Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Database Tools

OOTP Mods - Database Tools Do you need to take a dump? SQL gurus welcome

Old 01-20-2013, 01:27 PM   #21
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

What you say is true.

BUT

There are 3 or 4 different Garlon creations OOTP uses for ratings projections and some are less accurate than others so ratings could very well change for no apparent reason.

The stats don't change other than more being added. I've always felt that more stats = greater accuracy but that might be completely 'off base'.
Old 01-22-2013, 03:37 PM   #22
pbar25
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spritze View Post
Ratings = Try the newest one i just put up.
Awesome Spritze, operation StatsINC was highly successful. Thanks a lot - it's working great now

Last edited by pbar25; 01-22-2013 at 03:39 PM.
pbar25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 12:03 PM   #23
KennyV17
Minors (Double A)

@Spritze - I understand that OOTP does the ratings, but what controls the position that the player plays? In the league I just created, there are very few full time MLB players that are rated for CF, even though that was their primary position in MLB. Did I explain that okay?
KennyV17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 02:15 PM   #24
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Get the latest version, that should fix you up.
Old 02-02-2013, 02:01 PM   #25
KennyV17
Minors (Double A)

Spritze, I just checked and the database is dated 1-19-2013. That is the database that I used. There are still less than 35 full time MLB players rated for CF. (BTW - I'm looking at 2012 stats.)

I've also found two players whose real life stats are very different from their MLB stats. Both Curtis Granderson and Lance Berkman's numbers are off.

Is there any way I can manually correct both of these issues?
Old 02-07-2013, 01:29 AM   #26
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

The db has 2012 added but only the major league portion. OOTP13 does not work with ANY 2012 data. It ends at 2011. 2012 season flips to historical fiction. None of the 2012 data is used for anything. You can see it but the game won't use it.

It has always been this way.
Old 02-08-2013, 09:46 AM   #27
KennyV17
Minors (Double A)

I understand that OOTP doesn't look at the data. But what I'm saying is that the data isn't accurate.

Curtis Granderson is a perfect example. His Real Life stats don't match his MLB stats. In fact, It added another four years to his MLB career when he was actually still in the minors.

Another member of my league noticed that a lot of players AB totals show up with 200 or 460 AB's. It's as if the system decided it didn't like their MLB stats and reset it to these numbers.

Take a look at Granderson's numbers from my site and then go to MLB.com and see his numbers there.

http://gatewaybaseball.org/KennyV17/...ayer_7999.html

I hope I'm making sense. Our draft day is in two weeks.

P.S. Player positions are still showing up incorrectly as well. Like Granderson who has played pretty much his enitre career in CF and it has him listed and rated for RF.

Last edited by KennyV17; 02-08-2013 at 09:49 AM.
Old 02-08-2013, 06:19 PM   #28
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Kenny Spritz DB debuts players at 18 vs the year they were drafted or the year they were drafted and not their MLB debut (always forget which). So you will always have players get several additional seasons added to their career vs RL.. I switched to Gambo's DB which has real debut for most players just doesn't have as many Japanese players. Why don't you use the default DB? Gotta have a trade off somewhere. As far as why he has skills in Rf, what's your scout level. What does it say when you switch to 100% scouting accuracy? He has never even played a game in RF, so I doubt that has anything to do with Spritz.
The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 06:45 PM   #29
KennyV17
Minors (Double A)

Will the Gambo Database display 2012 stats?

I think part of the problem is the way my league is run. We transitioned off another program (which I don't know if it's bad form to mention here) where we would purchase the new season disk each year.

Using that other program, I would rebuild the rosters for each year with the players each manager "protected" from the following season. We then have a draft to fill in the remainng roster spots. And then we play out the season. The following year, we buy the new season disk, and we repeat the process.

The way everyone plays OOTP (and apparently how the designer meant it to be played) is they start in a year and then began an alternate reality that continues forever independent of MLB.

Honestly I would prefer to play the way OOTP means it to be played. But my managers are from the "old school" (some have been with me for 20 years) and don't want to lose the MLB aspect of it.

In the past I was able to find databases for OOTP8, 9, 10, and 11 that displayed the previous season stats and ratings for the correct positions. For OOTP 12, someone had created a World.dat that had the 2012 stats in them and that's what we used last season.

In regards to scouting, I created two leagues. One had scouting turned off and the other was turned on but set to normal. I switched to 100% and it still showed players in positions that they shouldn't be in.

Maybe I'm loading it wrong.
Old 02-08-2013, 07:27 PM   #30
The Game
Hall Of Famer

No DB will display 2012 stats til OOTP 14 comes out. You might be able to download the Lahman 2012DB but not sure where from.
I see your problem with Granderson. I imported him using Spritz DB as of 2011 and he has about 5 yrs in RF (generic stats). I think part of it maybe that he has just OF listed in fielding.cvs vs CF & LF. Spritz would have to clarify that one. I will test Gambo and default DB in a bit. He is listed as a CF vs RF and i don't think he had any ratings for RF I will double check and post screenshots.
The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 07:36 PM   #31
KennyV17
Minors (Double A)

Thanks for taking a look! And I promise you, I did have the previous seasons stats displayed in the years I mentioned. I hunted around and was able to find databases that did so for all except for last season where I found someone offering the World.dat file instead. If you like I'll be more than happy to send you what I had for last season. I'll do anything if it will help.

Kenny V
Old 05-10-2013, 12:42 PM   #32
reggie1977ws
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spritze View Post
There will be a new Spritze db tomorrow that handles the team issue. The teams you see are the ones I use, not what comes via the Lahman. My bad, sneaked in on me.

BUT

1) The Spritze db is only fully complete 1871-1900, partially complete 1901-1974, not at all complete 1975-2011.
When you say not at all complete 1975-2011, how incomplete?

If I started a league in 2000, and then used it through the end of the 2012 season, would it be complete enough to at least include everyone who had advanced to the majors?

Last edited by reggie1977ws; 05-10-2013 at 12:45 PM.
reggie1977ws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 06:23 PM   #33
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

The db is completely incomplete as in not even started. No real non-major league data is included. Basically you are just running off the standard Lahman.