Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support Do you have a copy of OOTP Baseball 2006? Are you in need of help and assistance in running the game or do you have errors that you need help in resolving? This is your place!

Old 12-18-2001, 06:46 PM   #1
JML
Hall Of Famer

Post Lost a day (davep?)

Just completed season 3 of my fictional league. This was the first season in which i generated a schedule using davep's generator. That could just be a coincidence.

anyway, I lost an entire day. all teams ended up playing 161 games. I went through the game-by-game log of one of my players who played every game and discovered that the missing day was the one right before the all-star break. This too might be a coincidence. Went through all team records and everyone ended up with 161 games. schedule report listed 162 games. stats weren't saved for that day. It looks like the whole day just got wiped out.

Anybody else have this happen to them? I remember that I played out the week or so before the break and went through to the second half all in one sitting, so there wasn't a crash or shutdown that might have caused it. Plus, on the schedule page of the teams the game is still there. I won mine Oh well, I finished 2 games out of first anyway The ace of my arch-rival should have picked up a win that day...to make him a 20-game winner. Oh well, these things happen... can anyone shed any light on this problem?
JML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2001, 07:43 PM   #2
Tiger Fan
Hall Of Famer

Before starting your first season after generating a schedule with the schedule editor check to make sure the allstar game is scheduled for the exact same day as it says the allstar game is to be played on the edit schedule page.

I know that causes a problem with the schedule.dat files I created. If it is a different date simply skip forward in the schedule editor of the game and delete the allstar game. Then readd it on the day you want it played and your schedule should be good to go. At least I think that should solve your problem.

[ December 19, 2001: Message edited by: Tiger Fan ]</p>
Tiger Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2001, 04:18 PM   #3
JML
Hall Of Famer

I'll bet that did the trick. The all-star date listed on the schedule editor screen was July6, the very day I lost the previous season. I switched it to July eighth, then paged ahead. I discovered 2 games scheduled on the eighth, probably the original AS game plus it added one when I changed the date. So I deleted one and I'm thinking that will take care of my problem.

Thanks Tiger Fan!
JML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2001, 05:43 AM   #4
davep1967
Minors (Double A)

Uh-Oh.. I haven't checked in here for a long time.

Should I change the program to not schedule the All Star Game (just leave 3 off days)??? Then the user can manually add it.

Obviosly there is something screwy with my program and the way it does the all-star game.

WEll...I dont even have a working copy of OOTP because I installed a new HD, and I had a "beta tester" version. Now I can't run it