Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Logos, Graphics, and HTML
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-31-2007, 11:05 PM   #21
MidKnight
Major Leagues

Sweet! I'm happy so many people are looking forward to this. Well, you won't have to wait too much longer...

I'm running one last quick and dirty simulation on my machine. I'll cut it off in about half an hour or so. I ran a 100 year sim prior to adding the international leagues, so I just want to check to make sure the japanese league talent isn't too high/low.

In any case, everything is done and all RAR'd up - - the file clocks in at a hefty 37MB. The readme is done and I did a quick run-through and everything checks out. I'll upload it on one of those file upload sites within the hour if this simulation checks out. After that, PadresFan, if you could host it, that'd be amazing!

In any case, I'll post the link when I get it uploaded. I've been trying to get my ideal league going since OOTP5, and I'm glad to say that with 2007 I think I've finally gotten about as close as I'm going to get.
MidKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 11:12 PM   #22
Claymore
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidKnight View Post
Sweet! I'm happy so many people are looking forward to this. Well, you won't have to wait too much longer...

I'm running one last quick and dirty simulation on my machine. I'll cut it off in about half an hour or so. I ran a 100 year sim prior to adding the international leagues, so I just want to check to make sure the japanese league talent isn't too high/low.

In any case, everything is done and all RAR'd up - - the file clocks in at a hefty 37MB. The readme is done and I did a quick run-through and everything checks out. I'll upload it on one of those file upload sites within the hour if this simulation checks out. After that, PadresFan, if you could host it, that'd be amazing!

In any case, I'll post the link when I get it uploaded. I've been trying to get my ideal league going since OOTP5, and I'm glad to say that with 2007 I think I've finally gotten about as close as I'm going to get.
Sounds cool, I'd probably suggest Rapidshare, unless you have an account with another service, they take files up to 100 megs and will keep it on their servers for 45 days (more than enough time for Padresfan to grab )
Claymore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 12:12 AM   #23
MidKnight
Major Leagues

Rapidshare it is! The download link is as follows:
http://rapidshare.com/files/23758030..._v1.0.rar.html

Feel free to re-host, etc. Let me know if there are any glaring bugs or problems by either shooting me a PM, posting in this thread, or emailing me (address included in the readme). I'm still not positive about the international equivilancies, but they're looking better. I'm running a 100 year sim overnight and will make further adjustments from there if need be.

Aside from that...enjoy!
Old 04-01-2007, 12:17 AM   #24
Claymore
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Rapidshare it is! The download link is as follows:
http://rapidshare.com/files/23758030..._v1.0.rar.html

Feel free to re-host, etc. Let me know if there are any glaring bugs or problems by either shooting me a PM, posting in this thread, or emailing me (address included in the readme). I'm still not positive about the international equivilancies, but they're looking better. I'm running a 100 year sim overnight and will make further adjustments from there if need be.

Aside from that...enjoy!

Downloading now, will run a trial sim tonight for you and try to let you know what i see...
Old 04-01-2007, 12:26 AM   #25
MidKnight
Major Leagues

Thanks. Let me know how it turns out. I ran the 100 year sim early on (included some of the results in the readme), and I think the only game-altering things I changed after that were adding the international leagues, but I'm not 100% certain. My new 100-year sim is up to 11 years as of now...

In any case, the template is set up like this:
* Major League (16 teams, 2 sub leagues, 2 divisions of 4 teams each)
- 5 levels of minors
* Japanese Baseball League (12 teams, 2 sub leagues, 1 division of 6 teams each)
* Mexican Baseball League (12 teams, 2 sub leagues, 1 division of 6 teams each)

162 game season, non-balanced schedule, no interleague.

VORP requirements were changed to 800 for hall of fame entry. International leagues can enter free agency after 7 years. Playoffs in the ML and minors are a championship league followed by the world series. Park factors were all randomly assigned through the game. City locations are mostly from last year's template. The East and West designation for divisions in the minors and international leagues doesn't actually mean much - - I don't know where half the cities are actually located. It's okay for the major league teams, though. The year defaults to 1900, but with modern-day totals.
Old 04-01-2007, 12:29 AM   #26
JoeRockHead
Major Leagues

Thanks, downloading now as well!
Old 04-01-2007, 12:53 AM   #27
MidnightPyro
Minors (Triple A)

Downloaded, looks great. I'll definatly be using this for a dynasty I'll be doing. Stay tuned on that

I really appreciate your efforts. I've been struggling all week to make a decent fictional league setup (and that was just the majors!) but this really makes my day. I can finally play the game instead of worrying about setting up all the logos and stuff. Great job

Will you be making a 24 or 32 team template? That way if I ever wanted to do an expansion draft, it'd just be a matter of adding in those images/minor league affiliates...

Thanks again!

MidnightPyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 12:59 AM   #28
PadresFan
All Star Starter

Will post this shortly..
PadresFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 01:01 AM   #29
MidKnight
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightPyro View Post
Downloaded, looks great. I'll definatly be using this for a dynasty I'll be doing. Stay tuned on that

I really appreciate your efforts. I've been struggling all week to make a decent fictional league setup (and that was just the majors!) but this really makes my day. I can finally play the game instead of worrying about setting up all the logos and stuff. Great job

Will you be making a 24 or 32 team template? That way if I ever wanted to do an expansion draft, it'd just be a matter of adding in those images/minor league affiliates...

Thanks again!
Thanks! I'm definitely considering it (I'll eventually be expanding in my own game), but I don't have a timetable for it yet. Conventiently, OOTP released right before my week-long spring break, which is how I got all of this done. I intend to work on it when I get a chance, but not sure when that will be with class, work, and all.
Old 04-01-2007, 01:42 AM   #30
Claymore
All Star Reserve

Couple of quick FAQ comments:

Quote:
2) World Template
Within the "template" folder you extracted is a file called "Fictional Universe in a Box v1.0.wtp". Copy this, and paste it in your OOTP world template folder, which by default is located in the following place: "My Documents\Sports Interactive\OOTP Baseball 2007\data\world_templates\".
This folder won't appear unless you have previously created a World Template, so you might need to create the folder.

Quote:
4) Start OOTP, Assign Hats
Start up OOTP 2007. Everything should be in place except for one last thing. Unfortunately, while OOTP will by default copy over the logos that you had placed in the universal folder, it will not do so for ballcaps until you do one minor thing. Go to a team (any team), and go to "Home", and then "Options & Ballparks" in the upper left corner. Then click "Edit team colors, logos and uniforms". You can then close the window you just opened without making any changes whatsoever. You will need to do this for every team in every league. That is, if you use FaceGen for all those teams. Why? If you don't, the hats of each team will use random colors and their main logo instead of pulling the correct ballcap which you copied over. It's an annoying nitpick, and it'll take about 10 minutes to do it for every team. I suspect this will be corrected in a patch at some point, but for now it'll take you a small bit of time if you want all the hats intact.
This kind of sucks. Im soooo glad you posted how to do this. Just as an FYI, the Major Leagues and the Japanese Leagues came through fine, but several Mexican league Teams have generic logos. Not sure if this was intended or not, just wanted you to know...

I have one quick question on using templates (this is my first time playing with them). Can I use your template to set up a league starting in 1900, with fewer leagues, then add them from the template later? For example, if I want to sim from 1900 to 1950 without the Japanese leagues, can I easily add the league in 1951? How would I go about importing your Japanese league at that time?

Thanks so much again!
Old 04-01-2007, 01:56 AM   #31
Claymore
All Star Reserve

Another update,

During my Test Sim, I'm noticing modern day stats for the year 1900. For example, in July I'm seeing players with 30 Home Runs and 23 saves. Have I perhaps set something up incorrectly?
Old 04-01-2007, 01:57 AM   #32
MidKnight
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
Couple of quick FAQ comments:

This folder won't appear unless you have previously created a World Template, so you might need to create the folder.
Thanks for the heads up. Will include that in the readme when it's updated.

Quote:
This kind of sucks. Im soooo glad you posted how to do this. Just as an FYI, the Major Leagues and the Japanese Leagues came through fine, but several Mexican league Teams have generic logos. Not sure if this was intended or not, just wanted you to know...
Yeah, the hat thing is annoying but I'll see if I can raise someone's attention to get it fixed. I double checked on the Mexican league problem and can't find anything. What sort of rig are you running? I have a feeling it might be the special characters for some of the Mexican city names if you're on an earlier version of Windows or a Mac. If not...I'll have too what I can figure out. A very minor bug I just found is that the abbreviation for Detroit is wrong (it's MIA). Pretty easy to fix, though.

