Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 4 > FHM 4 - Suggestions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

FHM 4 - Suggestions Do you have suggestions / ideas for future FHM version? Please tell us about it here.

Old 05-22-2016, 06:35 PM   #1
oriolesmeep
Minors (Double A)

My 11 Suggestions

I'm really happy with FHM2. I spend a lot of hours at night playing this and it definitely was worth the money. I'm in a 30-team online league, the iNHL, GM of the iSharks, and I absolutely love being in this league. That said, a few fixes I think would be great to see in FHM3.

1. Realistic Penalties: One thing I would love to see in FHM3 is realistic penalties. It kind of ruins the immersion level when I'm watching a game and see a goaltender interference penalty while the puck is at center ice. If there's any way to code into the game more realistic penalties, please do.
2. Aging: Additionally, the way players rapidly decline after age 30 seems like something that should be fixed. Not everyone is a Jagr, but it would be nice for the next Jagr to be possible in our games.
3. Trading Logic: Trading logic needs some fixes. My biggest complaint is that when negotiating a trade, a team won't give me a 3rd round pick, but happily gives me a 4th, 5th, 6th, and 7th, plus a 4th for next year. This seems somewhat unrealistic.
4. Contradictory Scouting Reports: Scouting reports seem contradictory at times. Since that's our only way of telling a player's hidden attributes, getting more clarity in scouting reports would be spectacular.
5. Expansion: Couple of problems with expansion. One, the expansion draft happens after the entry draft, which shouldn't be the case. Also, being able to add only 1 team and to realign divisions would be great. I haven't really messed around with expansion because of that, but in my online league that plans on expanding soon it would be great.
6. Drafting Suggestions: During the draft, it would be great to be able to ask our scouts for their suggestions on who to pick. This would be more useful in later rounds when numerous players have similar ability/potentials and all players might not be scouted to an A level.
7. Perfect Scouting: Just as an option when creating a game. Some of us don't have the time to hire bunches of scouts. Giving teams all perfect scouting on all players would be an option. Also, in online leagues, incoming GMs are faced with a bare scouting and coaching pool, and are at a disadvantage as a result.
8. 7-day/7-game lineups: This is mainly for online leagues. If we have short-term injuries/goalie changes in online leagues, the only way to get the correct players into the lineup is to ask the commissioner to do it. When 30 teams all are asking for mid-sim lineup changes, it becomes a burden on the commish. It would be nice to have 7-day or 7-game lineups to set and take that burden off the commish. Also in this sense - ability to edit depth charts and have them automatically sub-in for injured players.
9. Real-Time Sim: I love playing around with this option in OOTP, it would be nice to see this in FHM3 or other future editions.
10. Shop a Player: I use this a lot in OOTP, it would be nice to see if this could work its way into FHM.
11. Check Boxes: Finally, check boxes next to player names on roster/search screens would be great. It's a little frustrating to have to move players 1 by 1, especially when setting your rosters for a new season.
oriolesmeep is offline   Reply With Quote