Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Database Tools
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP Mods - Database Tools Do you need to take a dump? SQL gurus welcome

Old 07-19-2008, 07:10 AM   #21
tysok
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Costello View Post
Hi, I'm using Open Office Base to open the file and I don't get the option to look at the help file. (Of course this is my first time using this program, so I might be missing it somewhere).

Any chance you can make the help file available separately or point me in the right direction?

Thanks
You should get the Main Switchboard (blue window) pop up when you open it. The bottom option, "View the help file" is the "help file". If you don't see that, maybe try going to the list of Forms and open "Switchboard".

If you can't open the switchboard it's going to be a monster PITA to use.

It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.

I firmly believe that any man's finest hour... is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious. (Vince Lombardi)

I don't measure a man's success by how high he climbs but how high he bounces when he hits bottom. (George S. Patton)
tysok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 03:10 PM   #22
Craig Costello
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tysok View Post
You should get the Main Switchboard (blue window) pop up when you open it. The bottom option, "View the help file" is the "help file". If you don't see that, maybe try going to the list of Forms and open "Switchboard".

If you can't open the switchboard it's going to be a monster PITA to use.
Hmm. No switchboard opens when I open the database. I see a table called "Switchboard Items", but no forms at all.

Maybe it 's just Open Office that doesn't like it.
Craig Costello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 05:25 PM   #23
tysok
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Costello View Post
Hmm. No switchboard opens when I open the database. I see a table called "Switchboard Items", but no forms at all.

Maybe it 's just Open Office that doesn't like it.
I've never seen or used Open Office. This has 40+ forms to it, even more queries and tables etc. If you don't have any forms at all, it must not work or something got screwed up somewhere.

I firmly believe that any man's finest hour... is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious. (Vince Lombardi)

I don't measure a man's success by how high he climbs but how high he bounces when he hits bottom. (George S. Patton)
Old 08-10-2008, 11:38 PM   #24
szathkey
Minors (Double A)

Ok, so first of all this is absolutely my favorite mod of all time...

Unfortunately I seem to run into a lot of problems and am in constant need of help.

So I started in 1871 and just reached 1881. When I calculate the Win Shares for the season all of a sudden the database goes crazy and thinks that there are like 100 of each person (roughly 100 Cap Ansons, 100 King Kellys, etc) and I end up with each person being credited with thousands of win shares (because its adding them all up I think)

Any thoughts? Its been working great up until now!
szathkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 11:46 PM   #25
szathkey
Minors (Double A)

Nevermind - erased all data and got it to work...who knows what I did?
szathkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 12:05 PM   #26
nymets3000
Minors (Double A)

This is probably a terrible question, but how do you save it? I can't find a save option and everytime I reopen it I have to do everything all over again.
nymets3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 07:46 PM   #27
tysok
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nymets3000 View Post
This is probably a terrible question, but how do you save it? I can't find a save option and everytime I reopen it I have to do everything all over again.
That's odd. There isn't any save... once it goes through all the queries it's all written into the tables. Only thing I can think of is maybe you don't have all the csv files it needs, and the missing one is keeping the data from getting written.

Old 11-18-2008, 10:40 AM   #28
Isura
Major Leagues

Does it work for retired players? I simmed ahead 15 years, but didn't do the csv dumps annually.
Isura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 12:01 AM   #29
Mike D
Hall Of Famer

Do you mean can you dump the info in say 2020 after starting in 2005 and it'll have all the retired players? I believe the answer is yes, but I haven't messed with this in a while. It is fantastic though.
Old 11-20-2008, 01:59 AM   #30
Isura
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike D View Post
Do you mean can you dump the info in say 2020 after starting in 2005 and it'll have all the retired players? I believe the answer is yes, but I haven't messed with this in a while. It is fantastic though.
Yes exactly. I wish to run the program on all retired players.
Isura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 09:43 AM   #31
falkonisback
All Star Reserve

Yes, when exporting to CSV files, the database will import ALL players, retired and active.
falkonisback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 09:53 AM   #32
koohead
Hall Of Famer

How I use this tool (plus 1 question

Just wanted to hop in here and and comment on how much this tool has helped my universe in terms of selecting players for the HOF. I don't use Win Shares, but instead rely on the 4 other measurements...HOF Monitor, Standard, and 2 Ink scores.
My general criteria is a player must meet the qualifying standard in 3 of the 4 to be eligible for the Hall. Only exception to that rule is if they have a HOF Monitor score greater than 130...in that case any other 1 qualifying metric will get them into the Hall. The metrics used are what Tysok had suggested:
HOF Monitor: 100
HOF Standard: 50
Black Ink: 40
Gray Ink: 185

So for example, in 18 years of my universe, I've only had 2 batters and 3 pitchers qualify based on the 3 out of 4 requirement, while 6 batters and 5 pitchers total have been inducted using the 130 plus 1 measuring stick. There are a couple players on the bubble, and I would love to induct them, but I'm holding firm to my rules and they'll have to hope for a Veterens committee in 40-50 years.

