Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Logos, Graphics, and HTML

Old 04-12-2007, 11:06 AM   #41
dvm3
Bat Boy

MidKnight,
WOW!! I've never been into fictional leagues but I can definitely see myself using this. Thanks for all the work you've put into this!

Will you be adding financials (market size, budget, etc.) for the major league teams? I added them in myself but I'm sure others would appreciate it if you're planning another version.
dvm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 06:30 PM   #42
ifspuds
Hall Of Famer

Glad to see another version of this, MidKnight. A couple comments, just from setting things up:

1. Wow, this is SOOOO much easier than last year. Woohoo!

2. I'm sure this was utterly unintentional, but I have a hard time suspending my disbelief that a team in Japan would have the nickname Atomics.

3. You have two teams in Spokane, Washington. One in AA, one in the Rookie League.

4. Poza Rica doesn't seem to have the right logo. When loading the file named Poza_Rica etc., it's the Falcons logo.

Other than that, I'm really looking forward to playing around with this when I get a couple spare moments.
Old 04-13-2007, 10:52 AM   #43
Cardinal Rule
All Star Starter

MidKnight - great work!

To add to ifspuds notes, I also think that the Altoona Kodiaks jersey has the wrong logo on it.

And, I was mildly amused to see the San Diego Atlantics - I think it's quite funny to think a baseball club would name their team after an ocean an entire continent away rather than the ocean that crashes on their own beaches

Again, thanks for all your efforts and know that we appreciate this - I look forward to having some fun with this league.
Old 04-13-2007, 09:44 PM   #44
painey
Minors (Rookie Ball)

hey I downloaded this and started a game, but i have come across a problem.. basically there arent enough good players in the league. My team was only around 17 people big including 5 starters and my choices were very limited. I played a game, 3rd pitcher v 3rd pitcher and there were 11 runs in the first 3 innings. I had players who were 20 years old with 1 speed and 1 steal, players with 3 for eye and 1 for power. Basically these guys arent even close to be good enough for a major league. Now did I do something wrong or is this purely because they are random players?
painey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 10:14 PM   #45
MidKnight
Major Leagues

Sorry for the late responses, guys...I should have a small update done over the weekend to correct some errors. I was hoping to add feeder leagues to the template, but after many hours of experimentation have found them to be largely broken. Oh well...

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottrleo1 View Post
I followed all of your instructions. I went into the game to assign the caps. If I click on any team in the dropdown the game just exits. Anybody else seen this since the patch?

Check that..I do anything and it crashes out of the game. No error..just exits.
Can't help you there. I thought it might be a post-patch issue with the dat files, but I'm running the newest version of the game, restarted everything and haven't had a problem. Tried it a couple times and no issues. If anyone else has any issues, let me know, maybe we can figure this out...

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottrleo1 View Post
If I don't copy over those dat files, will your universe still work?
Yes. The dat files assign the teams to their proper ballparks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiggans1 View Post
I downloaded it. It is in my World template file, but I can't open it. My message says windows can not open an RAR file. The template shows up in my directory in World Templates but not when I load the game and try to load a world template. The only thing that shows up when I load the game and clik on load world template is "Template One WPT"

What is an RAR file and how do I get it to work.
Wiggans
A RAR file is a compressed file like a ZIP file. You need to extract that to a folder and then follow the instructions. It can be downloaded from http://www.rarlab.com/ for free. There should be some tutorials online.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvm3 View Post
MidKnight,
WOW!! I've never been into fictional leagues but I can definitely see myself using this. Thanks for all the work you've put into this!

Will you be adding financials (market size, budget, etc.) for the major league teams? I added them in myself but I'm sure others would appreciate it if you're planning another version.
Hmm, I thought the game ends up "figuring them out" on its own? I'm about halfway through my first season and every team has their own market size and budget which are different from the others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifspuds View Post
Glad to see another version of this, MidKnight. A couple comments, just from setting things up:

1. Wow, this is SOOOO much easier than last year. Woohoo!

2. I'm sure this was utterly unintentional, but I have a hard time suspending my disbelief that a team in Japan would have the nickname Atomics.

3. You have two teams in Spokane, Washington. One in AA, one in the Rookie League.

4. Poza Rica doesn't seem to have the right logo. When loading the file named Poza_Rica etc., it's the Falcons logo.

Other than that, I'm really looking forward to playing around with this when I get a couple spare moments.
Thanks for the team updates. I didn't even think of the Japanese team named the Atomics (eesh, whoops). I'll see if I can fix this over the weekend, in addition to the logo fixes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardinal Rule View Post
MidKnight - great work!

To add to ifspuds notes, I also think that the Altoona Kodiaks jersey has the wrong logo on it.

