Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Database Tools
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP Mods - Database Tools Do you need to take a dump? SQL gurus welcome

Old 09-24-2006, 06:06 PM   #81
Comedian2004
Hall Of Famer

Yeah, I know. Documents are not my specialty, as they take longer to write than the actual code sometimes!

I have been meaning to update them, but just have not made the time. I also have screen shots for all of the programs that I want to add to the www.planetootp.com page, but just have not made time to do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagnew35
Larry, on your site you have very good readmes on autoface and autologo, but not for any of the others. Is it posssible to add one for each utility? I know ther are directions on them in their threads but are scattered and piecemeal so would really be a big plus to have them centrally located. How many require a csv dump, which ones can commish allow owners in online leagues to use on their own?

Hve run autologo, very nice.
Old 09-24-2006, 06:22 PM   #82
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Hve run autologo, very nice.
AUlogo has been a real treat for me to use. Question however, now that you bring up the auto aspect. Larry, can I designate specific leagues (i.e. just the minors) to use this function on without jeopardizing my parent league logos, already carefully selected?
Old 09-24-2006, 08:06 PM   #83
Comedian2004
Hall Of Famer

Yes, no problem. I do suggest that you reload the program after doing each league. There is a handy restart button for that.

Select your league, then select the pull down menu to select the minor league team. You will see the list of the minor league teams. Use the fuzzy to pick out the good ones, then manually click on them to add any that you have to search for.

NOTE: The only problem that could happen is if one of your MLB teams had the same name_nickname as a minor league team. So, if you have a Boston Pigheads as the parent team and the minor league team had the same name Boston Pigheads, then they would share the same logo. But, if the minor league team was called the Boston Boarheads, then they would each have their own.

It sure does make it easier to add the logos.

BTW, use the SETS function to backup the logos for your league. It will put a copy of them in their own folder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by endgame
AUlogo has been a real treat for me to use. Question however, now that you bring up the auto aspect. Larry, can I designate specific leagues (i.e. just the minors) to use this function on without jeopardizing my parent league logos, already carefully selected?
Old 09-27-2006, 10:39 PM   #84
kagnew35
All Star Starter

Larry, suggestiojn, how bout a newspaper type template for online leagues, news stories that may be addeed easily by commish. Or is this dupklication of some of the others in content?

http://www.soxxcountry.com/ site with FaceGen Central and Duffys Tavern Live OOTP Chat Room
kagnew35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 05:15 AM   #85
rasnell
Hall Of Famer

Larry:

I know this might get back to the challenges of creating a print layout, but how hard would it be to create a baseball card-style printout.

I would like to fit the front and back of a baseball card for two of my players on a sheet of standard 8.5 x 11 paper.

Here's my idea: Allow us to click a button for two names of the players we would want to fit on the page. Your utility would generate their photo and season plus career stats. The second page (or back) of the card would list achievements such as 12 All-Star Games, 6 Player of the Month Awards, etc.

Knowing how difficult it is to set up a page, don't worry about two-sided printing. Just size everything at about the size of an index card, 3x5, and put the front and back of the card on the same page. I can glue or tape together my card, plus it makes it thicker, like a card anyway.

I've always dreamed of a text sim game that would allow me to save something like baseball cards to remember my hall of famers or best players.

How hard is it to find the files that would display the season, career stats of a player, find the photo, and get the summary of career achievements for that player?
rasnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 01:00 AM   #86
kagnew35
All Star Starter

Larry, intend using autoface, aulogo, aureports, auammies, auinjuryreports, aulineup, audraft, and auhistory2 as well as the ualmanac you outlined in my online historical league. My question is likely dumb, but am not very knowledgable on file handlin. how do i make all this info available to my league members?I have a free xdrive account from aol, that a good way tohandle it?

also, can still not get autoface tto load photos, have them in right folder, same as aulogo, which works fine, but photos do not load. am using IE to load tghe program, select league, click photos after setting 1st tov 1925 and last to 1940, runs but no phoptos?????

thank yoyu for any help you may be able to give me.

http://www.soxxcountry.com/ site with FaceGen Central and Duffys Tavern Live OOTP Chat Room
Old 09-30-2006, 04:41 PM   #87
Comedian2004
Hall Of Famer

Most of my utilties are designed for the solo player. Most of the utilties require a CSV dump, and this is not available for the GMs of a team in an online league. AUDraft however does create HTML files that can be put online. Some of the other programs do create HTML files that can also be put online.

Look in the AU2006 folder for any HTML files are running my programs. Those HTML files can easily be added to the root of the HTML folder and uploaded to your server. Of course, a link page will have to be created so they know where to look for the information. This would require some HTML knowledge.

Later on, I will be writing AUHtml, which will do more stuff that you are looking for, creating interesting HTML reports and indexes to make it easy for the leagues to see this information.

