Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support Do you have a copy of OOTP Baseball 2006? Are you in need of help and assistance in running the game or do you have errors that you need help in resolving? This is your place!

Old 08-25-2003, 06:23 PM   #1
Leon399
Bat Boy

All of a sudden...reboots & reboots

Please..I'm looking for any suggestions as to why all of a sudden (Have played on and off for a few months with zero trouble) OOTP5 (I have all the updqate patches) now wants to reboot my computer everytime I try and play. It seems to be a random type of thing meaning that it can happen at just about any time while I have the game loaded. It has happened when playing and it has happened while in league setup and it has happened in other areas of game. With no seeming pattern or cause. I am running Windows XP and have 256k in memory and plenty of hard drive space.

I have tried everything....Closing all other programs...veriying I have the correct DirectX..uninstalling both the game and the elicense and then reinstalling both......but now I am at wits end. Why all of a sudden? I would imagine it is something in my system as the game once worked fine..so where should I look? What would cause this to start and even still continue after I had done full uninstall/reinstall's? Please..Please...anyhelp or suggestions appreciated...

Last edited by Leon399; 08-25-2003 at 06:31 PM.
Leon399 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2003, 06:40 AM   #2
cooper_gd
All Star Starter

Does it happen during anything else? Are you just booting up and playing OOTP? It sounds a little like the virus that was going around the week before last.
Old 08-26-2003, 06:43 AM   #3
cooper_gd
All Star Starter

Here is a thread on this board in regard to it.
Old 08-26-2003, 08:17 AM   #4
Leon399
Bat Boy

Nope..Not virus..

Thanks for reply..but no it's not a virus. I was lucky enough not to get it as I have a firewall that blocked it....though I did spend a better portion of that week fixing everyone I know's machines! LOL...

Ya..It seems to be just a OOTP thing....no other game or app does it...so I am stuck.
Old 08-26-2003, 08:44 AM   #5
cooper_gd
All Star Starter

Maybe you can try d/l an older version and manually updating it... or going ahead and applying the update patch to the already updated version.

Have you tried re-d/l the whole install? Maybe the install file you have was corrupted during transmit.

Uninstall and re-install in a completely new directory or even a different HD?

Someone with more tech knowledge of the game will be better than I from this point. That is very strange.
Old 08-26-2003, 09:32 AM   #6
Leon399
Bat Boy

We think alike...

Thanks again for the replies..... I have tried just about everything you mentioned. I uninstalled both the game and the elicense, and then reinstalled them...Maybe I didn't wipe everything out completely though....I tried different drive....I have my original game file so I installed that and did the updates one by one (Though I doubt this was really necessary) and still the same. My guess is it has something to do with my system cause the game ran fine for months...but I just don't know what.

Maybe someone out there can tell me how to completely wipe out the game and the elicense (Including anything hanging in the registry) so I can try this totally from scratch knowing it is going to be a total clean install.

Thanks again.
Old 08-27-2003, 11:12 PM   #7
Fearbobafett
Minors (Single A)

I recently had this problem. Turned off the 3-D graphics, which I forgot about after I got the virus and it had to re-install. Turning off the 3-D graphics did the trick for me. Haven't had a problem since. The game is actually running much faster for me also.

Chicago Cubs 1928-Present
Fearbobafett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2003, 05:22 AM   #8
Leon399
Bat Boy

Where?

Thanks for reply..where do I find the 3D graphics option? I'll turn it off and see if it helps me..!
Old 08-28-2003, 06:13 AM   #9
Steve Kuffrey
Administrator

Graphics config. file inside the OOTP5 folder.
Baseball Maelstrom-Montreal Expos-2013 Tourney winner, 2014 WC Team
Sparky's League - Tampa Bay D'Rays
Epicenter Baseball League - Astros 2014
The CBL Rewind - Phillies '95
Steve Kuffrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2003, 09:22 AM   #10
Leon399
Bat Boy

I think we have a winner.....

My thanks to one and all who pitched in. I used the suggestion posted this morning about the 3D graphics setting and have been up with the game for a couple hours now and no reboot.. It seems to have solved the problem.

Thanks again for all the help and advice.

Peace..