And, I was mildly amused to see the San Diego Atlantics - I think it's quite funny to think a baseball club would name their team after an ocean an entire continent away rather than the ocean that crashes on their own beaches

Again, thanks for all your efforts and know that we appreciate this - I look forward to having some fun with this league.
Whoops! I'll fix Altoona in the update, too. Good catch, I didn't even notice it. Yeah, I'm just mentally associating Atlantics with "large body of water" and not the ocean in particular, heh. Would be nice to change it, but I've grown fond of the team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by painey View Post
hey I downloaded this and started a game, but i have come across a problem.. basically there arent enough good players in the league. My team was only around 17 people big including 5 starters and my choices were very limited. I played a game, 3rd pitcher v 3rd pitcher and there were 11 runs in the first 3 innings. I had players who were 20 years old with 1 speed and 1 steal, players with 3 for eye and 1 for power. Basically these guys arent even close to be good enough for a major league. Now did I do something wrong or is this purely because they are random players?
Not sure what would be causing this. I've run a bunch of simulations and haven't seen it. Additionally, I've been playing out a season and talent has been normal. Sorry...again, if anyone else comes across the problem let me know as I can't do much if I can't duplicate it.
MidKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 10:51 PM   #46
painey
Minors (Rookie Ball)

i just realised i set the year to 2007 which made me 106 years old.. maybe the year is the reason for lack of talent?
painey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 09:36 PM   #47
MidKnight
Major Leagues

Sorry for the delay. I've corrected the logo/jersey problems and changed Uji's nickname/logo/etc to Sharks. Working on adding college and high school feeder teams now. They'll all have their own colors, uni's, etc but all the stadiums will likely share the same picture.
Old 04-26-2007, 07:55 PM   #48
MidKnight
Major Leagues

dola,

All high school and college teams are now in place. They generate about 400 players per draft (seen it from about 385-415). All uniforms, team colors, ballcaps, etc are set. The big thing I have left is to reassign ballparks to every team, and then run a last simulation. I've also made some other minor corrections; lowered the japanese pitching talent slightly, added more facegen backgrounds, couple other minor things. I'm pretty horrible at deadlines, but hopefully within two days or so things will be good for the second version.
Old 04-27-2007, 12:58 PM   #49
ashantewarrier
Hall Of Famer

Can't wait to see the final version! Your efforts are appreciated MidKnight!
-Jackie Robinson, #42 Brooklyn Dodgers

"Hitting is better than sex." - Reggie Jackson
ashantewarrier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 05:37 PM   #50
GoHokiesTJH
Bat Boy

How do I go about using this? Is there a file I put it in?
GoHokiesTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 06:48 PM   #51
MidKnight
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHokiesTJH View Post
How do I go about using this? Is there a file I put it in?
There are instructions in the readme that is included. You'll need the free application WinRAR to decompress the files (though I think WinZip might work, as well). From there, there's a bunch of folders and instructions on how to go about using the files.
Old 04-27-2007, 07:01 PM   #52
ashantewarrier
Hall Of Famer

Have you released your latest version yet?

Old 04-27-2007, 07:02 PM   #53
MidKnight
Major Leagues

Not yet. I just ran a 99 year sim and everything looks good...hopefully I'll have everything ready to go either later tonight or early tomorrow. Will keep you all posted.
Old 04-28-2007, 07:20 PM   #54
ashantewarrier
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidKnight View Post
Not yet. I just ran a 99 year sim and everything looks good...hopefully I'll have everything ready to go either later tonight or early tomorrow. Will keep you all posted.
Hey Midknight where's the mod?

Old 04-29-2007, 07:21 PM   #55
MidKnight
Major Leagues

Right here!
http://rapidshare.com/files/28630165/FUiaBv2.rar.html

Sorry about the delay. Good friend of mine turned 21 yesterday, and well, festivities started a bit earlier than I thought they would.

In any case, I'll email PadresFan and see if he can replace the old one on his site, but the RS link should do fine for now.
Old 04-29-2007, 07:42 PM   #56
ashantewarrier
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidKnight View Post
Right here!
http://rapidshare.com/files/28630165/FUiaBv2.rar.html

Sorry about the delay. Good friend of mine turned 21 yesterday, and well, festivities started a bit earlier than I thought they would.

In any case, I'll email PadresFan and see if he can replace the old one on his site, but the RS link should do fine for now.
21 sheesh that's young! I remember when I was that age... TWENTY ONE YEARS AGO!!!

Hey but it's all good! I do understand...!

Thanks for the mod!

Last edited by ashantewarrier; 04-29-2007 at 07:44 PM.
Old 07-06-2007, 03:42 AM   #57
soxman
Minors (Triple A)

Does anybody else have any problem with the stadiums not showing up?

I've created a league 3 times using this template, following the instruction to close the game after league creation, copying the dats, and then reopening the game but to no avail.

As the ballparks are named numerically is there a list available of how the could be assigned manually?

Many Thanks
soxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 05:10 AM   #58
Qrusher14242
All Star Starter

i believe you have to put in filename for the stadiums photos manually, but seems like a lot of work. I thought it would show up automatically, cause he doesnt mention it in the FAQ. I also dont know which ballpark is which lol so i cant really assign them manually
Old 12-19-2007, 06:23 PM   #59
The_Offspring187
Major Leagues

Thanks a million for this. This is something I was looking for, as I was having some freezing issues when trying to import my OOTP2006 league with 100+ year history into OOTP8. Greatly appreciate your work on this. I'm about to give it a try now.
The_Offspring187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 06:46 PM   #60
The_Offspring187
Major Leagues

I followed the instructions but it doesn't seem to find the world template. I'm using the OOTP8 demo by the way. I tried moving the template around to different folders but it still doesn't find the file.
The_Offspring187 is offline   Reply With Quote