Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - General Discussions

OOTP 14 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2013 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 07-03-2013, 11:43 PM   #141
skunkle333
All Star Reserve

That's correct. I'd like to see what is posted now in the normal setting but have the 'real' stats of the season you are actually replaying.

IMO that would be terrific! Looking forward to the additional pitch by pitch/play by play script!!

Such as:
Early Wynn
Stats W-L IP H ER BB K ERA
Season 7-3 79.0 79 42 37 56 4.78
Today 4.0 8 1 5 2
1959 22-10 255.2 202 119 179 3.17

RATINGS ...

Joe DeMastri SS
AB H HR RBI AVG OBP OPS
Season 164 43 2 23 .262 .305 .677
Today 2 1 0 0
1959 352 86 6 34 .244 .305

RATINGS ...
Crum. I knew they wouldn't line up. Oh well... : )

Take care Paul...

Don't forget to try PStrickert's great 1959 World Series Quickstart Mod for V12 & V11 !! At Padresfan's site.

Last edited by skunkle333; 07-03-2013 at 11:44 PM.
skunkle333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 01:50 PM   #142
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

Bad news, Jack. Not gonna happen. Markus doesn't think the value justifies the cost. If he was more interested in historicals, he might think differently. Oh, well.

As for the PbP, we will see some changes in the next patch. But not the one you and I had hoped for. "He's 1 for 2 so far... with 1 home run and 1 RBI..." is what we're stuck with. I pushed as hard as I could for more explicit previous at-bat info (e.g., "he's grounded out and struck out" or "he doubled his last time up" or "he's been on base twice with a single and a walk). But it's "too complicated" for the time being. It'll have to wait until a later version. (Sound familiar?)

Wish I had better news.
pstrickert is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 04:18 PM   #143
skunkle333
All Star Reserve

Disappointing but not too surprised. Although I was really hoping the extra detailed pbp you mentioned would be in.

The pbp is still good but certainly behind DMB. : )

You take care...

Don't forget to try PStrickert's great 1959 World Series Quickstart Mod for V12 & V11 !! At Padresfan's site.
skunkle333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 04:51 PM   #144
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

If you play out your games (game by game, inning by inning, pitch by pitch), you tend to notice where the PbP is redundant or stale. I'm not sure Markus plays out that many games on his own. I could be wrong, though. To his credit, he has made some nice changes (though it took an awful lot of pestering and, frankly, I'm exhausted).
Old 07-06-2013, 06:08 PM   #145
r0nster
Hall Of Famer

the one thing I have noticed when I play on one pitch mode is the runner on 2nd would advance to third when the ball is hit to the SS or 3Bman and would also tag up when a flyball is hit to left field (NOT when shallow) .... I have also seen a few times where the ball be flying to left field and the PNP would say fly ball to right .... Made me laugh thinking thats what Ucker would say ...

Also another idea would be is to include the announcers favorite sayings to add a bit of flavor to that but that soon would get old too eventually. I have other ideas too but all cosmetic and simple mentioned in suggestion and the Markus post that he back section too.
r0nster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 06:13 PM   #146
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecd1973 View Post
Does anybody have a general estimate on when the next update will be released?
April 2014
Well, the average OOTP user...downloads the game, manages his favorite team and that's it.
According to OOTP itself, OOTP MLB play (modern and historical) outnumbers OOTP fictional play three to one.

Five thousand thanks for a non-modder? I never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for your support.
The Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 11:57 AM   #147
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

I *LOVE* the new "maximum font" option.

Can you have it expand the "Scores and Schedule" screen so the pitching line is all on ONE line? There is TONS of room on this screen.

Yes I'm a neat freak!

MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 12:46 PM   #148
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

Not a bad idea, MizzouRah. I think a similar bug report is filed in the DB. My guess is that nothing will be done with it anytime soon. If it helps, keep in mind that we don't know everything that demands Markus' attention as CEO of OOTP Developments. Nor do we always know how his health is holding up. So, his time is probably much more limited than any of us realize. It just is what it is.
Old 07-07-2013, 01:24 PM   #149
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pstrickert View Post
Not a bad idea, MizzouRah. I think a similar bug report is filed in the DB. My guess is that nothing will be done with it anytime soon. If it helps, keep in mind that we don't know everything that demands Markus' attention as CEO of OOTP Developments. Nor do we always know how his health is holding up. So, his time is probably much more limited than any of us realize. It just is what it is.
As long as he knows about it.

I'm thinking that screen just needs to "resize" when the bigger fonts are selected.

I also think it does that "in game" as well, but haven't been able to test that yet.
Old 07-07-2013, 01:41 PM   #150
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

ver 14 takes high resolution monitors into consideration more than past versions. But, you're right, more can be done. (And I don't want to discourage filing bug reports or making suggestions. Keep 'em comin'!)
Old 07-07-2013, 01:54 PM   #151
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pstrickert View Post
ver 14 takes high resolution monitors into consideration more than past versions. But, you're right, more can be done. (And I don't want to discourage filing bug reports or making suggestions. Keep 'em comin'!)
Yeah, eventually I would like to see that particular screen expanded to show more information about each game - hot hitters, who's injured, etc..
Old 07-07-2013, 04:53 PM   #152
joeyjojojrshabadoo
Minors (Double A)

Will there be an All-Star Break discount as in years past?
joeyjojojrshabadoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 02:04 PM   #153
Operation Shutdown
All Star Reserve

It would be nice to add the ability to filter by sub-leagues so that we can view all players currently playing for teams under a specific sub-league.
In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti."
Operation Shutdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 01:38 AM   #154
Zweiblumen
Major Leagues

In player career stats: visual indication of league leading totals

Ok, I know I've asked for this before, probably a long time ago, but I think it would be really great if league leading stat items in player career stat views were set in bold font. Seeing at a glance that a player lead the league in some stat, or many stats, over his career is a wonderful way to quickly get an idea that he is dominant.

(Even more awesome would be additional indications for stats that set a record or are the current active record, progressive record information, basically, but honestly I'd be happy with the first item...)

I don't know how hard this would be to do (getting that info may slow down the stat table creation time, I'm guessing), but it would really increase my enjoyment of the game.
Zweiblumen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 01:59 PM   #155
byzeil
Hall Of Famer

I hadn't noted this user ODB72 asked in the forums. When I look at the Webreports for the two v14 leagues I am in and I look at my team's page with roster and stats on it under the pitchers only the starting pitchers are there then it goes on to catchers.

In v13 this happened if you didn't assign your relievers to specific roles in the pitching staff. In both of the v14 leagues I do have all my relievers assigned to specific roles and they are not there.
Attached Images
Image Image 

Last edited by byzeil; 07-13-2013 at 02:03 PM.
byzeil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 09:43 AM   #156
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenoser View Post
Markus - small request and certainly not priority, however would it be possible, on the reports home page, to add a link directly to the boxscore where it shows the results near bottom of page? (see red circled area in attached image)

_
Just noticed this in the latest beta patch.

Thank you very much.
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote