Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Online Leagues

Old 04-16-2013, 03:50 PM   #1
Isryion
Major Leagues

Play at the Plate (Modern Fictional) Openings

Play at the Plate is a modern fictional league wrapping up our fourth season and will be starting our fifth soon (setting/rules details below). We're going to be wrapping up the 2015 season in the next week-- we're currently in the playoffs.

We have two openings. One is for a current team, the Brooklyn Bombers. The Bombers are a middle of the road team with some solid young prospects. I'd say they aren't in a full rebuild situation but could use some love.

The second opening is for our last expansion slot which will take place after this season (about two months from now, when we move to 14). If you're interested in taking an expansion team, please get in touch and you can begin following the league as soon as you are ready.

A couple of other notes about the league. We'll be moving to OOTP 14 after the 2016 season (one more OOTP 13 season after the current one). Assuming we maintain the same pace we did last year, we go through 5 seasons a year. We have about half the league that regularly discusses each sim (and other topic) on the forums and trading, especially in the offseason, has been pretty active. We're hoping to get another GM who takes part and is active in those aspects of the online league.

PM or post here if you were interested!

League Info:
Full League Name (Initials): Play at the Plate Baseball (PATP)
Main URL: OOTPPATP
Reports URL: BNN Home Page
Boards URL: Play at the Plate Baseball • Index page
Commissioner(s) OOTP Forum Username(s): Alex
Email Address: Please PM me first!
OOTP Version: v13 -- moving to 14
Players: fictional
# of Teams: 20 (Brooklym Bombers and 2 expansion teams opening after this season)
Export Deadlines Days And Times: Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday 9ET
League Time Per Sim: 7 day sims
First Season: 2012 with Inaugural Draft
Current Season: 2016
Ratings: 1-10
Special Rules & Settings: 100% Accurate Scouts (for international talent and we including a bidding system for those that hit the open market), Coaches OFF, Injuries Low

Last edited by Isryion; 06-23-2013 at 09:52 PM. Reason: Updated Openings
Isryion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 10:20 PM   #2
Zarberg
Minors (Double A)

Fantastic league, I can truly say I look forward to the times of the week when I receive the e-mail that the sim has been run and I can adjust my team.

https://www.big-baseball.org/
Zarberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 04:35 PM   #3
Isryion
Major Leagues

We have filled our opening. We are coming to the end of the season, so if you are interested in getting on the wait list, please let me know. I can't guarantee any openings of course for next season, but one or two seem to happen each offseason.

I'll continue to use this thread for updates.

Thanks for interest.

Last edited by Isryion; 04-18-2013 at 04:38 PM.
Old 04-28-2013, 09:27 AM   #4
Isryion
Major Leagues

One opening, and we're hoping to fill as soon as possible since we are just about to hit the offseason.

The Birmingham Barons. Home Page. The Barons are a very good team and in one of the toughest divisions in the league. With and overall record of 360-289, the Barons have made the playoffs three of four years and missed it by one game this season, going 87-76. A good amount of talent on the team and plenty of financial flexibility

Thanks and hope to hear from you soon!
Old 04-28-2013, 09:04 PM   #5
firefoxx
Bat Boy

Great league great competition come and join while you can.
firefoxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 06:12 PM   #6
Isryion
Major Leagues

Updated as we've had a GM step down due to family and work commitments. The San Diego Pods are now available.
Old 05-11-2013, 08:27 AM   #7
Isryion
Major Leagues

We're back to full. Please let me know if you'd be interested in getting on the waiting list or would be interested when we expand in our move to 14.
Old 05-27-2013, 11:47 PM   #8
Isryion
Major Leagues

Updated as we had a GM need to leave due to time/personal issues. Team and link are in the first post.

We also have an expansion team if you are interested.

We just began the 2016 season. PM me if you are interested. Thanks!