Quote:
I have one quick question on using templates (this is my first time playing with them). Can I use your template to set up a league starting in 1900, with fewer leagues, then add them from the template later? For example, if I want to sim from 1900 to 1950 without the Japanese leagues, can I easily add the league in 1951? How would I go about importing your Japanese league at that time?
I'm not sure, actually. I haven't tried adding in a league or even adding teams yet. I have the feeling you'll need to do it by hand, but I'll check it out to be sure.
Old 04-01-2007, 01:58 AM   #33
MidKnight
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
Another update,

During my Test Sim, I'm noticing modern day stats for the year 1900. For example, in July I'm seeing players with 30 Home Runs and 23 saves. Have I perhaps set something up incorrectly?
Actually, I set it up like that intentionally - - it all defaults to modern stats. There's an option somewhere in league creation (under Rules or Options, I think) that you can set that will allow you to automatically adjust the totals for the year. Not sure why I chose 1900 to start it, seemed like a nice round number.
Old 04-01-2007, 02:03 AM   #34
Claymore
All Star Reserve

Quote:

Yeah, the hat thing is annoying but I'll see if I can raise someone's attention to get it fixed. I double checked on the Mexican league problem and can't find anything. What sort of rig are you running? I have a feeling it might be the special characters for some of the Mexican city names if you're on an earlier version of Windows or a Mac. If not...I'll have too what I can figure out. A very minor bug I just found is that the abbreviation for Detroit is wrong (it's MIA). Pretty easy to fix, though.

I'm running on a Mac, nd I just checked, it is the Lynx and the Lightning, the only two teams with accents on the letters, which is aparently causing the problem

Least I figured it out...
Old 04-01-2007, 02:07 AM   #35
Claymore
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Actually, I set it up like that intentionally - - it all defaults to modern stats. There's an option somewhere in league creation (under Rules or Options, I think) that you can set that will allow you to automatically adjust the totals for the year. Not sure why I chose 1900 to start it, seemed like a nice round number.
Another odd thing, I'd not sure if it is the Template or OOTP, but when I auto-sim, I only see the NL standing progress, not the AL (I do get both leader boards however). Dont' know why that is.

I'll re-run it at let you know, by the Way San Jose swept the 1900 World Series.
Old 04-10-2007, 10:42 AM   #36
scottrleo1
Minors (Single A)

Ok so this is odd..

I followed all of your instructions. I went into the game to assign the caps. If I click on any team in the dropdown the game just exits. Anybody else seen this since the patch?

Check that..I do anything and it crashes out of the game. No error..just exits.

Last edited by scottrleo1; 04-10-2007 at 10:43 AM.
scottrleo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 01:43 PM   #37
MidKnight
Major Leagues

Oi...I'll check on this later today. My guess is it has something to do with the DAT files, but I won't know for sure until I can mess around with it.
Old 04-11-2007, 12:53 PM   #38
scottrleo1
Minors (Single A)

Thanks..

Quote:
Oi...I'll check on this later today. My guess is it has something to do with the DAT files, but I won't know for sure until I can mess around with it.
If I don't copy over those dat files, will your universe still work?
scottrleo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 12:32 AM   #39
wiggins
All Star Reserve

Template

I downloaded it. It is in my World template file, but I can't open it. My message says windows can not open an RAR file. The template shows up in my directory in World Templates but not when I load the game and try to load a world template. The only thing that shows up when I load the game and clik on load world template is "Template One WPT"

What is an RAR file and how do I get it to work.
Wiggans
wiggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 10:18 AM   #40
t_wil1
Hall Of Famer

[QUOTE=MidKnight;2126149]On a scale of 1-10...my hands really hurt. I'll have to upload these all as a separate zip at some point. In the mean time, here's a good way to kill a 56K modem: Quote]

56K Modem.... whats that....

nice pics btw
t_wil1 is offline   Reply With Quote