Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Database Tools
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP Mods - Database Tools Do you need to take a dump? SQL gurus welcome

Old 11-02-2011, 10:35 PM   #61
molarmite
Hall Of Famer

Why does my draft time sometimes say pick due at 641:49 or something like that? I have an 8 hour timer with time stopping at 2300 and beginning again at 800.

"Now all you need is a signature. A quote or initial, perhaps."

[
molarmite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 08:31 AM   #62
Getch
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by molarmite View Post
Why does my draft time sometimes say pick due at 641:49 or something like that? I have an 8 hour timer with time stopping at 2300 and beginning again at 800.
The values should be "8", "23" and "8". Everything assumes hours (SL is in minutes if you are used to that, and yes, I'll allow minutes in the next version).

My league has the exact same setup and I've never seen that happen.
Getch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 03:40 PM   #63
statfreak
Hall Of Famer

I haven't read more than the last 15 posts, so pardon me if this has been asked before.

Is there any way you can put a date on the screens to show when OU was last updated? I know during the regular season you can just look at the most recent games to figure out when it was last updated, but during the offseason it is very difficult to tell if/when OU was updated. The person in charge of OU is good at posting a message when it's been updated, but I don't always go to the forum before looking at the results and having a date on the pages would be incredibly useful.

Since I'm here, will OU ever show season to date stats as well or will it always be just the current sim?

Thanks for considering my request and thank you for all your hard work.
Old 11-06-2011, 11:19 AM   #64
Getch
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by statfreak View Post
Is there any way you can put a date on the screens to show when OU was last updated?
OU's a little different than StatsLab in that each module is updated separately... there's no "one big update" that updates everything all at once.

That being said, most likely I can slap each utility's last update date on each page. It's a good idea.

Quote:
Since I'm here, will OU ever show season to date stats as well or will it always be just the current sim?
Yep, all in the works. All in due time. Pacing myself .
Old 11-14-2011, 02:48 PM   #65
Getch
All Star Reserve

Released a minor update 4.0.2d. Our league reached the playoffs and we did a Live Sim and I made some fixes mainly related to the chat window. Specifically:

- Fixed scrolling issue if chat got larger than space allowed
- Commish can enable Live Sim before uploading games, to allow the chat to work prior to the actual sim
- Added a Refresh button to the Live Sim so Commish can upload the next set of games without everyone having to close/reopen Live Sim
- Commish can clear the chat log separately from clearing the game logs
- Hitting enter in chat auto-submits the message
- Commish can set how long after uploading the logs the games will start

I also fixed an issue one specific league was having with running the Development report.

Note that some people were having issues with IE where Live Sim games would just freeze. Refreshing the page happens on a timer on the browser, and I guess IE conveniently would "lose" the timer, so no more refreshes would happen. Anyway, not much I can do about that, so if people are hitting this issue, tell them to use any other browser. Safari, FF and Chrome all worked fine.

Lastly, I am still trying to get the Draft done. My goal is to get everything but the History done in 2 weeks. Making progress, but it got slowed down by real life, in-laws and stupid snowstorms in October.

As always, donations will help motivate me to get things done. I'm still waiting for my first one...
Old 11-16-2011, 01:08 PM   #66
rutri01
All Star Reserve

update/live sim timer

Just updated and have the timer set to run at 3PM. Looking forward to see how this works. Can I set the next live sim while a current one is running?

For example after the 3PM sims start and I set it to start 3 hours later? Or do I have to wait for the livesim to complete? I'm looking to have them run every 3 hours - 9AM-Noon-3PM-6PM and 9PM on broadcast days.... Right now I was logging in and manually starting the livesims at those times. So the timer is great- I shouldn't miss a sim if i get distracted

Last edited by rutri01; 11-16-2011 at 01:10 PM.
rutri01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 10:10 PM   #67
Getch
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by rutri01 View Post
Just updated and have the timer set to run at 3PM. Looking forward to see how this works. Can I set the next live sim while a current one is running?
Don't change the settings until the Live Sim completes, or you might mess up the current one.