One thing I would suggest, is after you create the OOTP generated league files and have copied any HTMLs that my program created over to the HTML folder, you load in the INDEX.HTML file into a HTML editor and manually add the links to my HTMLs. Career ending injuries, injuryReport and a couple of other ones create reports.

Quote:
Larry, intend using autoface, aulogo, aureports, auammies, auinjuryreports, aulineup, audraft, and auhistory2 as well as the ualmanac you outlined in my online historical league. My question is likely dumb, but am not very knowledgable on file handlin. how do i make all this info available to my league members?I have a free xdrive account from aol, that a good way tohandle it?

also, can still not get autoface tto load photos, have them in right folder, same as aulogo, which works fine, but photos do not load. am using IE to load tghe program, select league, click photos after setting 1st tov 1925 and last to 1940, runs but no phoptos?????

thank yoyu for any help you may be able to give me.
Old 10-01-2006, 02:04 AM   #88
kagnew35
All Star Starter

Rating scales

Larry, what kind of rating scales are you using. In aureports I get ratings of up to 2000??? Also when I load a team and go to the 1st column player characteristics, I get all players in league.

Old 10-01-2006, 02:12 AM   #89
kagnew35
All Star Starter

AU ideas

1. Audraft does not seem to give us a way to evaluste a trade as we make it. ie, evaluating possible trades. Possibly some kind of grid with all involved players listed and a way of evaluation???? Owner access for online leagues.

2. A financial report of team salary AND contract information. ie, length, options if any. all on just one page. This one for online leagues so need owner access if possible.

Old 10-03-2006, 05:58 PM   #90
kagnew35
All Star Starter

Spring Training Utility

Is it possible to do something that will give us stats from spring training? In a couple of test leagues, have never seen any stats form ST. Did I miss something or is ST just eyewash?

Old 10-03-2006, 09:13 PM   #91
Comedian2004
Hall Of Famer

ST stats are available during the season, but not career ST stats. That will be possible with my AUAlmanac program. I already have career All-star stats in that one.

Quote:
Is it possible to do something that will give us stats from spring training? In a couple of test leagues, have never seen any stats form ST. Did I miss something or is ST just eyewash?
Old 10-12-2006, 10:41 PM   #92
kagnew35
All Star Starter

Newspaper utility

Larry, as i requested earlier, ias it possible to create a utility to make a newspaper template that lg commissionrs can easily add "news releases, stories and box scores to??? Something that can be named by commish's.

Old 10-16-2006, 04:11 PM   #93
molarmite
Hall Of Famer

I'm not sure if you've done this, but is it possible to create a utility that tracks the longest hitting streaks in the league current, and throughout your league's history and displays all of them in order?

"Now all you need is a signature. A quote or initial, perhaps."

[
molarmite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 05:09 PM   #94
kagnew35
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by molarmite View Post
I'm not sure if you've done this, but is it possible to create a utility that tracks the longest hitting streaks in the league current, and throughout your league's history and displays all of them in order?

Doesn't AUStreaks do this?

Old 10-19-2006, 09:48 AM   #95
battists
Hall Of Famer

Finally and deservedly stickied.
battists is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 07:35 PM   #96
Comedian2004
Hall Of Famer

Thank you for the stickey!

AuPHOTO2 - Early release:

http://www.planetootp.com/AUPhoto2/default.htm

Re-Written from the ground up.

Faster and soon to be improved than the 1st version.

Install it, select your league and select the location of the photos (C:/AU2006/PHOTOS is the default)

Click on start and you get a summary, select the starting and ending year, then click on ADD PHOTOS and watch it work.

Optionally click on ADD FAKE PHOTOS for PLAYERS WITH NO REAL PHOTOS

NOTES:

This version looks in the 1871, 1872, etc. folders for JPG files matching the players name. If a match is found, it is copied over in that format. firstname_lastname. If no match is found, it then looks in the PHOTOS/RANDOM folder and randomly grabs one and copies it over in the format of PLAYER_PLAYERID.JPG

Coming soon:

Custom search folders
Lang Folders (i.e. Japan folder, Taiwan folder, etc.)
Google searches
Support for PNG
And more stuff
Old 10-25-2006, 07:24 PM   #97
kagnew35
All Star Starter

Any movement on your AUhtml program? How bout my request for a financial page?, PBP module? What are you doing with all your free time, get to work

Old 10-28-2006, 12:52 PM   #98
Recte44
Global Moderator

Larry, do you have a webpage that lists all of your utilities and what they do for easy reading?
Old 10-28-2006, 01:27 PM   #99
kagnew35
All Star Starter

Larry's main page for the utilities is http://www.planetootp.com/

Old 11-06-2006, 12:01 AM   #100
Bonedwarf
All Star Starter

Holy crap, you finally got a sticky Larry! WOO!
Bonedwarf is offline   Reply With Quote