Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Database Tools
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP Mods - Database Tools Do you need to take a dump? SQL gurus welcome

Old 10-08-2009, 06:23 PM   #41
BMW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getch View Post
I'll have to make some modifications for the next OOTP patch, so I will try to add these things as well to it. Been real busy with my newborn, sorry for the delay in response.
Getch,
If you need those files with the changes for the character conversion, send me your e-mail address. You may have to double check the changes, and it's possible it's just a less-than-optimal hack. I don't know PERL that well. But they are available if you need them.

Good luck with the newborn. My goodness, it gets easier a few months in after they start sleeping through the night. My daughter is nearly one year old now. I just bought her first baseball bat from Cooperstown this weekend.

Last edited by BMW; 10-08-2009 at 06:25 PM.
BMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 10:57 AM   #42
Getch
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by thickman1 View Post
I'm getting this error: Could not open awField0.html at OOTPOU/AWAdmin.pm line 606.

when I try to enable EOY awards voting...ideas?
Can you zip up your .csv files and send them to me or put them in a place I can download them.

awField0.html should be generated when you enable Awards voting. How many subleagues (AL, NL, etc) do you have in your league?
Getch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 11:52 AM   #43
Getch
All Star Reserve

This is a big reminder to not run OOTPOU on the new OOTP Patch (coming today or tomorrow) until you get the OU patch (should be tonight).

The ratings in the csv files have changed, meaning if you run development on the new patch with an older version of OU, things will get out of synch.

I'll post when the OU patch is ready including upgrade instructions.
Old 10-15-2009, 12:19 PM   #44
thickman1
Minors (Double A)

Does the draft utility handle an OOTP 10 draft that uses FA compensation draft picks (i.e. the supplemental picks).
thickman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 10:06 PM   #45
Getch
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by thickman1 View Post
Does the draft utility handle an OOTP 10 draft that uses FA compensation draft picks (i.e. the supplemental picks).
It can. All you have to do is modify the OOTPOU/draft/<league>/<year>/picks.txt file and insert the supplimental picks. It won't say supplemental picks in the draft selections (and the round labels will be off), but it will work. I plan on making it look nicer soon.

Unrelated, but OU Patch to work with new OOTP patch coming tomorrow.
Old 10-17-2009, 12:39 PM   #46
Getch
All Star Reserve

OOTPOU Patch 3.1.2 is out. This patch should *ONLY* be used with the new OOTP X patch 4, and likewise, any league upgrading to Patch 4 *MUST* also upgrade to 3.1.2. Markus changed the csv files in the new patch.

There are no special upgrade steps needed, just unzip the OOTPOUPatch.zip file in the cgi-bin directory and you are good to go.

I had a few minor new features, but they will have to wait a bit. Didn't want to hold up people upgrading to the new patch.
Old 10-17-2009, 03:22 PM   #47
Mike1
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
OOTPOU Patch 3.1.2 is out. This patch should *ONLY* be used with the new OOTP X patch 4, and likewise, any league upgrading to Patch 4 *MUST* also upgrade to 3.1.2. Markus changed the csv files in the new patch.

There are no special upgrade steps needed, just unzip the OOTPOUPatch.zip file in the cgi-bin directory and you are good to go.

I had a few minor new features, but they will have to wait a bit. Didn't want to hold up people upgrading to the new patch.
Thanks Getch! Had a sim last night and there were a couple discrepencies in developement that got noticed...this should take care of it.
Old 10-19-2009, 07:42 PM   #48
Troy30
Minors (Triple A)

Will there be another update from you for the newest patch ( the .30 one )

Thanks for your hard work!!
Troy30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 02:00 PM   #49
Getch
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy30 View Post
Will there be another update from you for the newest patch ( the .30 one )

Thanks for your hard work!!
There are no changes between .29 and .30 that affect OU, so you do not need a new version of OU or anything.
Old 10-24-2009, 07:33 PM   #50
Troy30
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
There are no changes between .29 and .30 that affect OU, so you do not need a new version of OU or anything.
Awesome man thanks.
Troy30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 07:28 PM   #51
gollum65
All Star Reserve

Disregard. Wrong mod...

Last edited by gollum65; 10-28-2009 at 07:54 AM.
gollum65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 02:11 PM   #52
mikev
Hall Of Famer

disregard, problems fixed now.

