Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support Do you have a copy of OOTP Baseball 2006? Are you in need of help and assistance in running the game or do you have errors that you need help in resolving? This is your place!

Closed Thread

Old 11-20-2009, 03:13 AM   #1
Athletics17
All Star Starter

Game crashes when saving.

My game has been crashing while saving since I downloaded the recent patch. Most of the time it has been when I am exiting the game, but has happened a few times when saving while playing. It tends to happen during the closing database about 94%. It did corrupt a league of mine and I had to go through the backup to retrieve a previous save.

Any help would be great. I am afraid to save my games. I will upload the zip file of the corrupt league asap.

Old 11-20-2009, 08:25 AM   #2
SMFXR01
All Star Starter

Did you install the "patch" as a patch. Or an Uninstall/Install of the full game?

The patches should (and do) work normally, but sometimes I have seen where a seemingly corrupted patch download has possibly corrupted the game. (Sometimes it's a case of finding a solution but not worrying why it worked).

I would be inclined to download the latest full file (10.4.36) and do a complete uninstall/install (taking necessary steps if a MAC).Even if this is what you did last.
I would go as far as disabling any AV programs whilst installing (just in case).

See how it goes
Old 11-20-2009, 09:55 AM   #3
ShoelessJ03
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athletics17 View Post
My game has been crashing while saving since I downloaded the recent patch. Most of the time it has been when I am exiting the game, but has happened a few times when saving while playing. It tends to happen during the closing database about 94%. It did corrupt a league of mine and I had to go through the backup to retrieve a previous save.

Any help would be great. I am afraid to save my games. I will upload the zip file of the corrupt league asap.
I had this same exact thing happen to me. Only once though. It corrupted my league file as well and I had to retrieve my backup file I had on hand.

FWIW it crashed while exiting the game and saving, not just saving while playing.
Old 11-20-2009, 11:28 AM   #4
Athletics17
All Star Starter

I installed the game as a patch. I do have a av program that is somewhat new new to my system.I am on a pc fwiw. If i install the new patch should I download it with my av off or just install? I am weary about downloading with it off because I got hit hard with viruses a few months ago. Iam going to try the new patch, if it doesn't work I will reinstall.

Thanks for the help.

Old 11-20-2009, 01:37 PM   #5
rutri01
All Star Reserve

crashes

me too- mine game only crashed once or twice with the patch but did corrupt once. Luckily it was on my laptop and not the main file for my league. But I did restore it through a backup.
Old 11-20-2009, 05:55 PM   #6
Afino
Hall Of Famer

I've had this happen repeatedly since the release version of OOTPX. Pretty much every patch.

Never had a corrupted file result, but occasionally I will get this happening.

Old 11-21-2009, 12:53 AM   #7
Athletics17
All Star Starter

It crashed the second time I closed the game after the patch I downloaded today. I turned of my av when I installed. Maybe I have to un/reinstall. Is there anything I need to do regarding my license before I do this. Let me know. Thanks.

Old 11-23-2009, 05:47 AM   #8
SMFXR01
All Star Starter

Only if you are on a MAC.

See here.

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/joom...p-license.html
Old 12-13-2009, 09:38 PM   #9
King10Sooted
Minors (Rookie Ball)

i have this happen about 10% of the time i save. sometimes it corrupts the file, but in OOTPX it will revert back to your last good save.

This is by far the buggiest game I have ever played. I have been playing it since 2 versions ago. It is probably partly my computer, but I have more crashes and problems with this game than anything else. Somehow I still love the game lol.

Just make sure to keep a backup.
Old 01-21-2010, 02:47 PM   #10
ChuckkieB
Minors (Double A)

Whas there an official solution to this problem? This happens to me as well. The game will crash when I attempt to exit. It will NOT crash if I open the game and not advance a day. Only when at least one game is played. Occasionally, it will also crash when I attempt an in-game save. When exiting the game, the crash occurs tends when the closing database message is at 94%, just like Athletic17. Only one time was the file corrupted and the game reverted back to a previously saved backup.

I recently downloaded the game with the latest patch already included. I am running the game on a Dell Inspiron laptop with Windows Vista.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited by ChuckkieB; 01-21-2010 at 02:59 PM.
Old 01-21-2010, 08:51 PM   #11
Afino
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckkieB View Post
Whas there an official solution to this problem? This happens to me as well. The game will crash when I attempt to exit. It will NOT crash if I open the game and not advance a day. Only when at least one game is played. Occasionally, it will also crash when I attempt an in-game save. When exiting the game, the crash occurs tends when the closing database message is at 94%, just like Athletic17. Only one time was the file corrupted and the game reverted back to a previously saved backup.

I recently downloaded the game with the latest patch already included. I am running the game on a Dell Inspiron laptop with Windows Vista.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
I have the same laptop as you do.

I haven't had the crash issue in QUITE a long time (probably since the last time I posted above ) and I'm on daily auto-save and also frequently switch over to other leagues (which is when it crashes most of the time)

Old 01-27-2010, 09:11 AM   #12
ChuckkieB
Minors (Double A)

Can someone from OOTP kindly respond to this? Is there an official explanation or solution? I disabled my anti-virus software but the problem still persists. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 02-09-2010, 03:45 PM   #13
ChuckkieB
Minors (Double A)

It's been over six weeks since this issue was first posted. How long do we need to wait bedore someone from OOTP addresses this issue? I have not found an adequate solution on these boards and would really like some imput and guidance from someone on the OOTP team. Thanks.
Old 02-25-2010, 08:31 PM   #14
battists
Hall Of Famer

Chukkie (or anyone),

I am terribly sorry it's taken so long to officially reply to this thread.

Can you let me know, does everyone experience this problem with one saved game? Any saved game?

What kind of a game is it? MLB league? Historical? Fictional?

Can someone please post a copy of their league files somewhere, and we'll take a look?

Thanks,

Steve
Old 03-07-2010, 05:20 PM   #15
battists
Hall Of Famer

Since we haven't heard back from this poster in quite some time, I'm going to go ahead and close out this thread.

If you want to continue discussing this issue, please submit a ticket via our new support site.

Thanks very much!