Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > MLB Manager 2016 > MLBM 2016 - General Discussions

MLBM 2016 - General Discussions Talk about MLB Manager 2016, the baseball management simulation for iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android

Old 02-22-2016, 11:56 AM   #1
Star Chamber
Minors (Double A)

MLBM 2016 info?

We've got plenty now on OOTP 17...how about a bone for us iPhone/iPad/Android folks?
Star Chamber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 07:47 PM   #2
sfnate
Minors (Triple A)

I don't think MLBM is going to get much love and attention while its much more glamorous older sibling is being groomed for its big debut in late March.

For those of us who enjoy MLBM, it's a bit frustrating to be such an obvious non-priority, in the sense that OOTP simply doesn't have the resources to give us the attention we'd like. Actually, it's probably a bit unfair to say MLBM is a "non-priority"--I'm sure it's some kind of priority, just not "high". But with Sebastian almost entirely devoted to FHM (when did he last post here?), it's very hard to figure out what's going on, or whether there will actually be a new version.

I'd love to be completely surprised to find out that someone has been working on MLBM in time for an imminent spring release, but with each day that passes with no update, I'm beginning to wonder if the next release will simply be a slightly updated modest improvement--which, believe me, I'd gladly take over the alternative. Even if they just squash a few bugs and update the rosters, I suppose that would be better than nothing. Maybe.

Anyway, I'll be monitoring the forum in anticipation of getting an update--hopefully it will be good news.
sfnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 08:54 AM   #3
wodi
All Star Reserve

MLBM 2016 info?

I would actually think ootp would be better served putting more into the mobile game and trying to advertise or better spread the word about the game.

In today's world the people who play games on their phones and tablets are rapidly rising. I think if utilized right this is a market ootp should strive to better serve. As great of a game as the normal ootp is, I feel like their market is kinda tapped, made up of mostly guys who have been playing the game for years. I would think the mobile market would be a lucrative way to expand.

Now granted I have no inside information, I do not know what sale numbers are or anything. This is just my opinion from the sidelines, maybe there is more that I am missing.
wodi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 02:20 AM   #4
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by wodi View Post
I would actually think ootp would be better served putting more into the mobile game and trying to advertise or better spread the word about the game.

In today's world the people who play games on their phones and tablets are rapidly rising. I think if utilized right this is a market ootp should strive to better serve. As great of a game as the normal ootp is, I feel like their market is kinda tapped, made up of mostly guys who have been playing the game for years. I would think the mobile market would be a lucrative way to expand.

Now granted I have no inside information, I do not know what sale numbers are or anything. This is just my opinion from the sidelines, maybe there is more that I am missing.
It's likely you'll be very happy with the new MLBM, there's certainly lots of good stuff planned for it as well as for the new OOTP.

Fans of both games will likely be pleased and pleasantly surprised with the new feature lists for both games. MLBM is quite important and gets a great deal of attention. It's not a after-thought by any means.

Last edited by Lukas Berger; 02-26-2016 at 02:23 AM.
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2016, 03:21 PM   #5
daves
Hall Of Famer

The new Exhibition mode would be a great addition to the IPAD version.

I can recreate a series over my lunch break.

daves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2016, 04:14 PM   #6
Habsfan18
Hall Of Famer

Would be nice to see some of the recent OOTP additions added to MLB Manager as well.

- Award symbols on player profile
- HOF ballots
- All-Star ballots
- Rainouts

etc..

Would also be nice to see GM's and managers added. And of course, minor league's.

I know it's supposed to be a casual experience. I get what they are going for. And to be honest, it actually is pretty deep for a mobile game.

But with that said, I would still like to see it beefed up a little. I don't want to buy a new one every year if it will essentially be nothing but an annual roster update.

Last edited by Habsfan18; 02-27-2016 at 04:16 PM.
Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 03:33 PM   #7
Donevyn
Major Leagues

Great game, I just wish it was able to go head-to-head so I could play my brother.
Donevyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 09:56 AM   #8
rudel.dietrich
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Now that devices have more Ram (4 GB for the iPad Pro) it would be nice to get full minors and international leagues.
rudel.dietrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 03:25 PM   #9
nate9485
Minors (Rookie Ball)

OOTP 17 is out now and we are quickly approaching Opening Day...any news on MLB Manager 16?
nate9485 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 08:32 PM   #10
wodi
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukasberger View Post
It's likely you'll be very happy with the new MLBM, there's certainly lots of good stuff planned for it as well as for the new OOTP.

Fans of both games will likely be pleased and pleasantly surprised with the new feature lists for both games. MLBM is quite important and gets a great deal of attention. It's not a after-thought by any means.

Does this guy work for ootp? From what I'm reading on other threads the game is out with no upgrades.....
Old 03-24-2016, 03:56 AM   #11
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

MLB Manager 2016 is available now!

