Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support Do you have a copy of OOTP Baseball 2006? Are you in need of help and assistance in running the game or do you have errors that you need help in resolving? This is your place!

Old 07-30-2012, 11:28 AM   #1001
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaa36 View Post
and another minor annoyance- lefthanded throwers that end up with infield ratings. Perhaps lefthanded throwers could never end up with sufficient infield range or error ratings that they end up developing a rating at second, third, or short?
Will fix in OOTP14 (per the developer).
pstrickert is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 11:38 AM   #1002
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy17 View Post
I have started 2 Washington Nationals Major League games in the last month. The first one crashed a week ago after being halfway through the 2nd season. The 2nd one crashed today after being in August of the 1st one. I do not know what is causing this as I will load it up after saving it the day before and then if i try to sim a day, it then crashes
Please submit a support ticket and upload your league files. Thanks.
Old 07-30-2012, 11:39 AM   #1003
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobaltJays View Post
Sometimes when an AI team signs a free agent to a minor league contract, it appears in the player's history (and I think the transaction logs) as though the lowest minor league affiliate signed the player, rather than the parent club. The parent club should be the team listed in the player's history as that's the team that actually signed the player.

This doesn't seem to happen 100% the time, but I've seen it quite frequently in my fictional league. It does not appear to occur with players discovered by scouts.
Old 07-30-2012, 11:43 AM   #1004
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjl518 View Post
found a bug...the national league won the all star game and the report says a loss and steven liddle was on the national league
Old 07-30-2012, 11:44 AM   #1005
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-bone shuffle View Post
Seems to me that players fully recovered and able to play, yet still with time remaining on their DL designation, should be able to begin their Minor League rehab immediately, not have to wait for their DL time to end?

Certainly works this way IRL.
Old 07-30-2012, 11:45 AM   #1006
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Operation Shutdown View Post
Reported this with last version and it's still a bug now. Whenever viewing any screen other than the player's stats screen, the players career WAR is not showing up correctly. The last season's WAR is showing.
Old 07-30-2012, 11:46 AM   #1007
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSUColonel View Post
In my league, Kyle Lohse has demanded a trade from St. Louis...the Cardinals in turn placed him on the trading block. The only problem is, that I went to negotiate a trade, and before I could even make an offer, I am told that Lohse is exercising his "no trade" clause. To me this doesn't make sense. Why would he exercise his no trade clause after demanding a trade?

EDIT: The player in question is listed as "available", but is not physically on the trading block. Not sure if this makes a difference.
Per the developer: This happens if he likes the other team even less than his current one. Will fix in OOTP14.
Old 07-30-2012, 11:47 AM   #1008
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mets Man View Post
It appears that General Managers in real life are listed as Managers in the Available Personnel. Unless I'm mistaken, I recall Pat Gillick, Steve Phillips, Paul DePodesta and many others on the list were General Managers, NOT Managers.

Old 07-30-2012, 11:48 AM   #1009
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigal Son View Post
A pitcher threw the final pitch in an inning, getting a strikeout for the third out. The game said he was injured, then it required that I replace him. But since the half-inning was over, there was no need to replace him until his spot in the order came up or the other team came up to bat in the next inning, whichever came first. I had to put a pitcher into the P spot (which was due up 6th in the next half-inning), then I pinch-hit for him before he even threw a pitch. This shouldn't be the case.
Old 07-30-2012, 11:49 AM   #1010
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry296 View Post
If two players get injured in the same game, I only got 1 pop-up notice after simming.
Old 07-31-2012, 09:29 AM   #1011
tayloraj
Minors (Double A)

Just installed patch #5, and now every time I sim forward a day, league rules change such that there is a foreign players limit of one. I've tried out both my existing MLB quickstart and historical leagues and this issue has come up. I reset the limit down to unlimited (also tried increasing it all the way to 25, just to see if this would prove a suitable workaround), but the very next day the limit would be back to one, and I'd have to reset the rule again.
tayloraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 09:39 AM   #1012
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tayloraj View Post
Just installed patch #5, and now every time I sim forward a day, league rules change such that there is a foreign players limit of one. I've tried out both my existing MLB quickstart and historical leagues and this issue has come up. I reset the limit down to unlimited (also tried increasing it all the way to 25, just to see if this would prove a suitable workaround), but the very next day the limit would be back to one, and I'd have to reset the rule again.
Argh. Thanks... we will fix this immediately and upload a new patch.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 07:28 PM   #1013
Bobble
Hall Of Famer

Issue: Space (to sim the at bat) doesn't work if the tooltip is showing.

