AM   #152
Qrusher14242
All Star Starter

I just noticed that with the Historical Logos in the Add-on Center, when you sim, it automatically puts in the new logos! Was this in 12 and i just missed it?? Saves me a lot of work.
Old 04-11-2012, 08:48 AM   #153
Solonor
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Well, I found out that storylines do work if you delete the old storylines.dat that was imported with your league (or re-import the xml on the database page). Might want to include that as a note for upgraders.

I still haven't seen any record-breaking or playoff-clinching stories, yet.

Old 04-11-2012, 12:54 PM   #154
Minors (Double A)

I've been simming baseball for 30 years. Back in the table top days, it was inconceivable that a game as beautiful, detailed, and realistic as this could ever exist. Put in that context, the game is a true masterpiece.

Now that you've perfected the baseball text sim, I hope you implement some FM-style animations so we can watch games get played out with realistic graphics rather than reading text descriptions that get worn out no matter how good they are.

Great work, thanks to everybody that made it possible!
01010010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 01:00 PM   #155
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Well, I found out that storylines do work if you delete the old storylines.dat that was imported with your league (or re-import the xml on the database page). Might want to include that as a note for upgraders.

I did not do anything except import my league into OOTP13, and I have seen new storylines already (the one about the player going to India).
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 01:18 PM   #156
SportsFan00
Minors (Single A)

I LOVE this game... sure there could be a few changes/tweaks... but i love the real time simulation, i love how it's easy to find things in this game now even though it took awhile to get use to..

like I said before, OF COURSE the game could implement new things and make it better, but there's really not much to complain about(from my standpoint) I mean there's ALWAYS going to be flaws in a game, but i rather spend my money on OOTP than waste 50-60 dollars on a baseball game for PS3 when they RARELY change ANYTHING important.
SportsFan00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 03:11 PM   #157
jhart05
Major Leagues

I don't usually play games like this full screen.

Decided to try it out last night with this game.

Wow! I'm not going back to the little window again.
jhart05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 03:31 PM   #158
SportsFan00
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhart05 View Post
I don't usually play games like this full screen.

Decided to try it out last night with this game.

Wow! I'm not going back to the little window again.

haha same here.. I love it full screen
SportsFan00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 05:50 PM   #159
Tycobbler
All Star Starter

Everything looks great. My one pet peeve would be to rid the # sign next to the position that they are in on the Standings Page.
Tycobbler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 11:30 PM   #160
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsFan00 View Post
I LOVE this game... sure there could be a few changes/tweaks... but i love the real time simulation, i love how it's easy to find things in this game now even though it took awhile to get use to..

like I said before, OF COURSE the game could implement new things and make it better, but there's really not much to complain about(from my standpoint) I mean there's ALWAYS going to be flaws in a game, but i rather spend my money on OOTP than waste 50-60 dollars on a baseball game for PS3 when they RARELY change ANYTHING important.
While OOTP is great and I fully support it, I can't just let such a statement go uncorrected. What OOTP is to computer baseball simulations, The Show series is to console baseball simulations. It's a game that takes BIG leaps forward most every year and much like OOTP, it has active and engaged developers who listen to their customers in implenting changes to the game.
Cole is offline   Reply With Quote