This year will be the last that MLB Manager is based on the old project code base (which is essentially OOTP 11 with some AI upgrades from later OOTP versions), next year we will shelve the code and use the OOTP 17 / 18 code base for MLBM, making both games saved-game compatible and hence adding tons of new features to MLBM. We will devote a lot of development time to this in 2016 and beyond.

But for now, please continue to support us and enjoy MLB Manager 2016!

Thanks!
Markus
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 06:59 AM   #12
IAmC
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post

This year will be the last that MLB Manager is based on the old project code base (which is essentially OOTP 11 with some AI upgrades from later OOTP versions), next year we will shelve the code and use the OOTP 17 / 18 code base for MLBM, making both games saved-game compatible and hence adding tons of new features to MLBM. We will devote a lot of development time to this in 2016 and beyond.

Thanks!
Markus
That sounds great for MLBM17! It sounds, though, like you'll have to restrict this only to newer devices. Any (very early) inclination as to whether that is true?
IAmC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 07:08 AM   #13
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmC View Post
That sounds great for MLBM17! It sounds, though, like you'll have to restrict this only to newer devices. Any (very early) inclination as to whether that is true?
Very old devices of course but which ones is hard to tell at this time.
Old 03-24-2016, 08:15 AM   #14
wodi
All Star Reserve

Quote:

Thanks!
Markus

I've played for 5 min and it's like I just booted up 15, ugh it's gonna be a longgggggg wait until next year
Old 03-24-2016, 08:53 AM   #15
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
I've played for 5 min and it's like I just booted up 15, ugh it's gonna be a longgggggg wait until next year
It has the latest rosters (where we invested a ton of work and time), which 15 obviously don't have. That should entertain you for a while... consider this: a coffee at starbucks is gone in 5 minutes and costs as much as MLB Manager 2016. Now, which one is the better value?
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 09:30 AM   #16
wodi
All Star Reserve

Quote:
It has the latest rosters (where we invested a ton of work and time), which 15 obviously don't have. That should entertain you for a while... consider this: a coffee at starbucks is gone in 5 minutes and costs as much as MLB Manager 2016. Now, which one is the better value?

I'm not disappointed in the 5 dollars, I'd give the money to the company regardless of the game. The game overall is amazing and I'd buy the game just to support the company.

I just look forward every year to the game creeping closer and closer to ootp. And it went nowhere this year. I stopped playing 15 a little while ago in anticipation of the new game and it's just very disheartening to see essentially he same thing.

Gaming on Smartphones and tablets each year are growing more and more popular than computer games. Ootp has a great niche fan base but the future of the company has to more towards mobile gaming in my opinion. I feel mlb manager has to stop being thought of as a gateway to ootp and has to be thought of as its own entity. The consumer base for it is enormous compared to the computer market.

That's not to say the game is a bad one, if you haven't played this game you have to play it, you'll love it. I just am disappointed to see how 16 came out in comparison to 15.

The news of a vastly improved 17 sounds amazing, but I'll believe it when I see it.

Thanks for all the hard work regardless, I'm just grateful to have the game at all.
Old 03-24-2016, 09:52 AM   #17
IAmC
Major Leagues

Quote:
I'm not disappointed in the 5 dollars, I'd give the money to the company regardless of the game. The game overall is amazing and I'd buy the game just to support the company.
Agreed completely. I bought the hockey game and the last two OOTPs (on sale, though; not OOTP16) simply to give the company funds so they can keep going. I would be generous if I would say that I've spent more than 15 minutes on playing those three purchases.

Quote:
Gaming on Smartphones and tablets each year are growing more and more popular than computer games. Ootp has a great niche fan base but the future of the company has to more towards mobile gaming in my opinion. I feel mlb manager has to stop being thought of as a gateway to ootp and has to be thought of as its own entity. The consumer base for it is enormous compared to the computer market.
I agree completely. Even though I've had OOTP since Feb. 2011, I think that I've put less time into it than playing even one season of MLBM. When I'm sitting at my laptop, I'm not gaming. When I'm sitting in a waiting room or grabbing some lunch on my own, I'm on my iPhone playing MLBM.
IAmC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 10:40 AM   #18
rudel.dietrich
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
The game itself is worth it. But this is the definition of a re skin and roster update.

And with tablets now having 2 and 4 GB of ram as standard and CPU's that rival Intel 15 W i3's and I5's the game needs to be expanded upon

FM Touch is the full PC experience on a tablet
I know OOTPD is a smaller company, but you have to measure yourself against others in the sports sim market
rudel.dietrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 11:53 AM   #19
Bsf2434
Bat Boy

I'm just excited the game is out, buying it right away.
Bsf2434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 11:26 AM   #20
daves
Hall Of Famer

With Financials off, how good is the scouting? Perfect?

daves is offline   Reply With Quote