Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Database Tools
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP Mods - Database Tools Do you need to take a dump? SQL gurus welcome

Old 09-27-2006, 02:16 PM   #41
Comedian2004
Hall Of Famer

I will look and see if I have a problem there, but you can look in AU2006 and modify the AU2006.INI to include the missing backslash. This file contains the last league you selected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disposableheros
just came across an error.

this is the first time ive tried to switch leagues before exiting and when doing so, i got this...

looks like a missing a backslash between '2006' and 'data'

i cant change leagues because it wont continue. how can i add that backslash?
Old 09-27-2006, 02:36 PM   #42
disposableheros
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comedian2004
I will look and see if I have a problem there, but you can look in AU2006 and modify the AU2006.INI to include the missing backslash. This file contains the last league you selected.
cool, thanks.

Baseball Maelstrom - New York Mets - 180-149 .547
Corporate League Baseball - Coke Buzz - 889-649 .578
Western Hemisphere Baseball League - Santiago Saints - 672-793 .459

Record - 2428-2271 .517
disposableheros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 11:43 PM   #43
Comedian2004
Hall Of Famer

I have been playing with some new code this evening and you may find this interesting.

I started to write a new program for this purpose, but the AULineup became a very good place to have it be instead.

1st, let me explain what this part of the program will do. It will actually do 2 things.

1. When you are looking at a team, you see the game by game results. You will be able to click on a game and see the game replayed before your eyes. Play by play. (No, pitch by pitch cannot be done). You will see 'my version' of the Gameplay screen. It will show the batters picture, pitchers picture, runners on base, on deck circle, score board, players stats, have links to the players HTML, etc. And it will have a click here for next play (or hit a key) or the sit back and watch the game. Much like OOTP does.

I also think that maybe I can make it randomly pick a game, show the games played 'that day', with the starting pitchers, but NOT the results and let you pick which game you want to watch.

It would also allow you to click here to save great box scores (no-hitters, 3 hr games, 5-5 games, etc.) or selectively save 'a' game or 'all' of the games. It will basically just save the Pbp results and the box score (if it is there) to another folder for looking at later.

2. It will have some kind of system that will save this information to a folder, allow you to upload it to your server and then have your online league members install this program (or a variant of it) and be able to watch replay of games. This will be VERY tricky here. As they will not have access to the csv dumps that my program uses, so it will create mini versions of the dumps that will be uploaded to your server. This would just contain players names and some stats that will be displayed in the replay.

So, picture this.... you sim 15 games for your league, you run my program and tell it to do pbp for all the teams. A link page will be created with all of the games (day by day) and the GM can run my program, it will download the game information and he can then 'watch' the game.

Could be very handy for the playoffs, all-star games, etc. They could actually watch the game 'live' if they did not know the end result of the game.

This routine is going to take a little time to write. I will post screen shots here of the status of the routine as I progress. I am not going to embed it in the forum, so that I can keep the graphics a little higher.

Here is the EARLY version of the screen. Do NOT suggest any thing to change the layout until I get more information in here. This is just about 1/2 hour worth of work

Old 09-29-2006, 01:12 AM   #44
Raidergoo
Hall Of Famer

. . .and the crowd goes wild!

Raidergoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 02:15 AM   #45
kagnew35
All Star Starter

I will pay you 10% of the gate when i sell tickkets, another awesome utiility

http://www.soxxcountry.com/ site with FaceGen Central and Duffys Tavern Live OOTP Chat Room
kagnew35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 11:43 AM   #46
robster1225
Hall Of Famer

Wow, this sounds awesome.
Hopefully it comes out soon!
robster1225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 12:20 PM   #47
Comedian2004
Hall Of Famer

I worked a little more on this... It went better than I thought it would, but now comes the hard part.

It will now go through the entire game, showing PbP, switching the batters and pitchers picture correctly, but now I have to do the baserunning, which is gonna be fun.

Hopefully, all the information I need will be in the PBP.

Example: In the screen shot below, it put Ted Williams on 2nd when he got his double. I have to monitor that he is on 2nd and when the next hit/out, move him to the proper base. Hopefully, the PbP shows all the runner advances, but, I am not sure at this point yet.

It is pretty cool so far, as I am thinking of some neat stuff, like an exploding scoreboard when the home team hits a HR or firewords.

Maybe even add some sound effects. "Strike one!!", crowd cheering, booing, who knows.

Here is the latest screen shot:

Old 09-29-2006, 03:02 PM   #48
Comedian2004
Hall Of Famer

What fun...

This is tedious work here. No rushing this job!

I am using an example PBP to set up the logic, I first check the result. So far I have it checking for a walk, single and double. If it is a single or walk, it puts the proper runner on 1B, a double, it puts him on 2B. Then the next line is read in. This is the movement, if any. So, I check for ' moves to second' and grab his ID and replace it with his name and put him on 2nd. Easy for a single or walk. It gets complicated when this happens:

Runner from 2nd tries for 3rd, SAFE, throw made to third

Since that line has no player ID, I have to see who was on 2nd and move him to 3rd. Or, if the runner was out, I have to remove him.

I have to find all instances of every situation, walk, hbp, K and then he makes it to first, catchers interference, sac, failed sac, sac fly, runner pick off, etc...

