Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Database Tools
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP Mods - Database Tools Do you need to take a dump? SQL gurus welcome

Old 09-02-2006, 08:34 PM   #1
Comedian2004
Hall Of Famer

Anderson Utilities - AU65History

Yes, convert your player's 6.x history to his 2006 history.

The program is almost complete. I expect a release this week.

Here is what it does.

First, you must have access to your 6.5 program. You do a players.csv dump. This IS required, as it is the ONLY way that I can access the active player's old ID.

You then run my program. You tell my program where three things are: the 6.x players.csv, you select your league and you also pick where the 6.5x league is located.

Then you click the convert button. You will see all of the player's history flash before your eyes like the moment you see your life flash before you before that train smashes into you. (Sorry, only text here)

As it is flashing you, it will convert each line of text into the new format, using the following rules:

If there is a date in the line, as in 4/9/2005, it will convert this properly. If there is just a year, as in 2005, it will add a generic date, using 5/18 if the word Drafted was in the line, otherwise, it will use 10/1 or somewhere around there, I can't remember what I picked.

If one of the lines contains 9/31 as a date, it will change that date to 9/30. (How that got in there, I don't know). If it comes across any other invalid dates, it will let you know where the date is and let you change it.

It will then load in the OOTP2006 player's history and if there is anything in it, it will add it and then resort the list.

It will then save the history over in the OOTP2006 history folder.

The program convert ALL active players that have any history. It will also convert any retired players that have history. Usually those are players in the HOF or players on the leaderboard.

You could possibly copy over retired players from the almanac over to the 6.x history folder and rename them to R###.txt and your non-star retired players could retain their history.

So far I have it reading in the entire league and converting the data over. Now I have to have it read in the 2006 history for each player, add it to the old history, sort it and then save it back. Then I have to write the routine to bring over the retired players, which will not be too difficult.

Comedian2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 09:05 PM   #2
Solonor
Hall Of Famer

Heh. I just finished mine.

It took a little less than 24 hours to do the "impossible" conversion of history files.

I have it so that it will copy all of the old player history to the new format and files. I just have to modify it so that it will prepend old history to new history for those impatient fools who already jumped to 2006.

Mine is just a simple DOS program that probably works exactly like Larry's. It ain't purty, but it works!!!

"Beings will come, Frodo. The one constant through all the years has been baseball. Middle Earth has rolled by like an army of Mumakil. It has been erased like a slate, rebuilt and erased again. But baseball has marked the time. This field, this game: it's a part of our past, Frodo. It reminds of us of all that once was good and it could be again. Oh... beings will come Frodo. Beings will most definitely come." - Gladden Field of Dreams
Solonor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 09:39 PM   #3
Solonor
Hall Of Famer

How are you getting the retired players? I can't find a way to do that. The players are listed in players_general.csv from 6.5, but their id's are not the same as the number on Rnnnn.txt. How do you find their retiree id?

"Beings will come, Frodo. The one constant through all the years has been baseball. Middle Earth has rolled by like an army of Mumakil. It has been erased like a slate, rebuilt and erased again. But baseball has marked the time. This field, this game: it's a part of our past, Frodo. It reminds of us of all that once was good and it could be again. Oh... beings will come Frodo. Beings will most definitely come." - Gladden Field of Dreams
Old 09-02-2006, 11:21 PM   #4
sporr
Global Moderator

Guys, this is probably one of the most essential utilities out there. Of course, you only get to use it once, but it's worth it just to have the old history! WOOHOO!
sporr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 01:11 AM   #5
Comedian2004
Hall Of Famer

Done!!

http://www.planetootp.com/AU6XHistory/

I decided to not do the retired players and may write a utility that will bring in all the retired players history, even from the almanac.

BACKUP YOUR LEAGUE BEFORE RUNNING TO BE SAFE

With that said, I have tested it just on one league. It works like a champ. It took about 15 minutes to 'do its thing'. If you have ANY problems, revert to the backup and let me know of the issues. If needed, I may ask you to send me the backup file.

