Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Database Tools

OOTP Mods - Database Tools Do you need to take a dump? SQL gurus welcome

Old 08-03-2006, 02:47 AM   #21
Comedian2004
Hall Of Famer

I discovered some logic problems. The program worked fine with young leagues, but with larger older leagues it was bogging down. It was the way I was reading in the data. I was basically looping through the file and when it came across the player, it would leave and go to the next. So, what was happening, the higher a player's ID, the longer it took to get the data.

So, I revamped it.

When you click on the CONTRACT button, it will go through the entire player list and load the player into memory, if he is still an active player. So, it no longer has to load the same file multiple times.

Very much quicker and gives me more flexibility. So, first I did the players file, which contains name, team, draft, etc. I picked out all the fields that were important. I converted the numbers to strings. So, instead of showing a 1 for right handed batter, it shows a R. I did a team lookup, so it will show the team ABR and team whole name. The team whole name will be loaded in as a tool tip I think.

So, I have about 20 categories from there. I will now do the players contracts. I am undecided on if I will just display his current salary or more information also, i.e. years on contract, etc.

Then I load in the stats. You will be able to pick CURRENT YEAR or LAST YEAR, or maybe even specify any year.

Then I lead in his ratings.

I may even put up some radio buttons to let you decide what group to load from. Maybe not load in his ratings, since you have that turned off.

The program evolved from a simple contract report to a full blown database.

I will allow you to save the data as a CSV file. This way, you could play with it in excel or you could also quickly load it back in.

One big thing about this program will be the CSV file it will create.

It will basically combine all the different files into one database. So you will not have to be an expert in Excel and link files together.

What I mean is that you can simply load in a normal CSV dump into excel. However, you get a very sloppy looking list. The field names are: player_name. I convert that field names while in my program. player_name becomes PlayerName; Position becomes POS.

Team is shown as the team ID. So, it will show a number for the team. You have to then look at the teams.cvs file and see what team is #1. I do that for you in the program.

With this program, you really do not need to use Excel, as you can sort by any field, up or down. I will add filters, so you can hide all players with less than a certain number of at bats or just show right handed hitters.

Later, print options will be available to print the data.

A lot of this can be done inside the OOTP program, but I plan to add much more. Like more stats, etc.

Since the concept of the program has changed, and my schedule is busy tomorrow, I won't have a new update for a couple of days. But you can use the current unfinished version for now.

Keep your eyes peeled to this section.
Old 08-04-2006, 02:17 AM   #22
Comedian2004
Hall Of Famer

CSV dump is now working.

Added several more fields to hitters and pitchers. Ratings come next.
Old 08-04-2006, 05:47 PM   #23
Comedian2004
Hall Of Famer

Added ratings and also team select. So, you can select just one team and have that team only listed in the grid. However, if you want to look at another team, you need to load the league again. (That will change)

Anyone try the new version?
Old 08-04-2006, 05:51 PM   #24
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

SUH-WEEEEEEEEEET!!!!!

This is shaping up to be a brilliant program!
pstrickert is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 12:14 AM   #25
Raidergoo
Hall Of Famer

Um, wow!

10 seconds with MS Word and the CSV dump does exactly what I want. And about a billion times more.

This is a gem.
Raidergoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 06:07 PM   #26
Comedian2004
Hall Of Famer

Solved the problem with the accented characters.. they now display correctly...

a simple "System.Text.Encoding.UTF7" had to be added.