Then once I add the code, I have to have it run through pitch by pitch to make sure it is displaying properly. Very time consuming and it gets boring watching the same game 20 times!!

Then, once I get all of the running situation working, then I have to do some scoring stuff. I have to design a linescore type thing, where I can show inning by inning scoring and totals.

OK, I used this generic field, and I do not plan on changing it to show the actual ballpark, maybe in future versions, but not this version. I do not think we need to have the players pictures on the field. I would have to resize the pics, and not sure how hard that will be.

Do you think I should put the defense in there? That may be a pain in the ass, as I would have to load in another file to get that information. I do not think defense replacements are mentioned in the pbp log.

If someone has a snazzier ballfield, send it to me.

One thing that may be possible, is to show on the ballfield where the ball was hit, using the 4M, 78M, etc. Maybe put a big dot there.

There is currently a hard coded 3 second delay. This would be a variable that can be changed. 6, or 3.3 , etc. I am not sure at this point if it can be changed during the game viewing. I do bypass the delay on some things, like the movement of the players. I will also make the delay a little longer between innings
Old 09-30-2006, 01:30 AM   #49
disposableheros
Hall Of Famer

by play-by-play, do you mean the game logs?

those logs DO NOT catch eveything that occurs. i recently posted some bugs in the tech forum regarding this issue.

Record - 2428-2271 .517
Old 09-30-2006, 09:35 AM   #50
Comedian2004
Hall Of Famer

Really, what do they miss?

Quote:
Originally Posted by disposableheros
by play-by-play, do you mean the game logs?

those logs DO NOT catch eveything that occurs. i recently posted some bugs in the tech forum regarding this issue.
Old 09-30-2006, 03:07 PM   #51
disposableheros
Hall Of Famer

i just noticed the other day that sometimes when a PH stays in to play the field, it doesnt get recorded in the game log. i noticed this in a spring training game and thought it may have just been that, but went on to find a few more occasions during the regular season. it is a rare occurence, but it does occur.

so far, i cant seem to track down the specifics of what makes it occur, ie. sometimes its the home team, sometimes the away. sometimes its a guy who stays in to play SS, sometimes LF, sometimes 3B, sometimes X. sometimes its part of a double switch, sometimes its part of multiple players moving around (CF moved to LF, new CF, LF moved to 1B, 1B out of game).

Record - 2428-2271 .517
Old 09-30-2006, 04:34 PM   #52
Comedian2004
Hall Of Famer

That should not effect this program, as I mentioned earlier, the players on the field are not displayed in the log file where I am getting this information from. The pinch hitters are displayed, along with the pitching change and that is all I care about.

Later on, when the pbp is all displayed properly, I may look into pulling that information from the box score files. But for now, I want to show what happened in the game. That I will be able to do.

I think it will be a pretty cool thing, especially for online leagues, as they can 'watch the game'.

One thing that I am doing now is just showing the result. SINGLE, etc.. there is no play by play, like in the game. Once again, that may be possible further down the line.
Old 10-09-2006, 08:59 PM   #53
kagnew35
All Star Starter

Hows this comiingalong, larry? Might just be your best effort yet,

http://www.soxxcountry.com/ site with FaceGen Central and Duffys Tavern Live OOTP Chat Room
Old 10-19-2006, 08:15 AM   #54
targy
All Star Starter

I started the program, loaded the league and I highlighted the Dogers and all the lineups are listed. I highlighed a game and hit PBP and the Toronto Bluejays and Detroit PBP starts up. What am I doing wrong, I wnat to view the Dodgers game
Old 10-19-2006, 08:31 AM   #55
targy
All Star Starter

Small problem and I hope there is an anwer, I started AULineup and then ran the Pbp and then closed the program and my computer was running real slow so I opened Task Manager and under AUTeam.exe tne CPU useage with the program closed is fluxuating between 35 and 99%, why is the exe still running with the program closed.
Old 10-19-2006, 08:35 AM   #56
targy
All Star Starter

I started and closed out all your other programs and this problem does not happen
Old 10-19-2006, 09:05 AM   #57
Comedian2004
Hall Of Famer

The PbP part of that program is still being worked on. It will run, but it always takes the same game (hard coded). I meant to disable that part of the program with the last update. It does not properly end yet, like I said, it is still in the works.
Old 10-19-2006, 09:54 PM   #58
targy
All Star Starter

I still need an answer on the CPU useage problem
Old 10-20-2006, 12:14 AM   #59
Comedian2004
Hall Of Famer

The answer is that the PbP is not a working part of the program yet. I accidently left it open to run. I actually have not ran the program for more than 2 innings. There is no proper exit of that function. So, when you enter the PbP section of the program you are entering an unknown area.

As long as you do not enter that section of the program, you should have no CPU problem with the program.

Quote:
Originally Posted by targy View Post
Small problem and I hope there is an anwer, I started AULineup and then ran the Pbp and then closed the program and my computer was running real slow so I opened Task Manager and under AUTeam.exe tne CPU useage with the program closed is fluxuating between 35 and 99%, why is the exe still running with the program closed.
Old 10-25-2006, 07:10 PM   #60
kagnew35
All Star Starter

Whats the status of the pbp, larry. Really like to have this done and working.