Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Database Tools

OOTP Mods - Database Tools Do you need to take a dump? SQL gurus welcome

Old 10-11-2011, 11:21 AM   #21
Getch
All Star Reserve

The issue here was that the server was set up to use mysql to store the league reports. OU requires the logs to be physically stored on the disk so it can parse them.

There's a simple workaround which involves manually uploading the logfiles to the server in the directory OU is looking for them. We got it to work.

Last edited by Getch; 10-11-2011 at 04:28 PM.
Getch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 07:49 PM   #22
Getch
All Star Reserve

OU version 4.0.2 is released. In addition to some bug fixes with the Live Replay (of which they'll be more as I encounter the more unusual plays OOTP can throw out), this version has the new Live Sim feature.

What is it? If you are familiar with the carya viewer, it works the same way. The games are broadcast to each GM at the same time, thus everyone in the league can sit and watch the games unfold together (the current Live Sim allows the GM's to watch their games on their own time). This is usually most exciting, and highly recommended, during the playoffs.

OU obviously uses its own Live Sim viewer to display the games. Up to 4 games can be shown simultaneously, but OU allows for an unlimited number of games for each Live Sim (the GM picks which games he wants to watch). It also provides a built-in chat so the GM's can talk smack and whatnot during the broadcast. Screenshot of what it looks like:

To set it up:

1. Enable the utility from the Admin screen (one time only).
2. Upload the game logs he wants to be part of the Live Sim to the OOTPOU/liveSim/<leagueId>/ folder (the game logs are found in the <html>/game_logs directory).
3. Go to the Live Sim tab in OU
4. Set the sim parameters (By Pitch or By Play, and the delay between events), and click Enable, and you're off.
5. All other GM's can go to the Live Sim by going to the Live Sim tab in OU. The games start 20 seconds after the commish starts the live sim.

A few notes:

1. After upgrading to this version, you MUST go to the Admin tab and click "Generate UI Files". This copies some javascript files to the <webRoot>/OOTPOU directory. You may need to clear your browser cache after doing this.

2. If you have applied the previous version (4.0.1), you MUST upgrade to this patch, even if you don't care for the Live Sim. There was a bug in the prior version that accidentally left a hardcoded reference to a file on my site (getch.org). That file will change (it already has changed), meaning things will break because you're referencing a 4.0.2 version file with 4.0.1 version code.

3. You may need to add executable permissions (755) to ouLiveSim.pl, same as you did for ootpou.pl and ouReplay.pl

4. The Live Sim, with a lot of GM's, is going to hit the webserver a lot for updates. Let me know how it holds up. If it swamps the server (or it thinks it is under a DoS attack), I can rework the code some to alleviate the server load. Of course, you can also increase the delay to lessen the load. But I want to see how it works first before doing any work that may not be necessary.

Let me know how it holds up. I will fix up the Readme next to not be 3 years out of date. After that, the draft utility will get some love.
Old 10-17-2011, 12:46 AM   #23
soadeathdealer
Hall Of Famer

I did everything that was said and all but when i go to live sim i get this . any thoughts?
Attached Images

Leagues

OOTP

POTD: Vermont/Co-Commish
MTBL: League Closed
The Show: Jacksonville Bombers
RFTP : Braves/co-commish: League Closed
HRBL: Commish: League Closed

DDSPF

WWPF- Miami

CSFL- Tampa

USFL: New Orleans

DDSCF

SNCFL: Florida/ JMU

Last edited by soadeathdealer; 10-17-2011 at 12:48 AM.
soadeathdealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 09:23 AM   #24
Getch
All Star Reserve

The OOTPOU/web.zip is old; it is the one from the previous version. I double checked the OOTPOU.zip and OOTPOUPatch.zip files, and it has the right web.zip file. So it seems when you installed the patch this file was not updated.

Reinstall the patch making sure web.zip gets updated, and then go to Admin page and run Generate UI Files again (and refresh your browser's cache). This will hopefully update the javascript files to the right version.
Old 10-17-2011, 12:16 PM   #25
soadeathdealer
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getch View Post
The OOTPOU/web.zip is old; it is the one from the previous version. I double checked the OOTPOU.zip and OOTPOUPatch.zip files, and it has the right web.zip file. So it seems when you installed the patch this file was not updated.