Sorry, I really do need a readme on this, I know. But the draft is the mother of all readme's, so I'm waiting... well, procrastinating is a better term. Writing readme's is no fun.
Old 11-19-2011, 10:02 PM   #68
rutri01
All Star Reserve

live sims

tried a few times with the new timer option. Works great. Anyway we can get it set to read the game logs in the ootp folder directly? So we don't have to move the games into it. Or be able to set it to a specific folder? So I don't have to move games in and all the current games are available?
rutri01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 04:02 PM   #69
Getch
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by rutri01 View Post
tried a few times with the new timer option. Works great. Anyway we can get it set to read the game logs in the ootp folder directly? So we don't have to move the games into it. Or be able to set it to a specific folder? So I don't have to move games in and all the current games are available?
I purposefully didn't do that, for a few reasons:

- Going against the ootp folder would result in 1000's of game logs, meaning my UI would then require me to create a picker that easily let you sort through those 1000 logs and pick the ones you cared about. It would be a lot of work.

- The game log directory is publicly available, meaning anyone could "cheat" the Live Sim and look at the results first.

The initial release of Live Sim was aimed towards what you'd want to do to run a playoff live sim. It works for other uses like a normal sim, but I agree it requires a lot of attention from the commish. I do have hopes that I can expand it to make life easier for a normal sim.

For instance, you'd upload the entire sim's logs, and the utility would run each day of the sim in succession automatically, starting the next day's games as soon as the last day's game finished. However, this would be a decent amount of work and other areas in OU need more important help, which is why I didn't do it. I'm trying to prioritize my work, but it's on the list.
Old 12-09-2011, 03:54 PM   #70
GIT-R-DONE
Minors (Triple A)

GETCH,

I am not sure what I have done wrong here, but for some reason I cannot get the new 2 column development stuff to take up the whole page. I updated initially from OU 3 to 4.01, and it didn't work then. Just updated to the latest patched version and it still is not working.

Could you take a look at Development - Choose Team when you have a moment and see if anything stands out as to what could be causing this?

I am sure I just over looked something, but I have been looking into this for 2 days now. I appreciate your time and your efforts and your awesome App. Donations coming soon!
Old 12-10-2011, 10:59 AM   #71
Getch
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by GIT-R-DONE View Post
I am not sure what I have done wrong here, but for some reason I cannot get the new 2 column development stuff to take up the whole page.
We talked over PM. This was due to incorrect settings in the Admin screen.
Old 12-11-2011, 03:28 PM   #72
MikeyB
Minors (Double A)

After trying to update to version 4.0.2d, we're now getting the following error when trying to access the Utilities:

Quote:
Problems

with the html-generating function sent to OOTPOU::Ajax object
Any ideas what was done wrong?
Old 12-11-2011, 04:33 PM   #73
Getch
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyB View Post
After trying to update to version 4.0.2d, we're now getting the following error when trying to access the Utilities:

Any ideas what was done wrong?
I talked to someone from you league already and just fixed it on your site. You had updated the cgi-bin/OOTPOU directory with the new files, but there were three .pl files in cgi-bin that didn't get patched. The mismatched versions of the files was causing the issue.

Also, it looks like you installed OOTPOU.zip instead of OOTPOUPatch.zip. This overwrote your setup files. Unless you are doing a new install, always use OOTPOUPatch.zip
Old 02-24-2012, 09:31 PM   #74
Zarberg
Minors (Double A)

I just noticed this thread! Some of this might have helped the past few days!

ok, another minor problem, user profiles aren't being saved. I.E. when manager e-mail, AIM, etc is being updated, it's not showing on the manager page. I noticed there's a profiles folder but it has no files in it.

Also, HoF, all-star, and awards are saying not enabled even though they're checked, but my league is in the off-season.
Zarberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 02:01 PM   #75
Getch
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarberg View Post
I just noticed this thread! Some of this might have helped the past few days!
It was created since the stickied thread said "OOTP OU 9/X/11", but someone went in and updated it to include OOTP 12 as well. I rather keep all the comments in that thread now.

Quote:
ok, another minor problem, user profiles aren't being saved. I.E. when manager e-mail, AIM, etc is being updated, it's not showing on the manager page. I noticed there's a profiles folder but it has no files in it.
Is this another permission issue? Each user will have a prof##.txt file in the profiles directory created. Sounds like OU isn't able to create and/or write to the file.

Quote:
Also, HoF, all-star, and awards are saying not enabled even though they're checked, but my league is in the off-season.
They become enabled when you go into the Admin subtab of each utility and enable the voting for that year. Go to HoF -> Admin, for instance, and you should see an option to enable voting.