Here's my question though. I currently induct players the year they retire. Does anyone know if their measurements could possibly change over time? Is there a reason if I'm using this tool to wait 5 years? or will a HOF Standard score of 65 today always be 65 even 100 years from now?
Old 12-01-2008, 11:52 PM   #33
tysok
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by koohead View Post
Here's my question though. I currently induct players the year they retire. Does anyone know if their measurements could possibly change over time? Is there a reason if I'm using this tool to wait 5 years? or will a HOF Standard score of 65 today always be 65 even 100 years from now?
I don't believe those numbers change once the player retires. If I remember them well they're based on set numbers the player put up and are not compared to league averages or any other players.

Old 12-03-2008, 09:36 AM   #34
koohead
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tysok View Post
I don't believe those numbers change once the player retires. If I remember them well they're based on set numbers the player put up and are not compared to league averages or any other players.
good to know. thanks!
Old 12-11-2008, 11:34 PM   #35
Renner
Major Leagues

This is a great utility ! Thanks Tysok !
Old 12-19-2008, 09:01 AM   #36
falkonisback
All Star Reserve

Quote:
I actually added a few bells and whistles myself. Once i import all of my csv files I have a couple of forms (View Eligible Batters/View Eligible Pitchers) and it shows me a list of players eligible for the HOF that have to have a certain amount of PA's or IP and has to be retired at least 5 years. Unless this utility ever becomes completely unusable, I'll never go back to allowing OOTP to select my HOFers for me. Thanks Tysok!!!!
Old 12-20-2008, 08:45 AM   #37
Tony M
Global Moderator

Quote:
Based on the current calculations, yes, but standards will undoubtedly vary over time.

For example, pitching

Pitching Statistics
One point for each 10 wins over 100, limit 25.
One point for each 20 games over .500, limit 10.
For each of the following a minimum of 500 innings is required before these points are added.
One point for each .013 of winning percentage above .500, limit 15.
One point for each .20 of ERA below 4.00, limit 10.
One point for each 200 strikeouts over 1000, limit 10.
One point for each .30 of BB/9IP below 4.00, limit 10.
One point for each .30 of H/9IP below 10.00, limit 10.
One point for each 1000 innings above 1000, limit 5.
One point for each 100 complete games above 200, limit 5.
One point for each 30 shutouts, limit 5.

A top player now might be able to get 20 in the first category, but in the 1920s a lot of players would be getting the top 25 marks available.
Tony M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 02:05 PM   #38
koohead
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony M View Post
Based on the current calculations, yes, but standards will undoubtedly vary over time.

For example, pitching

Pitching Statistics
One point for each 10 wins over 100, limit 25.
One point for each 20 games over .500, limit 10.
For each of the following a minimum of 500 innings is required before these points are added.
One point for each .013 of winning percentage above .500, limit 15.
One point for each .20 of ERA below 4.00, limit 10.
One point for each 200 strikeouts over 1000, limit 10.
One point for each .30 of BB/9IP below 4.00, limit 10.
One point for each .30 of H/9IP below 10.00, limit 10.
One point for each 1000 innings above 1000, limit 5.
One point for each 100 complete games above 200, limit 5.
One point for each 30 shutouts, limit 5.

A top player now might be able to get 20 in the first category, but in the 1920s a lot of players would be getting the top 25 marks available.
If I changed ERA settings though right? if I left my league totals and ERA modifiers the same for 100 years, the standards wouldn't change I assume.
Old 05-05-2010, 12:58 PM   #39
falkonisback
All Star Reserve

Tysok, are you planning on getting this database to work with OOTP 11? Its my annual thread asking this
Old 05-05-2010, 06:37 PM   #40
koohead
Hall Of Famer

yes please. I loved this utility and have wallowed in sorrow ever since it stopped working for me after the last OOTPX patch.