Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - General Discussions

OOTP 14 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2013 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 11-23-2013, 04:52 PM   #1
84Hammy
All Star Reserve

Jim Unkown Coaches

I am having a hard time with a league were every team in every level seems to have a Jim Unknown as a coach of some sort. When I turn coaches off and try to advance to the next week, the game crashes. I thought I could release them all and they let the AI fill them again, but it puts all the same coaches and Jim Unknowns right were they were. Anybody ever see this or know of a solution or work around?
84Hammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 05:35 PM   #2
Tyler87898
All Star Reserve

I've seen this only in online leagues, in which I've had to just redownload the file, but I've never seen it in single player.
Tyler87898 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 11:50 AM   #3
boshk
All Star Reserve

did your league run out of coaches? check your free agent coaches.
boshk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 11:58 AM   #4
beorn
All Star Starter

I've only seen Jim Unknown where a .dat file was missing (or corrupt). Any chance you copied the league folder to a new location and somehow missed a .dat file in the move?
beorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 12:05 PM   #5
84Hammy
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by beorn View Post
I've only seen Jim Unknown where a .dat file was missing (or corrupt). Any chance you copied the league folder to a new location and somehow missed a .dat file in the move?
I didn't move the file, but it had crashed before while I was simming for some history, which I think was my computer's fault for overheating...so my guess is there is like you said a corrupt .dat file somewhere. There are about 100 coaches in the available personnel, but they may be unsigned because teams want better coaches or the coaches themselves want to coach at higher levels. If that happened, likely the game just assigned unknowns to fill the void. I think that is what happened anyway.
Old 11-24-2013, 02:15 PM   #6
84Hammy
All Star Reserve

I ran another league 25 years to test it, and while I don't see any Jim Unknowns, there are some teams, especially in the minors and feeder leagues where there are empty coaching slots. I have never noticed this before, probably because I never thought to look. If anyone has the time to verify this, I would appreciate it.
Old 11-25-2013, 12:26 AM   #7
old timer
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84Hammy View Post
I didn't move the file, but it had crashed before while I was simming for some history, which I think was my computer's fault for overheating...so my guess is there is like you said a corrupt .dat file somewhere.
I too had this exact same thing happen in my league. Lots of Jim Unknowns filling coaching positions. If I tried to click on them, it would crash. So I did a RAM test after this and found out that one of my RAM modules had gone bad. Fortunately, I back up my league every few days so I only lost a day or two. Hopefully you had a backup too?

Coincidentally, this very same thing happened only two weeks later. Another RAM module had gone bad! The two modules that had gone bad (out of four) were both about 1.5 years old.
Old 11-25-2013, 02:13 PM   #8
84Hammy
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by old timer View Post
I too had this exact same thing happen in my league. Lots of Jim Unknowns filling coaching positions. If I tried to click on them, it would crash. So I did a RAM test after this and found out that one of my RAM modules had gone bad. Fortunately, I back up my league every few days so I only lost a day or two. Hopefully you had a backup too?

Coincidentally, this very same thing happened only two weeks later. Another RAM module had gone bad! The two modules that had gone bad (out of four) were both about 1.5 years old.
Yeah, I might have some dusty ram! As for backups, I didn't have a recent one, but that's okay, it gives me a reason to start something new.
Old 11-28-2013, 10:35 AM   #9
boshk
All Star Reserve

if you dont care about your coaches, try making a small new league. then delete all the coaches, owners, etc. save, and then put that coach.dat in your league with the errors. maybe that will help?
boshk is offline   Reply With Quote