Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support Do you have a copy of OOTP Baseball 2006? Are you in need of help and assistance in running the game or do you have errors that you need help in resolving? This is your place!

Closed Thread

Old 07-04-2009, 02:22 AM   #1
old timer
Hall Of Famer

BZ 3434: "Allow FA from other leagues" doesn't work correctly

If you deselect this and have players become free agents who were initially drafted in another league or never drafted at all, they will NOT be available to sign by any team in the league in which they had just been playing.

For example, Brady Garrison pitched for my Milwaukee team in the league "MLB", but was initially drafted in the league "UA". Since I didn't want free agents from the UA entering into MLB anymore, I deselected the aforementioned option. Even though Garrison had been pitching in the MLB league for many years, he can't be signed by any team in it.

The players that used to be in the UA, but who are now in MLB got there because I initially allowed free agents from other leagues to enter MLB, but now no longer desire that. These players now in some sense, belong to MLB and not their initial league (the UA) and consequently should be signable in MLB. Actually, some of these players were never a part of another league - they went undrafted and became free agents and now are unsignable in this league just like the UA drafted players.

I've got 42 players (some of them elite players) who can't play anywhere (the UA is now defunct) unless I change the setting back and allow in the other league's free agents again.

It would be nice if there were at least a warning on certain options like this, explaining possible consequences.

Last edited by old timer; 07-04-2009 at 02:25 AM.
Old 07-23-2009, 11:56 PM   #2
battists
Hall Of Famer

Old Timer,

This is certainly not the way that setting is intended to work. I have logged this as issue # 3434, and will ask Markus to take a look at the problem.

Thanks very much,

Steve
Old 09-08-2009, 09:35 PM   #3
battists
Hall Of Famer

This has been reported as fixed in the next patch, although it has not yet been verified by a tester...

Steve
Old 03-02-2010, 05:47 PM   #4
old timer
Hall Of Famer

I can confirm this is now working properly in the league where it formerly wasn't.
Closed Thread