Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support

Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support Do you have a copy of OOTP Baseball 2006? Are you in need of help and assistance in running the game or do you have errors that you need help in resolving? This is your place!

Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2010, 08:30 AM   #1
KurtBevacqua
Hall Of Famer

Install/Uninstall Questions

I've found threads addressing my real problem (game crashes when accessing lineup screens), and the solution appears to be uninstall and reinstall the game in a different directory. OK, I can do that, however there are some circumstances I need to account for first.

First off I am under some austere conditions and cannot plug my laptop with the game into the internet. Second, I'm not sure what my license number is. Third, given my present circumstances if I screw this up I'll pretty much be done with the game for a long, long time. Fourth, I am using Vista. I can make do with my present situation, but would really prefer to fix it.

So here are the questions. First, to uninstall then reinstall the game into a different directory on the same computer do I need to unlicense and re-license? If so, how do I find my license number? Is it the same thing as the serial number? Is there any other information I will need for the process?
"The type and formula of most schemes of philanthropy or humanitarianism is this: A and B put their heads together to decide what C shall be made to do for D. The radical vice of all these schemes, from a sociological point of view, is that C is not allowed a voice in the matter, and his position, character, and interests, as well as the ultimate effects on society through C's interests, are entirely overlooked. I call C the Forgotten Man"

- William Graham Sumner
Old 02-03-2010, 08:44 AM   #2
f.montoya
Hall Of Famer

You don't have to unlicense and relicense because the licenses are stored separately from the program files. But you should install on a different drive. C drive is default. If you have a partition such as D or E, try that.

Asahi2 Baseball ex-Commissioner(Historical League Since 2004)
www.allsimbaseball.com (OOTP web hosting - Customized sites for online leagues - Sign up, Connect OOTP and Play!)
Share Your Mods - Free, unlimited and easy to upload to share your Mods instantly(free site registration required)
Old 02-04-2010, 01:19 PM   #3
SMFXR01
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KurtBevacqua View Post
So here are the questions. First, to uninstall then reinstall the game into a different directory on the same computer do I need to unlicense and re-license? If so, how do I find my license number? Is it the same thing as the serial number? Is there any other information I will need for the process?
I have been able to uninstall/install still to the default location.

First off, as you are on a PC they will be no need to unlicence
(as Fidel so rightly stated).

Here is the process I have used...although I have an XP I should think it would relate to Vista as well....but you may have to translate what I do into Vista locations (if you see what I mean).

1. Uninstall (when ever I am having problems I always uninstall or install with the Anti-Virus software turned off)
2. Delete any left over files/folders.
So in the C: drive/program files there is a folder "OOTP10setup"
and also in the program files there is an "OOTP Baseball 10" in the folder
"Out Of The Park Developments" (you could just delete that folder if it is the only game installed).
Also Cocuments and settings/All users/Application Data/Out of the Park Developments has an "OOTP Baseball 10" folder which needs to be deleted.
I only have one logon for XP so there is another "OOTP Baseball 10" folder in Cocuments and settings/SOPHIE/Application Data/Out of the Park Developments (SOPHIE being the user name). If you have more than one, you may have to repeat for each username.
3. I also delete all files/folders in MyDocuments/Out Of The Park Developments/OOTP Baseball 10....apart from the folder and contents "saved_games".

After that is all done I would do a restart and then install to default.
This may seem like overkill but it has worked for me.

(Although I did not delete the "saved_game" ths was laziness...I do keep back-ups on re-writable DVDs...so you could delete this as well)

Hope this helps.

Last edited by SMFXR01; 02-04-2010 at 01:20 PM. Reason: spaeling
Old 02-04-2010, 01:32 PM   #4
SMFXR01
All Star Starter

If you have mislaid the Licence Number (always a good idea to keep...especially as you have bought a licence for 2 machines running the same OS) to identify it follow this process.

If you bought the Licence via the OOTP Store then I found the easiest way to find it, is to start the unlicence process.
(once again on my XP)
Go control panel=>eLicence control=>Out of the Park Developments
(Double clicking as you go)
You should then be able to identify the OOTP10 logo.
Right click on this to bring up the menu, which will include "Unlicence".
Left click "Unlicence" which will bring up the pop-up box.
"Order ID" is the licence/serial number required.
(then just click on "Exit")
Old 03-07-2010, 06:08 PM   #5
battists
Hall Of Famer

Since we haven't heard back from this poster in quite some time, I'm going to go ahead and close out this thread.

If you want to continue discussing this issue, please submit a ticket via our new support site.

Thanks very much!