Instructions for use:

Step 1: Open your OOTP 6.x game and do a PLAYER.CSV DUMP
Step 2: Open your OOTP2006 game a do a CSV dump
Step 3: BACKUP your history file in the OOTP2006 league.
VERY IMPORTANT - HISTORY FOLDER - BACKUP!
C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\OOTP Baseball 2006\data\saved_games\Maelstrom.lg\news\txt\player s
Step 4: Pick your 6.x CSV file
Step 5: Pick your 6.x League Folder
Step 6: Pick your 2006 League Folder
Step 7: Click on Convert and sit back and watch
Step 8: Enjoy the game with the history now imported
Old 09-03-2006, 01:18 AM   #6
Comedian2004
Hall Of Famer

Screen Shot

Screenshot:
Attached Images
Old 09-03-2006, 05:56 AM   #7
Qrusher14242
All Star Starter

wow!! this is awesome.
Old 09-03-2006, 08:41 AM   #8
Solonor
Hall Of Famer

Truly the greatest utility EVER!

Old 09-03-2006, 09:20 AM   #9
RBLwebguy
Hall Of Famer

I guess my question has been answered! Sweet stuff!
RBLwebguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 09:28 AM   #10
Zubes
Major Leagues

very cool!!!

Beyond the Ivy - Commish, Twins GM
Stars and Stripes Baseball League - Cubs GM
Bricks and Ivy - Orioles GM

Sim Coalition - co-founder

Zubes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 10:27 AM   #11
andy m
Minors (Double A)

you saved OOTP.
andy m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 10:35 AM   #12
sporr
Global Moderator

Excellent!
sporr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 11:41 AM   #13
Sweed
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
What am I doing wrong?

Followed the instructions and the converter brings up the first entry in the upper box and immediatly stops. No error message, so I open taks manager and cpu is at 100% with AU65 not responding. I've let it sit for a couple of minutes with nothing happening. I'm assuming by Larry's "flash by" statement this is not normal.

Things I have done to run the program.

Running v6.5 did csv dump but in Larry's screenshot and instructions it says "players.csv" the options I find in 6.5 are export "player general" and "rosters". I used the player general options which generates a file called "players_general.csv" not "players.csv". Is this the correct dump to do?
I also tried renaming the "players_general.csv" to "players.csv", still locked up.

OOTP 6.5 creates the file in the saved game folder so at first I tried pointing au65 to it there. I thought maybe it needed to be outside the folder so moved it to desktop, no go in either situation.

Any ideas?

Tried again and let it sit for 10 minutes with no results.

Last edited by Sweed; 09-03-2006 at 12:53 PM.
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 12:47 PM   #14
Chris Johnson
Major Leagues

The dialog isn't letting me pick my 2006 league folder. I click the "Pick 2006 League" option and it takes me to the "Browse for Folder", but only has a limited tree to choose from (Program Files and down). Won't let me browse my computer to pick the folder.
Chris Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 12:56 PM   #15
Chris Johnson
Major Leagues

I think you need to use the OOTP exporter as opposed to the in game CSV dump choices. If you use OOTP exporter, you get a players.csv file.
Old 09-03-2006, 01:12 PM   #16
Comedian2004
Hall Of Famer

I was making it easier to browse, but now changed it back so you can see the entire tree now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Johnson
The dialog isn't letting me pick my 2006 league folder. I click the "Pick 2006 League" option and it takes me to the "Browse for Folder", but only has a limited tree to choose from (Program Files and down). Won't let me browse my computer to pick the folder.
Old 09-03-2006, 01:13 PM   #17
Solonor
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Johnson
I'm having the same issue. The tree starts off at c:\program files. My 2006 is on d:\program files...

Old 09-03-2006, 01:15 PM   #18
Comedian2004
Hall Of Famer

Sporr sent me the players.csv file from his 6.x version, hope he will chime in on how he created it, as I do not have 6.x on my computer.

If while running, if you lose focus, it will act like it locks up, but it is in fact still working. You can see the hard drive light flashing. Give it time to finish.

I added that progress bar as that seemed to avoid the losing focus problem, but I guess it did not clear up the problem. I advise you not to alt tab to another program while it is running.
Old 09-03-2006, 01:16 PM   #19
Comedian2004
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solonor
I'm having the same issue. The tree starts off at c:\program files. My 2006 is on d:\program files...
Try it now, I just updated it.
Old 09-03-2006, 01:25 PM   #20
Chris Johnson
Major Leagues

I uninstalled the program and now it won't let me re-install. I download setup again, ran it, and then it told me that the program can't find some missing components.