Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Database Tools
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP Mods - Database Tools Do you need to take a dump? SQL gurus welcome

Old 03-28-2015, 01:21 AM   #1
skyballer455
All Star Reserve

18 yr old Rookies Database?

Here is a quote from the first post of George_Bell's excellent thread "MLB Replay....A new History":

Quote:
So, I'm using the Sprite/Gambo database (i think that's what it's called) which I believe allows players to enter the league around 18 [years old].
I downloaded the "Gambo/Spritze DB for OOTP 14 (Corrected)" database from ootpmods.com, thinking that that was the database he was talking about. Just as he did, I started in 1901. To make a long story short, by the time the draft rolled around, I looked at the draft pool. Let me just say their ages were all over the place.

So which database WAS he talking about? I would really appreciate some help with this.

Thanks in advance.
skyballer455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 05:55 AM   #2
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyballer455 View Post
Here is a quote from the first post of George_Bell's excellent thread "MLB Replay....A new History":

I downloaded the "Gambo/Spritze DB for OOTP 14 (Corrected)" database from ootpmods.com, thinking that that was the database he was talking about. Just as he did, I started in 1901. To make a long story short, by the time the draft rolled around, I looked at the draft pool. Let me just say their ages were all over the place.

So which database WAS he talking about? I would really appreciate some help with this.

Thanks in advance.
PM Spritze or post in his thread, he has a newish DB that is better then the one you posted. 2. Did you point to that DB when you set up your league? Some players might be older or younger then 18 depending on when they were signed/drafted. Cobb comes in at 16 I believe.
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 10:43 AM   #3
jazzrack
Hall Of Famer

OOTP Community Wiki | Spritze's db vs Spritze-Gambo

OOTP Community Wiki | Spritze's db for OOTP14

OOTP Community Wiki | Spritze's-Gambo db for OOTP14

spritze updates his DB quite often, so you'll need to ask around for the newest copy

and I believe gambo has discontinued development of his. but don't quote me on that

Was once Head Cheese of Corporate League Baseball

Last edited by jazzrack; 03-28-2015 at 10:45 AM.
jazzrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 11:00 AM   #4
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

The Gambo version of my database is different than mine in more ways than a lot. I don't really know what they are other than he has removed many players and it has not been updated in a few years.

The "real" Spritze database updates regularly and begins most players baseball careers at age 18 or sooner if their real career began sooner. It includes many negro, cuban, japanese, korean and minor league players left out of OOTP's Lahman based database.

OOTP's built in database only begins a players career when a player has already reached the majors. The Spritze db begins when a player likely could have chosen to go to college, play minor league ball or what have you. It is a database meant to be used with a draft. This database is not yet completed but 1853-1910, 1941-1974 are fairly complete in the latest not yet released version and I add a few real players seasons every day. The years not done yet use a plethera of formulas to fill in the missing information until I get around to replacing the guesses with the real thing. It includes a players entire real minor league career and stats as well as negro, cuban, japanese and korean career and stats.
Old 03-28-2015, 02:01 PM   #5
skyballer455
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spritze View Post
The Gambo version of my database is different than mine in more ways than a lot. I don't really know what they are other than he has removed many players and it has not been updated in a few years.

The "real" Spritze database updates regularly and begins most players baseball careers at age 18 or sooner if their real career began sooner. It includes many negro, cuban, japanese, korean and minor league players left out of OOTP's Lahman based database.

OOTP's built in database only begins a players career when a player has already reached the majors. The Spritze db begins when a player likely could have chosen to go to college, play minor league ball or what have you. It is a database meant to be used with a draft. This database is not yet completed but 1853-1910, 1941-1974 are fairly complete in the latest not yet released version and I add a few real players seasons every day. The years not done yet use a plethera of formulas to fill in the missing information until I get around to replacing the guesses with the real thing. It includes a players entire real minor league career and stats as well as negro, cuban, japanese and korean career and stats.
Thanks for the info.

So, can I have the latest version, pretty please?
Old 03-28-2015, 02:41 PM   #6
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Not available yet.... I am adding the missing things that should make it work for random play with OOTP16. Should be done in a week or two.
Old 03-28-2015, 03:03 PM   #7
skyballer455
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Not available yet.... I am adding the missing things that should make it work for random play with OOTP16. Should be done in a week or two.
Lol, I meant the latest version that I can use while I wait for that one to come out.

Thanks for the info though.
Old 03-28-2015, 06:16 PM   #8
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

the link is deliniated in both of the Spritze database posts.
Old 03-28-2015, 06:30 PM   #9
skyballer455
All Star Reserve

Quote:
the link is deliniated in both of the Spritze database posts.
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but where would those be?
Old 03-29-2015, 12:45 AM   #10
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Oddly enough the threads are housed in the OOTP Mods - Database Tools forum.

The one you are posting in.