Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support > Earlier versions of OOTP: Closed or Claim Fixed

Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2009, 01:23 AM   #1
Syd Thrift
Hall Of Famer

All-Star Game crash

So I appear to have screwed over Thriftlon Jr.

Last week, my computer decided to load a Windows update overnight when I had OOTP loaded up and a day half-played through. Obviously, this unloaded the game, and when I came back into it, it showed all the signs of an OOTP session that crashed mid-day: pitchers who'd thrown in unsaved games had pitches thrown in their "Today" row, injuries showed up in the injury log but didn't correspond to real life, and so on. I just said "screw it" and simmed the day out.

This was the last Sunday before the All-Star break (which is why it had been left half-done) and I was able to get to and through the game just fine. However, upon exiting I got an error box saying "STARTER NOT FOUND" and an option to click "OK"; however, all clicking OK did was pull up another "STARTER NOT FOUND" error box. After 4 or 5 of these, the game crashed.

Or should I say "crashes". I tried quick-simming through the All-Star Game and it still had this issue. There really aren't a lot of other things I can see doing. Basically, the game finishes the All-Star Game and then when I try to go to the next day, it dies. I just realized one thing... the "STARTER NOT FOUND" error could pertain to the single level of minors I have. Trying that now... nope, still not working (although I noticed that one team's affiliate had like 19 of its 22 pitchers out with an injury).

So is my game totally dead? Or is there a fix or workaround?
Attached Images
The Great American Baseball Thrift Book - Like reading the Sporting News from back in the day, only with fake players. REAL LIFE DRAMA THOUGH maybe not
Old 02-17-2009, 03:41 PM   #2
Syd Thrift
Hall Of Famer

bump
The Great American Baseball Thrift Book - Like reading the Sporting News from back in the day, only with fake players. REAL LIFE DRAMA THOUGH maybe not
Old 02-17-2009, 06:11 PM   #3
Nutlaw
Hall Of Famer

Yeah, this sounds really bad. Shutting down the game while saving will cause irreparable damage. Unless you have a backup of the league, I don't know what to suggest.
Old 02-17-2009, 09:53 PM   #4
Syd Thrift
Hall Of Famer

I never shut down the game while saving. The computer system shut the game down while I had played out half the games on the current day but not the other half (I play them all out). I've had *that* happen in the past without incident but noted it because it might be important.
Old 02-18-2009, 06:28 PM   #5
Nutlaw
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syd Thrift View Post
I never shut down the game while saving. The computer system shut the game down while I had played out half the games on the current day but not the other half (I play them all out). I've had *that* happen in the past without incident but noted it because it might be important.
Had you saved the game after simming out your most recent game but before the computer crashed?

Regardless, it sounds as if your .dat files are corrupted in some way. You can try making a backup of your league files, then go in and start deleting leagues one at a time to see if one of them in particular might be causing an error. That would at least narrow down the problem.
Old 03-02-2009, 10:51 AM   #6
Nutlaw
Hall Of Famer

As the original poster has not responded to this thread in five days, this thread will be closed for housekeeping reasons. If you need any further assistance with this matter whatsoever, please don't hesitate to post a link to this thread in Tech Support and we will be happy to continue to help you. Thanks.
Closed Thread