Last edited by mikev; 10-28-2009 at 03:50 PM.
mikev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 09:57 AM   #53
Getch
All Star Reserve

FYI, there was a typo in my code that handled changeup talent for the development report. I have fixed. You'll probably see some erroneous changeup talent in the first development sim after you take the fix.

Sorry about that, not sure how I missed it in testing.
Old 11-14-2009, 05:59 PM   #54
kq76
Global Moderator

Our timer keeps going screwy. At the moment it's saying the next pick was due before I'm pretty sure that team was even on the clock. Any ideas why or how we might fix it? On the admin page I have it set 9, 20, and 8 for 9 hours per pick (1st rd), shuts off at 20:00 (8PM using the server's mountain time), and start at 8:00 (8AM). I thought it was working right for awhile. Our commish has traded picks while the draft has been going. Would that screw it up? Anyway to fix it?

Last edited by kq76; 11-14-2009 at 06:02 PM.
kq76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 09:18 PM   #55
kq76
Global Moderator

Strange. We just had a player get picked 4 times in a row.

If I may make some suggestions for additions to the draft utility.

Record and display:
  1. the time the pick was made - this is the most important especially when the timer goes bad, this way we can figure it out ourselves from when the previous pick was made
  2. if the pick was made by running out the clock, draft list or on the clock pick - mainly for bragging rights (obviously lists are the best, OTC next and last is ran out the clock), but a league could also give some sort of bonus or penalty based on this
  3. which account (that member or an admin) made the pick - good for record purposes
  4. whether pick was by a human or AI - just interesting

There's plenty of room on the page for all of this and some of it would be quite useful or at least interesting.

Last edited by kq76; 11-14-2009 at 09:22 PM.
Old 11-17-2009, 04:47 PM   #56
Getch
All Star Reserve

I've never heard of any issue with the timer (except confusion in which timezone it runs in); the code has been the same for 2+ years. If there still is an issue, can you point me to the site?

As for the multiple player picked 4 times in a row, could you send me your csv files and OOTPOU draft directory? This is an extremely rare error that one or two other people have said has happened back in OOTP 8. I've never been able to track it down since the commishes usually fix the issue before I can get my hands on it.

Thanks.
Old 12-29-2009, 03:43 AM   #57
kq76
Global Moderator

In our Getch's Utilities and our OOTP Reports I see a form of
Code:
******** src="../scripts/sorttable.js"></script>
, but I don't actually see that folder or file in our ftp. This is something added by Getch's and not something we have to worry about, right?

EDIT: Nevermind. I ran a test and it seems to be something OOTP puts in. Why, I have no idea. I still don't see that folder/file anywhere.

Last edited by kq76; 12-29-2009 at 02:57 PM.
Old 12-31-2009, 03:51 PM   #58
Getch
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by kq76 View Post
In our Getch's Utilities and our OOTP Reports I see a form of
Code:
******** src="../scripts/sorttable.js"></script>
, but I don't actually see that folder or file in our ftp. This is something added by Getch's and not something we have to worry about, right?

EDIT: Nevermind. I ran a test and it seems to be something OOTP puts in. Why, I have no idea. I still don't see that folder/file anywhere.
It's left over from OOTP 9, or a Beta version, I forget. They used to support sorting on the HTML tables, and that was the javascript to enable it. You can ignore it, it doesnt do (or refer to) anything now.
Old 02-25-2010, 08:34 PM   #59
trendon
Minors (Double A)

If I may ask here, I am in the midst of conducting my league's (16 teams) inaugural draft of 120 rounds. I am currently entering the picks into OOTP manually and, boy, is it laborious. That said, I've three questions.

1. Is there a way to import the final draft results from the draft utility into the game?

2. If so, there was one other problem. The utility listed all of the college and high school kids as draft eligible even if the game did not. No matter, I allowed it to continue and I am simply drafting a crappy old player in that draftee's stead, editing him onto the free agent market, locating the actual pick, and editing him on to the appropriate team.

However, if the answer to #1 is "yes," will the problem I am having in #2 cause any issues.

3. If #1 is "yes," does it matter that I've already begun entering picks?

Thanks in advance!
trendon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 10:25 PM   #60
Getch
All Star Reserve

Unfortunately, the game does not support importing of picks. I've asked for it, but it is up to Markus to implement it.

As for college/high school eligibility, make sure you set the minimum age requirements for each feeder league in the admin page.