Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP Hotfix 21.1.33 - OOTP 21 Available - FHM 6 Available

OOTP Baseball 21 Available Now!

  

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - General Discussions

OOTP 16 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2015 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-18-2015, 07:10 PM   #1
Gai1997
Major Leagues
 
Gai1997's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 370
Thanks: 280
Thanked 148x in 99 posts
How to stop Expansion

My league expanded without me wanting it to, forgot to turn off the setting.

I've deleted the teams but the protection lists and draft is still on. How do I get rid of it all?
Gai1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 07:30 PM   #2
Shadoshryke
Minors (Single A)
 
Shadoshryke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Global Resident
Posts: 71
Thanks: 55
Thanked 15x in 12 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gai1997 View Post
My league expanded without me wanting it to, forgot to turn off the setting.

I've deleted the teams but the protection lists and draft is still on. How do I get rid of it all?

Game Settings - > League Settings ->Options -> Dynamically Evolving League

Uncheck the "Enable Automatic Evolution".
Shadoshryke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 07:32 PM   #3
Gai1997
Major Leagues
 
Gai1997's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 370
Thanks: 280
Thanked 148x in 99 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadoshryke View Post
Game Settings - > League Settings ->Options -> Dynamically Evolving League

Uncheck the "Enable Automatic Evolution".
It's already done though. I know how to disable it from evolving, I just forgot to do it. However, now it has evolved to expand and it's already done. I need to stop it.
Gai1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 08:07 PM   #4
Gai1997
Major Leagues
 
Gai1997's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 370
Thanks: 280
Thanked 148x in 99 posts
Bump
Gai1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 08:11 PM   #5
redsox19934
Minors (Double A)
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 105
Thanks: 8
Thanked 20x in 11 posts
Delete the teams/relocate the teams that have moved manually. Game Settings -- League Settings --- Sub heading, league & teams --- Edit league structure.
redsox19934 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
Shadoshryke (04-18-2015)
Old 04-18-2015, 08:20 PM   #6
Shadoshryke
Minors (Single A)
 
Shadoshryke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Global Resident
Posts: 71
Thanks: 55
Thanked 15x in 12 posts
The only way out after the fact is the long process. Unless you have a backup save from a previous time. I tend to make a backup copy of the save game after each season before the playoff's begin just in case something like this happens and I don't like the results.
Shadoshryke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 08:24 PM   #7
Gai1997
Major Leagues
 
Gai1997's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 370
Thanks: 280
Thanked 148x in 99 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox19934 View Post
Delete the teams/relocate the teams that have moved manually. Game Settings -- League Settings --- Sub heading, league & teams --- Edit league structure.
Done, but the draft is still on.
Gai1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 09:15 PM   #8
ra7c7er
All Star Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 1,101
Thanks: 100
Thanked 441x in 284 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gai1997 View Post
Done, but the draft is still on.
You're going to have to see what happens. If their isn't any teams to draft one of two things will happen. The league will error and you won't be able to do anything or two nothing the day just goes by.
ra7c7er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 01:26 AM   #9
Ncquake25
Bat Boy
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gai1997 View Post
Done, but the draft is still on.
Go into Commisioner mode. Go to the league events tab under MLB News and delete the expansion draft and protection list events.
Ncquake25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 11:25 AM   #10
IsaacR
Major Leagues
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Bowie, Maryland
Posts: 464
Thanks: 128
Thanked 132x in 97 posts
Just sim through. It'll clear out on it's own, and nothing will happen.
IsaacR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 07:04 PM   #11
Fundy
Bat Boy
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 6
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Playing OOTP 20, was using the following setup:

Game Settings, League Settings, Options tab - had ENABLE AUTOMATIC EVOLUTION OF THE LEAGUE set to CHECKED, with only MORE/LESS OFFENSE and MORE/LESS PITCHING set to CHECKED. All other possibilities were UNCHECKED.

After first round of playoffs, I was notified of upcoming expansion draft etc. I looked at settings, expansion was somehow turned on. I exited game without saving, went back to latest save (late September of that year), looked at settings, they were done as described above (no expansion), simmed to after first round of playoffs and the expansion settings somehow get turned on. I turned them off, simmed ahead slightly, and get notified of upcoming expansion. I'm pretty lost here, not sure why this is happening. Is there another setting somewhere?

Last edited by Fundy; 01-04-2020 at 07:05 PM.
Fundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 02:06 PM   #12
Fundy
Bat Boy
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 6
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundy View Post
Playing OOTP 20, was using the following setup:

Game Settings, League Settings, Options tab - had ENABLE AUTOMATIC EVOLUTION OF THE LEAGUE set to CHECKED, with only MORE/LESS OFFENSE and MORE/LESS PITCHING set to CHECKED. All other possibilities were UNCHECKED.

After first round of playoffs, I was notified of upcoming expansion draft etc. I looked at settings, expansion was somehow turned on. I exited game without saving, went back to latest save (late September of that year), looked at settings, they were done as described above (no expansion), simmed to after first round of playoffs and the expansion settings somehow get turned on. I turned them off, simmed ahead slightly, and get notified of upcoming expansion. I'm pretty lost here, not sure why this is happening. Is there another setting somewhere?
Heh, nevermind. Apparently the game created expansion teams for an independent league, not MLB. Not sure why it had to notify me of this via red exclamation mark etc.
Fundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:19 AM.

 

Major League and Minor League Baseball trademarks and copyrights are used with permission of Major League Baseball. Visit MLB.com and MiLB.com.

Officially Licensed Product – MLB Players, Inc.

Out of the Park Baseball is a registered trademark of Out of the Park Developments GmbH & Co. KG

Google Play is a trademark of Google Inc.

Apple, iPhone, iPod touch and iPad are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.

COPYRIGHT © 2020 OUT OF THE PARK DEVELOPMENTS. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

 

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © 2020 Out of the Park Developments