Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Database Tools

OOTP Mods - Database Tools Do you need to take a dump? SQL gurus welcome

Old 09-04-2006, 09:46 AM   #41
Chris Johnson
Major Leagues

Should it take 8+ hours for this program to finish? I started running it at midnight and as of 7:46 AM there still is no finished notification.
Chris Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 11:06 AM   #42
Comedian2004
Hall Of Famer

I would not think so, how big is your league?

Can you zip up your 6.x league (without photos) and put it somewhere I can download it?
Old 09-04-2006, 12:01 PM   #43
Sweed
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sporr
I've zipped up the old exporter for those who want it. It still has Maelstrom references in the bat files, so you'll need to change those.

http://www.baseballmaelstrom.com/exporterv6.zip
Thanks Sporr. I d'loaded the exporter and got it to work, even with my limited computer knowledge

However like Chris J my conversion also freezes. It starts and the bar runs to about 20-25% with the names flashing by. Then it comes to a halt and just sits. I had task manager open when I ran it when I hit the button to start the conversion it went to about 49% but with in (and I'm guessing here) about 30-40 seconds it had jumped to 100% with the "not responding" on the application screen. I let it run for an hour like this doing nothing else on the computer but AU65 showed no progress.

Leauge is standard MLB in v2006 with 5 levels of minors. v6 league was MLB with the standard 3 level minor league.
Sweed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 12:15 PM   #44
Sweed
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comedian2004
I would not think so, how big is your league?

Can you zip up your 6.x league (without photos) and put it somewhere I can download it?
Larry, I sent you an email with my league attached. It was 18.7mb but I believe it went through ok as I sent a large file like that to Markus during testing. without issue.

If that didn't work perhaps you'll want to wait to see if Chris J can upload something for you to use. I'm somewhat computer challenged and besides not having a place to put the file I'm not sure I would know how to do it without some instruction.

One more thing, not sure if it matters or not but, the converter did run a little longer and showed more text in the UI with the Commish exporter than it did with the v6 generated cvs file. From the progress bar on the UI I would say the v6 went about 10-15% where the Commish went about 20-25%.
Old 09-04-2006, 12:33 PM   #45
Chris Johnson
Major Leagues

Here is my 6.5 file, 16MB zipped:

Last edited by Chris Johnson; 09-04-2006 at 07:01 PM.
Old 09-04-2006, 03:49 PM   #46
Comedian2004
Hall Of Famer

Problem solved!!

The problem was invalid dates in your old history file. Chris, you have 5/32/2011 and two others with those dates and different years.

In the test league I also found an invalid date of 9/31 and I hard coded it to change it. Now I have it prompt you that the date is invalid and it allows you to change the date to a valid date. It shows you the invalid date so that you know what year it was.

So, I found a bug in 6.x! LOL!

If anyone else has a 'lockup' problem, (the status bar has stopped moving), please get me the league file and I can resolve the problem. I have only tested this on two leagues now, and since I do not have 6.x on my computer, I can't do further testing.

Please backup your OOTP2006 league.

You can just backup the history file if you want, as that is all I write to. If it bombs out during the convert and you run it again, you WILL have duplicate items in the history. You are warned again.

BTW, it took about 15 minutes to convert yours Chris.
Old 09-04-2006, 03:50 PM   #47
Chris Johnson
Major Leagues

Excellent, I'll run it again when I get home. Thanks!
Old 09-04-2006, 05:54 PM   #48
Sweed
Hall Of Famer

The date fix is working but now getting this error.
Quote:
Unhandled exception has occured in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.

Conversion from string "10/1/game" to type "Date" is not valid.

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.InvalidCastException: Conversion from string "10/1/game" to type 'Date' is not valid.
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions .ToDate(String Value)
at AU6XHistory.Form1.btnConvert_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventAr gs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.O nMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.W ndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.42 (RTM.050727-4200)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
AU6XHistory
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Owner/Local%20Settings/Apps/2.0/2GCB2GYX.8BR/ZDON4HKH.Y2P/au6x..tion_1cc6d67e17e39722_0001.0002_b2b8fa344290 55cd/AU6XHistory.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
Assembly Version: 8.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 8.0.50727.42 (RTM.050727-4200)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.
I tried hitting continue and the app does nothing, task manager shows 00.
Hit convert again and the app starts but, at least it seems to me, from the beginning again as I get the same error again.
Old 09-04-2006, 06:08 PM   #49
Chris Johnson
Major Leagues

Worked like a charm for me. Thanks! I think you should put in the instructions that you need to hit the link through IE explorer. If Firefox is your default browser, the application hangs. Going through IE Explorer worked fine.

Now if we could get the team history in the game, everything would be perfect!
Old 09-04-2006, 06:37 PM   #50
Comedian2004
Hall Of Famer

OK, I know what that error is, but I need to see your data files to correct the problem.

If you have MSN IM, I am webcomedian@msn.com, you can send me the file that way or I also am webcomedian@yahoo.com.

If not either one, I can set you up a place to FTP it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweed
The date fix is working but now getting this error.

I tried hitting continue and the app does nothing, task manager shows 00.
Hit convert again and the app starts but, at least it seems to me, from the beginning again as I get the same error again.
Old 09-04-2006, 07:49 PM   #51
Sweed
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comedian2004
OK, I know what that error is, but I need to see your data files to correct the problem.

If you have MSN IM, I am webcomedian@msn.com, you can send me the file that way or I also am webcomedian@yahoo.com.

If not either one, I can set you up a place to FTP it.
I have MSN IM though I haven't used it often. I did add you to the contact list, just need to know exactly which files you need. Never have sent a file over it but I assume it's as easy as attaching to an email so I'll give that a go.

Screen name is same as here "Sweed" email address is s_weed59 (AT) hotmail.com

Thanks,
Sweed
Old 09-05-2006, 12:22 AM   #52
Comedian2004
Hall Of Famer

Fixed the error Sweed was getting, give it a try if you were getting error.

Some dates are not grabbing a year, I will write a function in AUHistory that will clean that up later. Should work fine now.
Old 09-05-2006, 12:09 PM   #53
Comedian2004
Hall Of Famer

The program should now work for everyone, with no errors. Tough writing this program without 6.x on the computer.

However, it could possibly screw up a few dates in the import. Instead of messing with this program fixing the problem and possibly causing others, since it is importing all the history, I have added a routine to AUHistory2 to remove duplicates and repair any bungled dates.
Old 09-05-2006, 12:33 PM   #54
Solonor
Hall Of Famer

I tried it out this morning, and it worked great. I got an exception error from a mangled file in the old game, but other than that, it was cool.

"Beings will come, Frodo. The one constant through all the years has been baseball. Middle Earth has rolled by like an army of Mumakil. It has been erased like a slate, rebuilt and erased again. But baseball has marked the time. This field, this game: it's a part of our past, Frodo. It reminds of us of all that once was good and it could be again. Oh... beings will come Frodo. Beings will most definitely come." - Gladden Field of Dreams
Solonor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 04:49 AM   #55
Comedian2004
Hall Of Famer

New bug fix: First, I no longer have it display the progress in the windows, as I think it was freaking windows out a little. It also speeds the process up by not displaying it.

If you were getting an error when you ran it, this is more and likely why. If you continue to get an error after fixing the CSV file created by OOTP 6.x, please let me know.

The problem is a bug in 6.x that I have long known was there, and has come back to bite me. It is with players who have too long of a nickname or too long of a place of birth. You may have noticed them in your league. You had a bunch of them.

If you look at the CSV file you sent me, you will see it. They are displayed as garbage, usually as a little square box in NOTEPAD.

Trouble is, my program freaks out when it sees these characters in a CSV file, it will sometimes just cause the program to crash, other times it will detect it as an early EOL (end of line) and then all the numbers are thrown off.

The ONLY solution is to delete the characters from the CSV dump, or go through all your players and fix their nickname and/or place of birth. The modifying the CSV is much easier. Use notepad.

Please post if you had a sucessful conversion so I know how well the program is working.
Old 09-10-2006, 03:30 PM   #56
CBLCardinals
OOTP Roster Team

this is a GREAT utility for those of us with long-time solo leagues.

Special thanks to Larry for this GREAT tool, and with his help in converting my CBL league from 6.5 that I've been playing for now 2+ real years (in my fifth season of solo play!)

CBLCardinals is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 03:05 PM   #57
eriqjaffe
Hall Of Famer

This is a good a place as any to remind people that I have a GUI front-end for CommishJoe's exporter here:

http://www.geocities.com/eriqjaffe/

The "full" version contains the exporter, the "lite" version is just the GUI. Makes working with the exporter a bit easier.
Old 09-18-2006, 06:04 PM   #58
Comedian2004
Hall Of Famer

However, you do not need the exporter, you can use the one that OOTP has built in. Both have been tested and work fine.
Old 10-29-2006, 04:06 PM   #59
Kaitiaki
Hall Of Famer

OK, I'm trying to use this and getting Invalid Date errors on what I think is every single history entry. The dates are all perfectly valid things like 8/25/2008, but I fix one (by changing the date to the first of whatever month it was) and it instantly pops up another. I have to fix a dozen or so before the progress bar inches forward at all.

I've read the thread, and didn't see anything that seemed to apply. Any ideas?

EDIT> To add, I've tried it with both 6.5's generated players_general.csv, and CommishJoe's players.csv. Same problem.

- Kai

Last edited by Kaitiaki; 10-29-2006 at 04:15 PM.
Kaitiaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 04:21 PM   #60
Comedian2004
Hall Of Famer

If you can zip up the 6.5 league file and get it to me, I can see what the problem is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaitiaki View Post
OK, I'm trying to use this and getting Invalid Date errors on what I think is every single history entry. The dates are all perfectly valid things like 8/25/2008, but I fix one (by changing the date to the first of whatever month it was) and it instantly pops up another. I have to fix a dozen or so before the progress bar inches forward at all.

I've read the thread, and didn't see anything that seemed to apply. Any ideas?

EDIT> To add, I've tried it with both 6.5's generated players_general.csv, and CommishJoe's players.csv. Same problem.

- Kai