Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Database Tools
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP Mods - Database Tools Do you need to take a dump? SQL gurus welcome

Old 06-29-2006, 04:33 PM   #61
Eric
All Star Starter

One thing that is lacking in the regular reports is Inherited Runners/Inherited Runners Scored. It only shows up in the box scores but not the sortable stats. Can this be added to the utilities?
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 04:38 PM   #62
Comedian2004
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric
One thing that is lacking in the regular reports is Inherited Runners/Inherited Runners Scored. It only shows up in the box scores but not the sortable stats. Can this be added to the utilities?
Yes, but I need them to add an almanac function, as box scores disappear after each season.
Old 06-29-2006, 04:41 PM   #63
Comedian2004
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by f.montoya
Back to the CEI...

04/02/1975 Chicago White Sox: J. Rice was injured in a collision at a base. The Diagnosis: Blurred Vision.

Looks like someone other than Jim Rice had blurred vision.
Not MY bug!! LOL!
Old 07-01-2006, 01:30 AM   #64
Comedian2004
Hall Of Famer

Well, they added a nohitter list, 3+ homeruns, etc..

Take that out of my util!
Old 07-01-2006, 01:25 PM   #65
gbmoore121
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comedian2004
Well, they added a nohitter list, 3+ homeruns, etc..

Take that out of my util!
I think yours would still have value. The info will probably be added in different ways. I doubt that theirs would add that info if it already occured....just going forward. Please keep it in.
gbmoore121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 09:42 PM   #66
Comedian2004
Hall Of Famer

I started to work on HOF Points. This is a system that I developed that looks at a player's career stats and gives points on different things, i.e.

> 2000 hits = 5 points
> 2500 hits = 5 points
etc.

> 400 SB-CS = 5 points...

Stuff I add points for are average, hits, doubles, triples, home runs, rbis, runs, walks, hbp, sf, sh, sb (take away cs), gold gloves, mvp awards, top 10 appearances.

I started the coding, but the past couple weeks, the dump has been changing from build to build, so I really need to wait until the patch is out before I can release anything. I hope to have something a couple weeks after the patch.

One problem is with long leagues. My1952-1976 league had 8400 players. In the dump, every season has 3 lines for each player.

So, player 1 would be dumped as shown:

1952: vs. lhp
1953: vs. rhp
1954: total

So let's say that I have 8400 players and each player lasted 10 years, that would be 8400*3*10 lines that have to be read in. That takes time. Plus, they have to be tallied and the math done.

So, I will be coding it so that once a player is read in, it will check his retired field. If he is retired, it will then write his total stats and his hof points will be written to a new file.

So, when you run it the 2nd time, it will read through the player file and skip over the players that are already done.

I also do not have the field listings, as they say I will have that soon. So, a lot of the information is useless at this point. For instance the leaderboard section has a category field. This has a number in it, meaning what category it is, i.e. doubles, homeruns, wins, etc. It would take me a LONG time to figure out what each one is. I am also discovering a few missing fields, and hopefully they will fix that before the patch.
Old 07-04-2006, 09:44 PM   #67
Comedian2004
Hall Of Famer

Once the new patch comes out, please feel free to suggest what you need my program to do. I will try to do whatever is needed. I can be pretty clever in doing some things, so feel free to suggest anything, no matter how bizarre.
Old 07-06-2006, 11:51 AM   #68
Comedian2004
Hall Of Famer

OK, what a neat routine I wrote today.

You run my program, pick your league.

You then select PLAYERS PHOTOS and here is what it does:

You specify a decade to use. I.E. 1950

The program then looks at each player in the league and checks for an existing photo in the saved folder first. If it exists, then it skips it, if it does not exist, it then searches through WrightWing's photo collection for it. If it finds a match, it copies it over to the correct folder. If it does not, it creates a list of players with no photos and their ID number.

Once I get a collection of no-names to use, it could optionally copy over random pictures to make sure you have a picture for every player.

It took my program 2 minutes to do my 1957 league.
Old 07-07-2006, 09:34 PM   #69
Comedian2004
Hall Of Famer

Modified the routine.

I started thinking. OK, let's say that I let you specify the starting year and the ending year.

Example. I have a league that started in 1920. It is currently in year 1962.

That is 42 years of simulation. Now, if I manually wanted to add the photos, I would have to copy over all the JPGs from each folder from 1920 to 1962, actually, I would have to go a few years before 1920 to cover those people.

So, you run my program and you specify year 1920 as the starting year and 1962 as the end year.

It then looks at each player, one at a time and then searches for him in each folder, starting at 1920. When it finds a match, based on his name, it then copies his JPG over to the HTML/IMAGES folder and moves to the next player.

It also records a list of all players that it could not find photos for, with their player ID.

i.e.

Joe Dishwasher (181)
Ben Dover (2112)

In my example league, it took about 2 minutes to go through every player and copy them over. I then had over 3400 photos of players.

Now, lets say I sim 1962 and I have the draft. I can then run the program again and specify 1960 as the starting year and 1963 as the ending year. (You want to add a few years to cover any players placed in the wrong folder). It will then add the newly drafted players photos.

OK, now I run the sim to 1975. I run it again and specify 1960 to 1980 and those players are added.

Now, the next step, when I get a collection of at least 10,000 no-name players, is to have it copy over the no-names to the folder. But, it would retain their user number for the photo. So, instead of Joe_Dishwasher.jpg, he would be player_181.jpg (have to check the format). But this would make it easier to replace photos when you find one that is correct or you just do not like a players photo.

So, if later on, I find the correct picture of Mr. Dishwasher, and lets say his first year was 1975, I would put him in the 1970 folder and run it again.

The plan behind this routine is to generate a photo for every player in the league in a matter of minutes.

You could even do this. Create a fictional league. Add a few historical players and run the program and since it would not find matches for the players, it would then copy over fake pictures for every player, yet the few historicals you have would also be correct. As an added bonus, if a fictional player had a real players name, he would get his photo.

I need a collection of fictional players!!
Old 07-09-2006, 10:53 PM   #70
cibl commish
All Star Reserve

Love the idea of getting the photos in there.. sounds awesome!
Old 07-10-2006, 01:53 AM   #71
Comedian2004
Hall Of Famer

Check out the PHOTO section of the mod forum for the release of Autoface.
Old 08-06-2006, 09:48 AM   #72
orwell
Major Leagues

These all seem excellent I have a question, and didn't see it asked before so I'm sure it's something I'm doing. When I run the trades utility I always receive the message "you must first do a CSV dump from the game" even though I've already done that. It won't go beyond that point. Could someone advise me what the issue is?

Thanks.
Old 08-06-2006, 11:22 AM   #73
Comedian2004
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by orwell
These all seem excellent I have a question, and didn't see it asked before so I'm sure it's something I'm doing. When I run the trades utility I always receive the message "you must first do a CSV dump from the game" even though I've already done that. It won't go beyond that point. Could someone advise me what the issue is?

Thanks.
This means that it is looking for one of the CSV files and cannot find it. Make sure you have done a dump for that league.

Are any of my other programs working?
Old 08-06-2006, 12:46 PM   #74
orwell
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comedian2004
This means that it is looking for one of the CSV files and cannot find it. Make sure you have done a dump for that league.

Are any of my other programs working?
Not really - I am getting an unhandled exception error with the trade utility now and with the injury program the error finding the file. I did the "path.txt" file to your program's folder as you mentioned in another thread.

Thanks for responding.

I did do a .csv dump for the league.
Old 09-07-2006, 05:32 PM   #75
mbaehr
Bat Boy

Question AUBox update

Is there still plans to relase this as a utility,I haven't seen any recent updates on this
mbaehr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 07:15 PM   #76
kagnew35
All Star Starter

Use in nline leagues

How are online leagues ffwected by use iof all the utilities. fotr example can I as commish use autoface and auto logo to set up a lweague and then just export lg file and have all the info for ownere?
How bout autoreports, cn that also be part of lg file and how big will the file become?

http://www.soxxcountry.com/ site with FaceGen Central and Duffys Tavern Live OOTP Chat Room
kagnew35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 09:22 PM   #77
Raidergoo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagnew35
How are online leagues ffwected by use iof all the utilities.

They are affected severly. A team owner is restricted from performing a database dump. The database dump can only be done by a commish. This was done to keep enterprising online GM's from spying on other teams via a dump.

This is now a clear problem.
Raidergoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 11:42 PM   #78
kagnew35
All Star Starter

Thanks, raider, but my question was not bout owners so much as for commish to use them to set up league and make some of them part of league file.

http://www.soxxcountry.com/ site with FaceGen Central and Duffys Tavern Live OOTP Chat Room
Old 09-16-2006, 11:55 PM   #79
Raidergoo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagnew35
Thanks, raider, but my question was not bout owners so much as for commish to use them to set up league and make some of them part of league file.
As I understand it, a commish can pull a database dump and use all the utilities as desired. I'll see if the Beta League commish can verify this.
Raidergoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 03:35 PM   #80
kagnew35
All Star Starter

csv dump

Larry, on your site you have very good readmes on autoface and autologo, but not for any of the others. Is it posssible to add one for each utility? I know ther are directions on them in their threads but are scattered and piecemeal so would really be a big plus to have them centrally located. How many require a csv dump, which ones can commish allow owners in online leagues to use on their own?

Hve run autologo, very nice.