The main Admin tab just toggles whether the HoF, All-Star and Awards tabs even appear at all.
Old 02-26-2012, 10:45 PM   #76
Zarberg
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getch View Post
Is this another permission issue? Each user will have a prof##.txt file in the profiles directory created. Sounds like OU isn't able to create and/or write to the file.
I could have sworn it was a permissions issue, but I've checked and double checked every folder that OOTPOU is associated with, and all of them have the admin account as user and www-data (the Ubuntu default for Apache2) as group. The REALLY strange part? Changing passwords works, and Password.pm has the exact same rights as Profile.pm - as I stated, every file in that folder has the same rights. Any ideas?

EDIT!

Nevermind, I found it. Somehow my "profile" folder had gotten renamed to "profiles" ... actually, checking the file I downloaded, the folder in your .zip is named "profiles" (with an s) and Managers.pm and Profile.pm both use "profile" (without an s).

https://www.big-baseball.org/

Last edited by Zarberg; 02-26-2012 at 11:13 PM.
Zarberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 04:40 PM   #77
eodgooch
Minors (Single A)

Getch I just reverted my league back to OOTPOU from statslab. A couple questions, observations.

1. I have all my league reports and html content on one server and ootpou on another server. I suppose I could switch to mysql reports so I don't have all those additional files bring me over my cap but I prefer static files. What is the deal with the development files? You are now storing them in a html accessible folder OOTPOU on the root of the server? Is there some way you can create a setting for OOTPOU perl files location server and html static files server. I guess I could do this myself but I did see another post where someone has the exact set-up as I use.

2. You should leverage html5 browser storage to save development files. Such that when a user logs into the utility fire an ajax request to get development data for players on that user's team and store the data in html5 storage. Just a thought, it would speed up the system especially for leagues like mine with 12 seasons of dev data.

Thanks
eodgooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 08:39 PM   #78
soadeathdealer
Hall Of Famer

Hey Getch i need a little help .
OOTPOU Live Sim

the live sim isnt working

Leagues

OOTP

POTD: Vermont/Co-Commish
MTBL: League Closed
The Show: Jacksonville Bombers
RFTP : Braves/co-commish: League Closed
HRBL: Commish: League Closed

DDSPF

WWPF- Miami

CSFL- Tampa

USFL: New Orleans

DDSCF

SNCFL: Florida/ JMU
soadeathdealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 09:05 PM   #79
Getch
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by eodgooch View Post
Getch I just reverted my league back to OOTPOU from statslab. A couple questions, observations.
1. I have all my league reports and html content on one server and ootpou on another server. I suppose I could switch to mysql reports so I don't have all those additional files bring me over my cap but I prefer static files. What is the deal with the development files? You are now storing them in a html accessible folder OOTPOU on the root of the server? Is there some way you can create a setting for OOTPOU perl files location server and html static files server. I guess I could do this myself but I did see another post where someone has the exact set-up as I use.
First, OU really should be run from the same site as the static HTML files. The reason being is that I parse them for certain utilities, such as the game logs for the Gamecast. mysql reports don't work well with OU for this reason as well (although there are ways to work around it).

That being said, are you saying the development files are an issue on your server. I've been toying with the idea of redoing it so that there are only a few (but large) files. Haven't had a need to yet, but if the sheer # of files is causing an issue, I can look into it. If it's the volume of data, though, nothing I can do about it.

Quote:
2. You should leverage html5 browser storage to save development files. Such that when a user logs into the utility fire an ajax request to get development data for players on that user's team and store the data in html5 storage. Just a thought, it would speed up the system especially for leagues like mine with 12 seasons of dev data.
Are you saying you are seeing a performance issue with development? The online league I am a part of has 40 years of history with no issues; that being said, if any page would slow down first, it would be development. I wrote it over 7 years ago for our league who had a server that could handle it (not knowing where OU would go). That being said, if people are having issues I can look into speeding it up somehow, likely decreasing the number of files.
Old 04-22-2012, 09:08 PM   #80
Getch
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by soadeathdealer View Post
Hey Getch i need a little help .
OOTPOU Live Sim

the live sim isnt working
There is a javascript error. It can't find the javascript files

http://play2win.tuckermade.net/OOTPOU/js/replay.js

OU generates them when you click "Generate UI Files" from the Admin tab. One thing I noticed is that you named the directory storing OU "OOTPOU" which may be interfering with OU generating the files, since it will try to generate it in the same directory (note: I have seen people successfully get OU work using a directory named OOTPOU, but I strongly recommend against it).

The other possibility is that your root HTML directory setting in the Admin screen is wrong, meaning OU is generating the javascript file in the wrong location. PM me if you can't get it working.