Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support

Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support Do you have a copy of OOTP Baseball 2006? Are you in need of help and assistance in running the game or do you have errors that you need help in resolving? This is your place!

Old 12-27-2001, 12:05 PM   #1
Tiger Fan
Hall Of Famer

Post Year 2000 rookies wont import

I thought this was fixed in an early update but maybe not. When I proceeded from 1999 to 2000 in my historical league the game would not import the 2000 rookies. It prompted me if I wanted to import real rookies or not and when I clicked on yes the game seemed to freeze for a moment and then simply reloaded to begin the 2000 season. The rookie import was not done.
I tested it a couple of times with my back-up file and had the same result. I was using IatricSB's modified database which definately has rookies for 2000 in it. It appears changing from the 1900's to 2000 confused the game. I did not try with the Lahman database so I cannot say the problem occurs their also or if it just does it with Iatric's file.
I worked around the problem very easily by manually importing each of the 2000 rookies from the database.
Has anyone else had this problem?
Tiger Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2001, 12:36 PM   #2
sporr
Global Moderator

I, too, remember this being mentioned in the past. I was thinking that this was one of the fixes that was going to be in the last patch. If this is true, then the problem will be fixed when the patch is released (whenever the Lahman Database gets updated). I could be wrong though - it wouldn't be the first time.
sporr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2001, 02:31 PM   #3
Steve Kuffrey
Administrator

I have not tried this but I'll make sure that Markus sees this issue.
Baseball Maelstrom-Montreal Expos-2013 Tourney winner, 2014 WC Team
Sparky's League - Tampa Bay D'Rays
Epicenter Baseball League - Astros 2014
The CBL Rewind - Phillies '95
Steve Kuffrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2001, 02:40 PM   #4
Tiger Fan
Hall Of Famer

Thanks Steve.
When I get a chance tonight or tomorrow I will test it with the Lahman database rather than Iatric's to see if the result is the same.
Tiger Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2001, 04:59 PM   #5
Scott Vibert
Hall Of Famer

I knew this was an issue with 2001 rookies (and I knew the work around of doing it one at a time) however I had thought this had been fixed for 2000 already... oh well, hopefully when that final patch comes out things will work out.
Scott Vibert is offline   Reply With Quote