Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 5 > FHM 5 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 10-01-2018, 12:04 PM   #1
omjo
Minors (Triple A)

Blank News Items after Loading

Started a new standard game, went back to the home screen (without saving). Loaded that game file and my news items (3 job offers) are blanked out.

I can upload the file if required.
Attached Images
Image Image 
omjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 02:51 PM   #2
Robmeister89
Minors (Double A)

Having the same issue.. after leaving the game and coming back all of the messages are blank now but still listed in my inbox.
Robmeister89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 05:12 PM   #3
JeffR
FHM Producer

If you click "Read all messages", does the text show up?
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 05:25 PM   #4
Robmeister89
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
If you click "Read all messages", does the text show up?
Nope. Tried that.
Old 10-01-2018, 06:46 PM   #5
JaBurns
All Star Starter

Same problem every time I restart the game.
JaBurns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 08:23 PM   #6
cepwin
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I too am seeing that...sounds like a issue with the beta or services?
Update: I simmed and I was able to see the newer message...could be an issue with the initial messages

Last edited by cepwin; 10-01-2018 at 08:56 PM.
cepwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 11:43 PM   #7
JeffR
FHM Producer

I'm having trouble replicating this, I tried loading and reloading a variety of saves and the news keeps coming up OK. I did have some issues like this back near the start of beta testing, and the way we store news/story messages changed in FHM5, so it's definitely not out of the question that something may be going wrong with the new system. Can a few of you who are getting this upload the saves where you see it? Uploading instructions here. That might help us narrow down the cause.
Old 10-02-2018, 12:31 AM   #8
omjo
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
I'm having trouble replicating this, I tried loading and reloading a variety of saves and the news keeps coming up OK. I did have some issues like this back near the start of beta testing, and the way we store news/story messages changed in FHM5, so it's definitely not out of the question that something may be going wrong with the new system. Can a few of you who are getting this upload the saves where you see it? Uploading instructions here. That might help us narrow down the cause.
I'll upload my file tomorrow afternoon, can't do it any sooner unfortunately.

New news items come up properly after loading but a restart turns them blank, too.
Old 10-11-2018, 05:59 PM   #9
omjo
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Noticed this is still happening in the release version (I'm on 5.1.31) so uploading my files - it's called BlankNewsItemsOnReload.zip.
Old 10-11-2018, 08:22 PM   #10
KJDelaney
All Star Reserve

Same issue that I have had.

So far no luck
KJDelaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 01:25 AM   #11
JeffR
FHM Producer

Still not much to report on tracking down the cause. Thanks for the file, omjo, we'll see if that helps.
Old 10-12-2018, 12:38 PM   #12
omjo
Minors (Triple A)

Tried with the newest version and it still happens. Is it not happening for everybody else? I tried a fresh install this time..
Old 10-12-2018, 12:44 PM   #13
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by omjo View Post
Tried with the newest version and it still happens. Is it not happening for everybody else? I tried a fresh install this time..
It seems to be a small minority of people, but we haven't been able to figure out the common thread between everyone who's getting it. Could you walk us through exactly how you're setting up a game and at what point you see it happen?
Old 10-12-2018, 01:05 PM   #14
Robmeister89
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
It seems to be a small minority of people, but we haven't been able to figure out the common thread between everyone who's getting it. Could you walk us through exactly how you're setting up a game and at what point you see it happen?
I'll tell you what I did... Clicked on standard game, only selected echl and ahl, chose my Avalanche for my GM, entered challenge mode, started playing.

It also happens to me in every single custom game I do. I'm all 5 of my test leagues I have chosen 20 team and 24 team custom and left literally everything else the same.

This bug happens in every game I create.
Old 10-12-2018, 04:20 PM   #15
omjo
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
For the latest, all I did was start a standard game, didn't customize my GM (everything is default), and chose only the NHL and AHL as playable leagues.

I saved right away, closed the program and opened it again. Selected "Load Game" instead of Continue.
Old 10-15-2018, 03:46 AM   #16
vic24
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Never had this issue before the last update. Now it does make it. Kind of minor issue but still...
vic24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 12:05 PM   #17
JeffR
FHM Producer

We may have a fix: it appears to be a problem exclusively with the eSellerate version, where some database drivers aren't being installed. If you're currently getting missing messages, please try unzipping the file I've attached below into your installation folder (the one with your .exe file, typically C:\Program Files (x86)\Out of the Park Developments\Franchise Hockey Manager 5) so a folder named sqldrivers is created there with two files in it.

Once that's done, to check it: start a new game, then exit FHM, restart it, and re-load your game to see if you still have messages.

(Edit: looks like it's too big to post as a forum attachment, I've uploaded it to http://www.filedropper.com/sqldrivers)
Old 10-15-2018, 12:50 PM   #18
Hitsch
Bat Boy

I had the same problem. But now the messages remain. Thanks for the help.

However, my browser warns me of potentially dangerous content when I download the file. I hope the next update will include them in the installation file.
Hitsch is offline   Reply With Quote