Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support Do you have a copy of OOTP Baseball 2006? Are you in need of help and assistance in running the game or do you have errors that you need help in resolving? This is your place!

Old 08-03-2012, 12:53 AM   #1021
MooK881
Minors (Double A)

Re-seeding improperly

With the latest patch, teams are not re-seeding properly for homefield advantage in the second round of the playoffs.

I use the following rules:
10 teams in the playoffs per subleague
Rank teams by seeding (not position)
Re-seed teams by win%

3 of the 4 lower seeds that played in the first round are getting homefield advantage in the next round over bye teams with much better records
MooK881 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 07:16 AM   #1022
Peregrine
All Star Reserve

May be related or may have been there before the patch but I am having a lot of problems setting up Association Playoffs so they will run correctly. Are there some "known fixes" of how to run these so they will work fine with unusual amounts of leagues and teams?
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 10:40 AM   #1023
dangarion
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by kleric View Post
Just curious, how long does it take for Support to get back to you once you've entered a Support Ticket? I'm holding my online league up while we're awaiting the outcome of my support ticket and want to be able to give them an estimate.

Thanks.
If this is any indication, I posted tickets in May and haven't heard a single word about them since...
dangarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 11:49 AM   #1024
Another Mike D
All Star Reserve

Draft order totally fubared.

Running 13.4 (build 17)

Our draft order was fine heading into FA (1/1/2046)...days 1 and 2 everything was cool...each sim was 10 days. We get to 1/31/2046 and the order has been totally jumbled. It would appear the game has shuffled it to alphabetical order by division for the most part, except a few teams here and there.

For example, the Yanks finished with the best record in the league and had the 36th pick in the draft or something (thanks to unsigned picks) and got moved up to #5 with the first few picks being, BAL, BAL, KC, BOS, NYA, TB, TOR

The KC is where they should be, but NYA won 105 games, TB and TOR each won 88. The next few are CHW, NYM, CLE, NYM, LV, KC, MIN. Chicago won 90 games, the Mets are fine, CLE won the WC with 92 wins, LV won the Central with 93 wins, MIN had 87 wins.

Edit to add: we are playing with compensation for unsigned picks and FA comp, but the Yankees should not have been able to move into 5 regardless. Here are the changes just to the top 15:

Original
SEA
BAL -- comp for unsigned
KC --- comp for unsigned
BAL
KC
NYM
PIT
STL
NYM --- comp for unsigned
SF
NYM ---- comp for unsigned 2 seasons ago, thanks for not getting this right OOTP
BOS
HOU
COL
ARI

They should be protected, and even so, neither SEA, BAL, KC, or NYM has signed anyone. Looks like the unsigned comp picks stayed...The new order is:
BAL
BAL
KC
BOS
NYA
TB
TOR
CHW
NYM
CLE
NYM
LV
KC
MIN

Seattle is picking 20th behind...you guessed it...ANA and OAK.

Co-commissioner of United Baseball League

Last edited by Another Mike D; 08-03-2012 at 12:03 PM.
Another Mike D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 12:58 PM   #1025
kleric
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangarion View Post
If this is any indication, I posted tickets in May and haven't heard a single word about them since...

Ugh. What status did you set yours?
kleric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 01:28 PM   #1026
pallison14
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Another Mike D View Post

Running 13.4 (build 17)

Our draft order was fine heading into FA (1/1/2046)...days 1 and 2 everything was cool...each sim was 10 days. We get to 1/31/2046 and the order has been totally jumbled. It would appear the game has shuffled it to alphabetical order by division for the most part, except a few teams here and there.

For example, the Yanks finished with the best record in the league and had the 36th pick in the draft or something (thanks to unsigned picks) and got moved up to #5 with the first few picks being, BAL, BAL, KC, BOS, NYA, TB, TOR

The KC is where they should be, but NYA won 105 games, TB and TOR each won 88. The next few are CHW, NYM, CLE, NYM, LV, KC, MIN. Chicago won 90 games, the Mets are fine, CLE won the WC with 92 wins, LV won the Central with 93 wins, MIN had 87 wins.

Edit to add: we are playing with compensation for unsigned picks and FA comp, but the Yankees should not have been able to move into 5 regardless. Here are the changes just to the top 15:

Original
SEA
BAL -- comp for unsigned
KC --- comp for unsigned
BAL
KC
NYM
PIT
STL
SF
NYM ---- comp for unsigned 2 seasons ago, thanks for not getting this right OOTP
BOS
HOU
COL
ARI

They should be protected, and even so, neither SEA, BAL, KC, or NYM has signed anyone. Looks like the unsigned comp picks stayed...The new order is:
BAL
BAL
KC
BOS
NYA
TB
TOR
CHW
NYM
CLE
NYM
LV
KC
MIN

Just to add to this, this is a v11 converted league (we converted from v11 -> v12 -> v13 in one swoop). And it's an online league.