Reinstall the patch making sure web.zip gets updated, and then go to Admin page and run Generate UI Files again (and refresh your browser's cache). This will hopefully update the javascript files to the right version.
the webs.zip file was current it just didn't override the javascript files i had to delete then then generate the UI files and now i see a game but only one of the 4 is working , shouldnt all 4 be going at the same time

Leagues

OOTP

DDSPF

WWPF- Miami

CSFL- Tampa

DDSCF

Old 10-17-2011, 12:38 PM   #26
Getch
All Star Reserve

I poked my head onto your site. The root HTML directory was "." but it should have been ".." Once I changed that and Generated the UI Files, it is working fine. I kicked off a Live Sim and it is looking good.
Old 10-17-2011, 12:46 PM   #27
soadeathdealer
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I poked my head onto your site. The root HTML directory was "." but it should have been ".." Once I changed that and Generated the UI Files, it is working fine. I kicked off a Live Sim and it is looking good.
yea i had it one dote cuz the dir i had to create for me to manual put the html logs . did u add suport for the new way the reports are done ?

Leagues

OOTP

DDSPF

WWPF- Miami

CSFL- Tampa

DDSCF

Old 10-17-2011, 01:03 PM   #28
Getch
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by soadeathdealer View Post
yea i had it one dote cuz the dir i had to create for me to manual put the html logs . did u add suport for the new way the reports are done ?
Ah, OK, I see now. The HTML root directory really needs to be correct for most things to work. I'll add the ability to override the directory for the log files in OU somewhere, hopefully tonight or tomorrow.

For those of you who may not understand what we're talking about, this all is due to the fact that he stores the HTML league reports in the MySql database. OU requires the files to exist physically on the server, so he had to create a special directory to physically store the logs. If you physically upload the HTML reports to the server (most people do), this is not an issue.
Old 10-17-2011, 01:15 PM   #29
soadeathdealer
Hall Of Famer

ok thanks, i know why it was doing that now , should have figured that out my self seeing how i had to create the dir to kinda fool the utility lol. can wait for the override so i dont have to switching back and forth thanks Getch for workin with me on this

Quote:
Ah, OK, I see now. The HTML root directory really needs to be correct for most things to work. I'll add the ability to override the directory for the log files in OU somewhere, hopefully tonight or tomorrow.

For those of you who may not understand what we're talking about, this all is due to the fact that he stores the HTML league reports in the MySql database. OU requires the files to exist physically on the server, so he had to create a special directory to physically store the logs. If you physically upload the HTML reports to the server (most people do), this is not an issue.

Leagues

OOTP

DDSPF

WWPF- Miami

CSFL- Tampa

DDSCF

Old 10-17-2011, 08:10 PM   #30
Getch
All Star Reserve

OK, 4.0.2a is out. Added the alternate MySql reports directory in the Admin console, in case you have to fake the league HTML files somewhere. Most people don't need to worry about this.

I also added a better error message to help diagnose what's going wrong if the Gamecast viewer doesn't work.

Lastly, one other "feature" I want to point out is the Donate link at the bottom of each page. OU is a lot of work. I'm not doing it for money, obviously, but nothing helps keeping me motivated to do more enhancements than a little incentive, if you know what I mean. If you do use OU, please point the link out to your fellow GM's and consider what these features mean to your league.

Last edited by Getch; 10-17-2011 at 08:20 PM.
Old 10-17-2011, 08:18 PM   #31
soadeathdealer
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
OK, 4.0.2a is out. Added the alternate MySql reports directory in the Admin console, in case you have to fake the league HTML files somewhere. Most people don't need to worry about this.

I also added a better error message to help diagnose what's going wrong if the Gamecast viewer doesn't work.

thank you man , ill be setting this up tonight

Leagues

OOTP

DDSPF

WWPF- Miami

CSFL- Tampa

DDSCF

Old 10-18-2011, 01:54 AM   #32
DigitalMikey
Minors (Single A)

I'm having a hard time getting this to work correctly. I'm using mysql to store league reports and I got the css and everything to show, however whenever I click a link or try to log in, nothing happens. It just stays on the Administration page. Any help?
DigitalMikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 10:19 AM   #33
Getch
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalMikey View Post
I'm having a hard time getting this to work correctly. I'm using mysql to store league reports and I got the css and everything to show, however whenever I click a link or try to log in, nothing happens. It just stays on the Administration page. Any help?
That means it cannot find your csv files (or at least leagues.csv). Check the "CSV directory on server" parameter. Link me to your site and I can help if you still cannot figure it out.
Old 10-18-2011, 11:58 AM   #34
DigitalMikey
Minors (Single A)

Sim Results

I got it to read the leagues csv I think but am still having problems getting the login and the rest to work. What is the best way to dump CSV's from the game to use with this utility?
Old 10-18-2011, 12:48 PM   #35
Getch
All Star Reserve

Looks like you are missing human_managers.csv? The Readme has all the csv files that are required:

divisions.csv
games.csv
games_score
human_managers
leagues
league_history
players
players_batting
players_career_batting_stats
players_career_fielding_stats
players_career_pitching_stats
player_fielding
players_game_batting
players_game_pitching
player_pitching
players_value *
sub_leagues
teams
team_relations

* = Not in Readme, but it is used

I'd set up the game to only export those csv files, and then just upload them to the server after each sim.
Old 10-18-2011, 01:26 PM   #36
DigitalMikey
Minors (Single A)

I don't have a lot of those. I am using 12 and it seems most if not all of those files you listed aren't exported.

I have players_basic.csv, leagues_basic.csv, teams_basic.csv, etc. No players_value.csv at all though.

Is this fine? I go to League Setup > Functions > Configure data export to CSV files.
Old 10-18-2011, 02:37 PM   #37
Getch
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalMikey View Post
I don't have a lot of those. I am using 12 and it seems most if not all of those files you listed aren't exported.

I have players_basic.csv, leagues_basic.csv, teams_basic.csv, etc. No players_value.csv at all though.

Is this fine? I go to League Setup > Functions > Configure data export to CSV files.
You'll need all of those listed for OU to work properly. Some (like players_value) are only used by certain utilities. Yes, Setup > Functions > Configure data export to CSV is where you need to go to make sure all of the correct csv files are created by OOTP. Then you copy them over to your webserver.

You can always export all of them if you are confused, OU only will look at the csv files it needs. It just will take up more time to upload and space on the server that needed, that's all.
Old 10-18-2011, 10:46 PM   #38
Getch
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by pallison14 View Post
This looks amazing, but I'm having problems getting it running. Specifically, I'm getting the following error when checking syntax:

Code:
Base class package "Class::Accessor" is empty.
    (Perhaps you need to 'use' the module which defines that package first.)
 at OOTPOU/Ajax.pm line 4
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at OOTPOU/Ajax.pm line 4.
Compilation failed in require at ootpou.pl line 12.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at ootpou.pl line 12.
Any thoughts? The file hierarchy appears to be correct, and I have the perl path setup.

Edit: Scratch that. My server didn't have the Perl Class::Access module installed. Leaving this post up here for those that may encounter the same problem. You'll need direct pretty substantial access to your server to fix it (SSH/Root), and here is a cheat sheet on how to get the module up and running.
I just was helping a league set up OU and they hit this as well. I went and added Accessor.pm as part of the complete OU installation. This has been packaged up into version 4.0.2b. No need to upgrade unless you are specifically hitting this issue.

Thanks for your help in diagnosing this; saved me a lot of time.
Old 10-19-2011, 11:06 PM   #39
mjdoom
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I just updated our reports and the new graph for development is having a bit of an issue with how our league does things and I'm not sure if there is a good way to deal with it. We have our actual ratings scale from 1-100 and our potential scale from 1-10. This causes the potential to get squished at the bottom of the chart.

Is there any good way to deal with this or do I just need to set them both to the same scale in the admin screen so that they both show up on the same scale?
mjdoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 11:44 PM   #40
Getch
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjdoom View Post
I just updated our reports and the new graph for development is having a bit of an issue with how our league does things and I'm not sure if there is a good way to deal with it. We have our actual ratings scale from 1-100 and our potential scale from 1-10. This causes the potential to get squished at the bottom of the chart.

Is there any good way to deal with this or do I just need to set them both to the same scale in the admin screen so that they both show up on the same scale?
Don't change the scale in the Admin, or else you'll severely mess up your development.

There's nothing currently you can really do about it. One of the enhancements I might do for that graph is allow you to specify what attributes you want to see, which would solve this. Maybe I can throw in a scaling factor too... that shouldn't be too hard.

But for now, you'll have to deal with it.