Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Database Tools
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP Mods - Database Tools Do you need to take a dump? SQL gurus welcome

Old 09-06-2006, 01:58 PM   #21
Raidergoo
Hall Of Famer

Named player rep
Tells press union may strike next season
Late to ballpark after getting lost on freeway
Heart skips beat, tells no one
Gets tattoo
Remarries high school sweetheart
Jams with band in nightclub
Sees Rolling Stones in concert
Wears hockey mask in shower
Gives interview laced with bigoted remarks
Makes highlight reel of This Week in Baseball
Makes WebGems with catch
Says he was misquoted by press
Says he was misquoted in autobiography
Says artificial turf is a sign of the Devil
Says that the DH is a sign of the Apocalypse
Denies steroid rumors
Turns over drug using brother to police
Confronts manager about comments in the paper
Best man in friend's wedding
Bags the two deer limit while hunting
Guest stars on fishing show
Starts eating too much fried food
Requires stitches after car accident
Thanks adoptive mother on nationally broadcast interview
Becomes conspiracy theory crank

Last edited by Raidergoo; 09-06-2006 at 02:01 PM.
Raidergoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 02:32 PM   #22
Solonor
Hall Of Famer

Any way you could make this work off a user-editable list? That way, you wouldn't have to get a bunch of suggestions and hard-code them into it, and we could do our own thing (like the aforementioned Tolkien madness, which wouldn't apply to everyone).

"Beings will come, Frodo. The one constant through all the years has been baseball. Middle Earth has rolled by like an army of Mumakil. It has been erased like a slate, rebuilt and erased again. But baseball has marked the time. This field, this game: it's a part of our past, Frodo. It reminds of us of all that once was good and it could be again. Oh... beings will come Frodo. Beings will most definitely come." - Gladden Field of Dreams
Solonor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 02:33 PM   #23
Comedian2004
Hall Of Famer

Fell in lava trying to return ring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solonor
I can't wait to turn this loose on our Tolkien League... heh...

Admitted to Blossom Ford Clinic for pipeweed addiction
Became spokesman for Lothlorien Lembas Association
Dropped palantir on foot
Mugged by orcs
Received special award from King of Gondor

etc.

Old 09-09-2006, 07:03 PM   #24
Scott Vibert
Hall Of Famer

Can this be used to bulk delete all entries from a player history file throughout the league? Easily? (Just hoping to "restart" a league and want to delete a previous seasons history in its entirity.
Scott Vibert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 08:16 PM   #25
Comedian2004
Hall Of Famer

It will now. I just added the option.

Select the league and then under BULK CHANGES, select CLEAN HISTORY.

NOTE: If the history line (That blue line that is under the date and ADD button) is empty, then it will simply erase the contents of everyone's history file. If there is information there, it will erase the existing history and replace it with this line.

So, I guess 2 clicks of the mouse would be 'easily'.

It gives you a 'Are you sure' prompt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Vibert
Can this be used to bulk delete all entries from a player history file throughout the league? Easily? (Just hoping to "restart" a league and want to delete a previous seasons history in its entirity.
Old 09-09-2006, 08:24 PM   #26
Solonor
Hall Of Famer

Did you ever decide to make the history source file user editable?

"Beings will come, Frodo. The one constant through all the years has been baseball. Middle Earth has rolled by like an army of Mumakil. It has been erased like a slate, rebuilt and erased again. But baseball has marked the time. This field, this game: it's a part of our past, Frodo. It reminds of us of all that once was good and it could be again. Oh... beings will come Frodo. Beings will most definitely come." - Gladden Field of Dreams
Old 09-09-2006, 08:25 PM   #27
Comedian2004
Hall Of Famer

Of course.

It will be a simple text file that you can easily remove lines from or take lines away or use your own.

Once I get 1000 entries, I will add this to the code.

