Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - General Discussions

OOTP 15 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2014 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 10-05-2014, 03:18 PM   #401
asheft
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukasberger View Post
Gave them both poor ratings there, since they don't play those spots much.

Arias needed a boost at SS and 3B as well since he plays both those spots regularly but was rated poorly at both spots.
Well, Ishikawa is the Giants starting left fielder now... I agree about Arias though (both parts). One more thing, it seems like Bumgarner should maybe have a power rating higher than 25/80...

Last edited by asheft; 10-05-2014 at 03:19 PM.
asheft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 03:21 PM   #402
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by asheft View Post
Well, Ishikawa is the Giants starting left fielder now... I agree about Arias though (both parts).
The thing is, he's only played 8 MLB games in LF and 25 MiLB games there in his long career.

Honestly it's borderline as to whether he should be rated at all in LF at this point imo.

If he plays there long term and doesn't descend to Lucas Duda type fielding levels we'll give him a boost, but as of now he's really just a 1B who happens to be playing LF in a couple games.

Last edited by Lukas Berger; 10-05-2014 at 03:25 PM.
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 03:22 PM   #403
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by asheft View Post
One more thing, it seems like Bumgarner should maybe have a power rating higher than 25/80...
I'd agree with that. The pitchers batting ratings aren't something we spend much time with...
Old 10-05-2014, 03:22 PM   #404
asheft
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
The thing is, he's only played 8 MLB games in LF though and 25 MiLB games there in his long career.

Honestly it's borderline as to whether he should be rated at all in LF at this point imo.

If he plays there long term and doesn't descend to Lucas Duda type fielding levels we'll give him a boost, but as of now he's really just a 1B who happens to be playing LF in a couple games.
Okay, fair enough.
asheft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 06:54 PM   #405
mdtwnkfey
Major Leagues

Lenin Rodriguez, a catcher in the international amateur FA pool, is listed as 28 years old. OF Jonathan Amundaray is listed as 24. MR Huascar Ynoa listed at 27. OF Juan Evangelista at 23.

All were listed as 16 when they were signed this year. Can't find an exact birthdate on them though...

Last edited by mdtwnkfey; 10-05-2014 at 07:09 PM.
mdtwnkfey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 07:15 PM   #406
mpejkrm
All Star Reserve

Their exact birthdates are on BA. I'll pull them up when I get home, but I noticed that problem too. Adrian Rondon was also older than he actually is.
mpejkrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 07:23 PM   #407
haveband
All Star Reserve

Quote:
I'd agree with that. The pitchers batting ratings aren't something we spend much time with...
That's definitely going to change with next years version.

hb
haveband is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 07:26 PM   #408
haveband
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdtwnkfey View Post
Lenin Rodriguez, a catcher in the international amateur FA pool, is listed as 28 years old. OF Jonathan Amundaray is listed as 24. MR Huascar Ynoa listed at 27. OF Juan Evangelista at 23.

All were listed as 16 when they were signed this year. Can't find an exact birthdate on them though...
You know, I noticed that too. All their DOBs are correct in our roster editor. I think the problem is, that each is actually on 15 years old the season begins. None of these players should even be eligible to sign until July 2nd anyway. This is something I need to talk with Markus about fixing.

hb
Old 10-05-2014, 07:37 PM   #409
mdtwnkfey
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by haveband View Post
You know, I noticed that too. All their DOBs are correct in our roster editor. I think the problem is, that each is actually on 15 years old the season begins. None of these players should even be eligible to sign until July 2nd anyway. This is something I need to talk with Markus about fixing.

hb
Yeah, I noticed some discussion about them online from before the signing period, around March of this past year about some of these players being 15.

Anyhow, if you or mpejkrm could post the correct birthdates for these guys and Adrian Rondon, that'd be awesome! Thanks.
mdtwnkfey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 10:17 PM   #410
mpejkrm
All Star Reserve

Alright, I started a new Major League 2014 game and found all the guys with issues, and, they all have their correct birthdays, the year is just wrong. All you need to do is adjust the year to make them 16.
mpejkrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 11:59 PM   #411
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by haveband View Post

hb
Yep, I just noticed that with some 2017 and 2018 draftees. I think anyone born in 1998 or later, the importer can't handle their dob and adds a random amount of years to it. We need to talk with Markus about that asap...

Last edited by Lukas Berger; 10-06-2014 at 12:01 AM.
Old 10-07-2014, 02:42 PM   #412
bwburke94
Hall Of Famer

The weird thing is, the player editor goes up to 1999 or 2000, so the importer shouldn't be having that problem.
bwburke94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 08:46 AM   #413
brettrankin
Minors (Single A)

How do we get 2014 Opening Day Roster now? When I start a new 2014 game, I am getting a mixture of Opening Day Rosters and Trade Deadline Rosters. For example...all the players traded during the season are now on their new team but some of the players lost to Waiver Wire Transactions are still on their old team. Secondly, the players who started the season on the DL are still listed as hurt. I would like to start a season with the true opening day rosters. Is that possible now?
brettrankin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 11:49 PM   #414
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

End of Season Rosters as of League Championship meaning the date would be 10-11.
Old 10-12-2014, 08:26 PM   #415
haveband
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by brettrankin View Post
How do we get 2014 Opening Day Roster now? When I start a new 2014 game, I am getting a mixture of Opening Day Rosters and Trade Deadline Rosters. For example...all the players traded during the season are now on their new team but some of the players lost to Waiver Wire Transactions are still on their old team. Secondly, the players who started the season on the DL are still listed as hurt. I would like to start a season with the true opening day rosters. Is that possible now?
Hey Brett,

Should have an answer for you by tomorrow or so.

hb
Old 01-30-2015, 10:27 PM   #416
Harry katz
Bat Boy

Juan Fuentes and Juan Fuente are listed as two different players in the game for the Houston Astros, however they are the same person and only Fuente actually exists.
Harry katz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 11:32 AM   #417
subtle
Minors (Single A)

On the whole, I'm really really disappointed in the defensive ratings in this version. I know the OP said not to post this, but it needs to be addressed.

Alex Gordon should not have nearly the best range of any outfielder in all of baseball. He would be a center fielder, not a left fielder, in real life if that were the case. Same goes for Heyward. Sure, either player could play a passable CF in real life but, according to these ratings, they would be the best center fielders in baseball with a little more experience there. Christian Yelich shouldn't have better range than Marcell Ozuna. Granted, Ozuna isn't a great center fielder, but Yelich would have been playing center field already if he had better tools to play center field.

In general, corner outfielders shouldn't have better defensive tools, on the whole, than center fielders unless you're comparing a few unique cases (like Inciarte and Parra who would make great center fielders). I'm not sure how the defensive ratings are constructed but I hope they're revisited for major league players before the next version. Updated roster sets are a big driver for why I buy OOTP.

Last edited by subtle; 04-09-2015 at 11:43 AM.
subtle is offline   Reply With Quote