I did a dry run up to the June 20 draft day, and the order got completely changed again. To something even less sensical.

New York (AL), UBL
pallison14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 02:28 PM   #1027
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
May be related or may have been there before the patch but I am having a lot of problems setting up Association Playoffs so they will run correctly. Are there some "known fixes" of how to run these so they will work fine with unusual amounts of leagues and teams?
Can you please be more specific?
pstrickert is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 04:17 AM   #1028
Peregrine
All Star Reserve

I guess what I am referring to is the issue discussed in this thread - certain combinations of numbers of leagues and numbers of teams selected for an association playoff causes some very unusual issues.

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...layoffs-2.html

Some examples that cephasjames discovered

3 league 8 team setup (2,3,3) causes problems

1 and 3 works just fine.

But 1/3/1 freezes the game.

And 2/4/2 freezes the game.

<Erased my other setup as I found the problem - something I had set incorrectly in my league.>

Last edited by Peregrine; 08-04-2012 at 01:41 PM.
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 04:58 AM   #1029
old timer
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kleric View Post
Ugh. What status did you set yours?
Could you let me know your ticket ID? I'll take a look at it once you do.
Old 08-04-2012, 04:59 AM   #1030
old timer
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangarion View Post
Let me know what your ticket IDs are and I'll try to help.
Old 08-04-2012, 02:51 PM   #1031
rwmorey
Minors (Double A)

Can't Drag a Drop Multiple Players off Waivers

In the transaction screen if I try to drag multiple players off waivers the game tells me an error occurred with "x", listing all the players I had selected. However, if I drag the players off one at a time they all come off waivers.
rwmorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 12:42 PM   #1032
tward13
All Star Starter

Any idea if you'll ever fix the issues with the pitching and line-up screens?

I click on pitching icon for my team WHY are all 25 guys listed. Other times I click the line-ups icon and pitchers are listed. Etc, etc, version after version.
tward13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 12:40 PM   #1033
TheComish
Minors (Rookie Ball)

The game cant save

I re-installed the whole game with the recommended settings and started a historical league with the Spritz-Gambo 12 DB. sim'd the whole 1901 season and half of the 1902 season. Decided to save it and close it down test it loading. Loaded the saved game(recieved 10 errors for missing sub league logo's) but still loaded league. Sim'd 2-3 days of games and tried to save it and I got the same error from earlier, cant find save file. Database is pointing to location of

Documents\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP 13\Spritz-Gambo 12 DB

It has to be something with my saved games files/folders im guessing.
TheComish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 01:06 PM   #1034
weppnesp
Bat Boy

scroll bar has disappeared in messages list

My news scrollbar has disappeared. The table of contents scrollbar for the upper left corner window. Latest patch, Linux version. Is this a bug or have I done something?
weppnesp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 08:34 PM   #1035
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Another Mike D View Post

Running 13.4 (build 17)

Original
SEA
BAL -- comp for unsigned
KC --- comp for unsigned
BAL
KC
NYM
PIT
STL
SF
BOS
HOU
COL
ARI

BAL
BAL
KC
BOS
NYA
TB
TOR
CHW
NYM
CLE
NYM
LV
KC
MIN

To reproduce, the developer would need the league files from before 1/1/2046.
Old 08-09-2012, 08:38 PM   #1036
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poweshow View Post
Add template to preexisting game - go to finances in league setup menu - game crashes.
Please upload your league files.
Old 08-10-2012, 02:47 AM   #1037
sley
Minors (Double A)

Don't hold your breath

I've been waiting since May 28th on one issue and two other issues since then. I have to do things manually if I want to continue playing the league I started 10 seasons ago or start completely over, again.

Last edited by sley; 08-10-2012 at 02:49 AM.
sley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 05:46 AM   #1038
bad ad
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I started up a 2012 MLB game as the Cardinals and in my rookie Golf Coast League I had a pitcher, Dewin Perez, who on the Minor league report screen had an age of 0. When I clicked on him it then changed his age to 55 - bit old for a rookie!! I presume this is not correct.
bad ad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 05:25 PM   #1039
JohnHoward
All Star Reserve

Dewin Perez

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad ad View Post
I started up a 2012 MLB game as the Cardinals and in my rookie Golf Coast League I had a pitcher, Dewin Perez, who on the Minor league report screen had an age of 0. When I clicked on him it then changed his age to 55 - bit old for a rookie!! I presume this is not correct.
The correct birthdate for Dewin Perez is 9-29-1994 (via scout.com). Go into commissioner mode and edit his information to correct the birthdate. Save. Problem solved.

Last edited by JohnHoward; 08-10-2012 at 05:27 PM. Reason: spelling
JohnHoward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 06:35 PM   #1040
jmknpk2
All Star Reserve

Expense totals wrong on Front Office Page

The "Total Expense" amount does not match the actual total of the expense amounts.

This bug is described in this thread.
jmknpk2 is offline   Reply With Quote