Quote:
Any way you could make this work off a user-editable list? That way, you wouldn't have to get a bunch of suggestions and hard-code them into it, and we could do our own thing (like the aforementioned Tolkien madness, which wouldn't apply to everyone).
Old 09-09-2006, 08:26 PM   #28
Comedian2004
Hall Of Famer

If you are talking about the 'random' events, I have not added this function until I get 1000 random events to include in the initial release.

Quote:
Did you ever decide to make the history source file user editable?
Old 09-09-2006, 08:57 PM   #29
Solonor
Hall Of Famer

Excellent.

Old 09-10-2006, 05:14 PM   #30
Sweed
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Larry, I'm doing the remove duplicates and have a ton of bad dates. When I correct each date is it fixed in the player file at that time?

I ask because I have so many bad dates that it takes too long to change them all at once. I think the "many bad dates" problem is because first time I ran the history conversion it locked up and I reran it over the same file. This was before you helped me get through it with some fixes. What I'd like to do is fix some dates, end history2, play some games and then come back and start history2 again and pick up where I left off. Is that possible or will it cause problems?

Trying to answer my own question today I did quit and restart history2. When I quit inputing fixed dates I had 5 bars (no bars showing when I fixed the first date) on the progress meter showing. Went to task manager and ended the process. Restarted history2 and hit the duplicate button and history2 immediately ran out to 5 bars and then stopped with a date error. So, I'm thinking the dates I fixed were saved and the program ran to the point I stopped. However this was without playing any games inbetween running history2.

Another thing is when the date change box comes up under the "bulk" change menu hitting cancel does not take the box off the screen. I find the only way to quit the program from here is through task manager. Not a problem, it's easy enough to quit this way, but it contributes to me not knowing if what I have done so far is saved or is it just lost if I end the process?

Appreciate any thoughts you might have.

Sweed
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 05:43 PM   #31
Comedian2004
Hall Of Famer

Yes, the duplicate dates would occur if you want the convert program twice.

I will change the program to allow the cancel button to abort the operation. Will have that version up there within the next half hour.

Simming games will cause no ill effect.I will see if I can automate the 'invalid date' thing.

Control alt delete could actually mess things up, if it was in the middle of re-writing the history file, it could cause problems.
Old 09-10-2006, 05:55 PM   #32
Sweed
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comedian2004
Yes, the duplicate dates would occur if you want the convert program twice.

I will change the program to allow the cancel button to abort the operation. Will have that version up there within the next half hour.

Simming games will cause no ill effect.I will see if I can automate the 'invalid date' thing.

Control alt delete could actually mess things up, if it was in the middle of re-writing the history file, it could cause problems.

Thanks, that's what I hoped to hear. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't going to compound my problem or be wasting time if I worked at it a little at a time.
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 06:56 PM   #33
Comedian2004
Hall Of Famer

Try this build now.

It should automatically repair the ones with the invalid dates.

It also has the cancel button now working.
Old 09-10-2006, 07:57 PM   #34
Raidergoo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comedian2004
If you are talking about the 'random' events, I have not added this function until I get 1000 random events to include in the initial release.
1) consider 500 instead of 1000 initially?
2) ask for help in the general discussions forum, maybe some others will pitch in
3) how many are already in the pipeline?
Old 09-10-2006, 08:19 PM   #35
Comedian2004
Hall Of Famer

Added the random event.

OK, there are a couple of ways to use this.

1st, it will download a file called random.txt and put it in your AU2006 folder. This is the file that it takes events from. Do not modify this file. This file is downloaded each time you use the RANDOM EVENT option. It only downloads it the 1st time per session. So, if you do not exit the program and hit RANDOM EVENT again, it will not download it.

You can also create a random2.txt file and it will use this file. This file you can freely modify, adding events, removing them or changing them. Remember though, if this file exists, the random.txt file is NOT used. This could be handy for custom leagues.

Just put a event on each line. DO NOT put a period at the end of the line, I will do that for you. You can do it, but you will have .. at the end of the line.

Using the file...

