Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 14 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2013 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 03-29-2014, 08:43 AM   #1
Leefoo
Major Leagues

Talent Change Randomness ratings

This was brought up in another thread.

I did a search in the Manual and found nothing on it???

I just have one quick question, because I wasn't quite clear....

It is set at 100 by default.

What does setting it at, say '175' do?
What does setting it at, say '50' do?

Thanks!

Foo
Leefoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 09:08 AM   #2
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Above 100 is an increase, below a decrease.

So if you set it to 175 there is much more chance of random talent changes occurring.

At 50 there's less chance.
Bluenoser is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 10:52 AM   #3
megamanmatt
Hall Of Famer

Setting it to 175 will increase the chances players gain stat boosts or drops by 75% while setting it to 50 will give you half as many stat changes.
"The Minneapolis Lakers moved to Los Angeles, where there are no lakes; The Oilers moved to Tennessee where there is no oil; the Jazz moved to Salt Lake City where they don't allow music; The Oakland Raiders moved to Los Angeles and then back to Oakland, no one in Los Angeles seemed to notice."

Note to self: Princess Kenny was really off-putting.
megamanmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 10:56 AM   #4
RchW
Hall Of Famer

What it will not do as claimed in that thread is alter the development curve. It doesn't affect stats. The effect on on talent may eventually show up in stat output, but that is not direct.

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit

Last edited by RchW; 03-29-2014 at 11:00 AM.
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 11:16 AM   #5
Leefoo
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenoser View Post
Above 100 is an increase, below a decrease.

So if you set it to 175 there is much more chance of random talent changes occurring.

At 50 there's less chance.
So....does this mean that there's more of a chance that my 20/75 pitcher will drop and more of a chance that my 20/20 will get better?

If so, I will probably leave it at 100.
Old 03-29-2014, 11:36 AM   #6
megamanmatt
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leefoo View Post
So....does this mean that there's more of a chance that my 20/75 pitcher will drop and more of a chance that my 20/20 will get better?

Yes and no. It's completely random so the players may not ever be affected at all and even when it does there is no way to predict which way, positive or negative, the drop will be.
"The Minneapolis Lakers moved to Los Angeles, where there are no lakes; The Oilers moved to Tennessee where there is no oil; the Jazz moved to Salt Lake City where they don't allow music; The Oakland Raiders moved to Los Angeles and then back to Oakland, no one in Los Angeles seemed to notice."

Old 03-29-2014, 11:54 AM   #7
megamanmatt
Hall Of Famer

Another thing to remember is you may not even notice the change in stats depending on how you're viewing the ratings. For most skill ratings the game works on a 1-250 scale I believe, so if you view the ratings 1-5 for instance you won't notice the change unless the change pushes the 1-250 scale into the range it would increase the 1-5 by a rating point.

Old 03-29-2014, 12:10 PM   #8
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

It's all about predictability, or when compared to RL, about luck. Try not to think about your 20/75 or 20/20 pitcher. Think about all players. All 20/75 players have a higher chance of developing than all 20/20 players. TCR reduces predictability or adds luck to the process of development and aging.

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 01:21 PM   #9
Leefoo
Major Leagues

THANKS to all...I think I will keep it at 100.
Old 04-21-2014, 06:47 PM   #10
SirMichaelJordan
Hall Of Famer

Talent Change Randomness ratings

Quote:

Late but I'll say its more of a chance that the 20/20 guy will get better rather than the 20/75 guy getting worst.

That have been my experience with the extreme setting of 200.

Now there are way more 1st round bust than with the default 100 but the most successful players still come from the 1st round and the higher end of the draft (if that makes sense) the talent is just more spread out meaning you will see all-star players that were drafted in the low end of the draft

but it wont be a rare case like it is on default, it will be common as it is in RL.

Last edited by SirMichaelJordan; 04-21-2014 at 06:49 PM.
SirMichaelJordan is offline   Reply With Quote