Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Database Tools
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP Mods - Database Tools Do you need to take a dump? SQL gurus welcome

Old 06-09-2006, 07:18 PM   #1
Doughnuts?
All Star Reserve

PROBLEM! with Arod/Garlon database

Putting it in its own thread so others don't have to see a decades worth of historical simulation ruined. I started in 1903. Had never heard of Clarence Williams. He is a negro league player who entered my universe with stats already accumulated. Unfortunately, they were not his stats, they were the career average stats of the ML player he was based upon. The bottom line is, in 1912, when I realised it, he is the career leader in hits and other stats based on these erroneous statistics, and my league is shot. This will happen with all negro league players who are active in the year you begin your league.

You guys do a great job. Just wish you had caught this. I guess I'll start my fictional league now.
Doughnuts? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 07:25 PM   #2
redmarkYankees
All Star Starter

It's not just the negro league players; the database is 'normalised', which means players who played in short-seasons in the 19th century, for instance, have their stats exptrapolated as if they had played 162 games. I understand that it may give a truer import (though I'm not convinced that it's significant), but it messes up stats, particularly for pitchers.
Old 06-09-2006, 09:05 PM   #3
Garlon
Hall Of Famer

Doughnuts? - all the negro leaguers have 15-yr career spans in the DB, we designed it this way.

Doughnuts? and redmarkYankees - if these 1800's normalized stats bother you, just import your initial season with Lahman and then use our DB for subsequent rookie classes. You'll just have to watch out for dupe players in that first season or two of the rookie draft. We included the yearly rookie draft list, so you can even check that before the draft to see which duplicate players you will need to delete. You can always use Ankit's or Gambo's DB's or even the regular Lahman. Our DB is just one more option you have.
Garlon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 12:11 AM   #4
tcblcommish
Hall Of Famer

There is a thing I spotted when I used this one also. Not huge but hard to work with images.

Some player names are not getting imported correctly in the 1994 season.

Fernando Valenzuela is importing FERNAND VALENZUELA
Mark Grudzielanek is importing MARK GRUDZIELANE
John Vander Wal is importing John Vander Wa

not major issues but not sure if I did something or it's in the DB

Great work though, I love using the 94 'Spos to see them win a World Series (Hopefully)

Jim
tcblcommish is offline   Reply With Quote