OK, first, you can select RANDOM PLAYERS from the pull down and then tell it how many random players you want (1-50). It will randomly grab that many players. It could grab the same player twice though. Then click on the player to add the random event to.

Or, you can just click on a team and click on a player.

Notice that when you click on a player that already has a history, it will change the date on the calendar. It will randomly pick a date between 1 day and 3 years from the LAST event in his history. You can click on either the day, month or year and manually change it if you like, or you can be lazy and use the calendar pull down.

Now, if you are happy with the event and time, just click ADD and then SAVE and move to the next player.

NOTE: The history line WILL NOT change when you select another player, this is case you want to add the same event for more than one player.

Please send me your additions to the text file so I can share them with the public.
Old 09-10-2006, 08:20 PM   #36
Comedian2004
Hall Of Famer

LOL, 156 and it is live now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raidergoo
1) consider 500 instead of 1000 initially?
2) ask for help in the general discussions forum, maybe some others will pitch in
3) how many are already in the pipeline?
Old 09-10-2006, 08:35 PM   #37
Raidergoo
Hall Of Famer

I am having a blast coming up with new items. I am getting a little help from my office mates at work. We're between major projects at work right now, and it's a bit dull.
Old 09-10-2006, 08:48 PM   #38
Comedian2004
Hall Of Famer

Cool, some of them do not relate to the year, but that is why I do not have it automatically add them. 1952 - Changed Cell Phone Company

Just post the new ones here and I will past them in the default file on my server and you will automatically get them when you run the program.

One little weird bug is when you tell it to pick random players. Some leagues work fine, and grab the desired random players, while others do not grab all the players. It grabs the same one many times. I think this is caused by the gap between player numbers when you have minor league teams. Checking into that.

I don't know what else I could add to this program. Oh yeah, I was going to look at the team history. But that could be a different program.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raidergoo
I am having a blast coming up with new items. I am getting a little help from my office mates at work. We're between major projects at work right now, and it's a bit dull.
Old 09-13-2006, 10:57 PM   #39
Comedian2004
Hall Of Famer

Added a very cool new function to AUHistory2 under BULK changes.

This will search out any walk off home runs and add them to the player's history, in this format:

19610615 Drafted in the 1961 first-year player draft (Round 2, Pick 8, 24th overall Pick) by the <a href="../teams/team_13.html">New York Giants</a>.
19611104 Received a 1-year contract worth a total of $175,000 through automatic renewal.
19620101 SISA scouting updated ratings (potential): Contact: 64 (85); Power: 41 (41); Eye: - (-).
19620405 Injured (Strained Tricep Tendon), out for 2-3 weeks.
19621001 Wins the ML NL Rookie of the Month Award.
19621104 Received a 1-year contract worth a total of $175,000 through automatic renewal.
19630101 SISA scouting updated ratings (potential): Contact: 80 (93); Power: - (-); Eye: - (-).
19630704 Was selected to the 1963 Major League 1920 All-Star Game.
19630717 5 game home run streak ended. 1963-7-8 through 1963-7-17
19630722 Wins the ML NL Player of the Week Award.
19630804 Walkoff Home Run: Count 0-0: GRAND SLAM HOME RUN (Flyball, 9D), Distance : 371 ft
19630821 Walkoff Home Run: Count 1-2: SOLO HOME RUN (Flyball, 89XD), Distance : 381 ft
19630919 Walkoff Home Run: Count 2-2: 2-RUN HOME RUN (Flyball, 89XD), Distance : 399 ft

Note: This function can be ran anytime during the year. If you run it later, it will NOT put duplicate entries in.

Make sure you run it after the season though or the PBP will not be available after a certain time next year.

Larry
Old 09-18-2006, 07:50 PM   #40
silvam14
Hall Of Famer

Just wanted to say great job with this utility Larry!

I just expanded my league today and held an expansion draft (manually of course) Your utility came in quite handy to add the line to each player's history about being taken in the expansion draft.

Just figured you would like to hear about people using your stuff. Hope you come up with more!