Reposted:

I don't know if anyone else plays this way, but I hover my cursor over the quick play button (quick play until RISP now). If I'm up, I just hit SPACE and go batter by batter. If I'm in the field, I hit the right mouse button to click the quick play. With the latest patch, hitting SPACE doesn't do anything if the cursor is over a button. You have to move off the quick play button.

It's a problem for me but I could see this being a much bigger issue for people who don't realize that their cursor has wandered over a button and are wondering why the spacebar isn't working.

Edit: It only seems to be the case if you wait until the tooltip pop-up text shows up.

Bobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 10:55 PM   #1014
Operation Shutdown
All Star Reserve

I thought I saw this posted somewhere before, but couldn't find it just now. Anyway, Maris broke a record for homeruns in a single season during the 1961 season with 56 homeruns. However, in 1962, an e-mail was generated after he hit his 55th homerun of the year, saying that he broke the homerun record set by Babe Ruth.
Attached Images
In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti."
Operation Shutdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 08:14 PM   #1015
rwmorey
Minors (Double A)

Power Ranking News Bug

I am playing OOTP 13 with a completely fictional league, teams. etc. I started in 2012 and I'm now up to 2024. At some point in my playing the power ranking e-mails that I received changed from listing the major league level teams to listing the AAA Minor league teams. I'm not sure when it changed as I didn't read the e-mails all the time but I've noticed it now. Its been that way for the past 5 or 6 seasons.
rwmorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 08:19 PM   #1016
rwmorey
Minors (Double A)

Contract Demand Increases.. Bug?

When negotiating with a free agent if I offer a contract that they sort of like but they aren't quite ready to sign their demands increase.

For example, I had a player asking for 2 years at $10,200,000 per year. I offered 2 years and $9,500,000 and asked for response. He said we were close but how about 2 years, $10,600,000 per year. I increased my offer from $9.5m to $10m per year and he then asked for 2 years, $11m per. In theory this might not be a bug but often times a players demands drop slightly as my offers increase.
rwmorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 08:40 PM   #1017
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwmorey View Post
When negotiating with a free agent if I offer a contract that they sort of like but they aren't quite ready to sign their demands increase.

For example, I had a player asking for 2 years at $10,200,000 per year. I offered 2 years and $9,500,000 and asked for response. He said we were close but how about 2 years, $10,600,000 per year. I increased my offer from $9.5m to $10m per year and he then asked for 2 years, $11m per. In theory this might not be a bug but often times a players demands drop slightly as my offers increase.
So its OK for you to low ball but he can't high ball you back? I think if your first offer was $10M you would have a deal.

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 02:45 AM   #1018
Poweshow
Minors (Triple A)

Infractions: 0/3 (3)
Add template to preexisting game - go to finances in league setup menu - game crashes.
Poweshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 11:43 AM   #1019
rios97
Bat Boy

Is it possible that a pitcher wouldn't throw a fastball??

This is not a big deal to me because it doesn't affect the gameplay but I did want to point it out, since in the real life baseball, I've never heard of a pitcher not throwing a fastball.
Attached Images
rios97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 09:46 PM   #1020
kleric
Minors (Double A)

Just curious, how long does it take for Support to get back to you once you've entered a Support Ticket? I'm holding my online league up while we're awaiting the outcome of my support ticket and want to be able to give them an estimate.

Thanks.
kleric is offline   Reply With Quote