Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - General Discussions

OOTP 15 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2014 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 04-10-2014, 05:57 AM   #1
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Lightbulb Road to Release #1 - International Leagues

Hey guys,

we have just released our first Road to Release Newsletter, today the topic is the new international leagues.

Here it is:
OOTP Baseball 15 - Road to Release #1: International Leagues

Please note that the screenshots taken are from a beta version of the game, for example you'll see news articles about trades between leagues, which will be disabled by default in the release version

Cheers,
Markus
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 10:52 AM   #2
Pineywoods OOTPer
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
Hey guys,

we have just released our first Road to Release Newsletter, today the topic is the new international leagues.

Here it is:
OOTP Baseball 15 - Road to Release #1: International Leagues

Please note that the screenshots taken are from a beta version of the game, for example you'll see news articles about trades between leagues, which will be disabled by default in the release version

Cheers,
Markus
This is a wonderful addition to OOTP and I am very interested by it. My only question in reference to the note Markus posted about interleague trading...will this be available to be enabled in the future?

Other than those things, I look forward to the next RTR. Hats off so far, guys.

Senior Office Manager, 13th Circle of Heck.

Pineywoods OOTPer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 11:01 AM   #3
eriqjaffe
Hall Of Famer

I'm a little curious as to how OOTP15 will handle teams that don't have nicknames in the PBP and news. As it stands, there are often articles like this:

Quote:
Thieu van Rooij of the Mr. Cocker HCAW not only shut out DOOR Neptunus 11-0, he made it look effortless. van Rooij stopped them on 5 hits to help the cruise past the . His performance included 4 strikeouts and 1 walk.
I mean, I can tell what the articles and PBP are trying to say, but it's something of a grammatical mess. Perhaps a check to see if a team has a nickname - if yes, then write the story one way. If no, then write the story another way?

Regardless, the International Leagues is probably my favorite new feature in OOTP.

Last edited by eriqjaffe; 04-10-2014 at 11:03 AM.
eriqjaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 11:56 AM   #4
nutt
OOTP Roster Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da' Signalbrat View Post
This is a wonderful addition to OOTP and I am very interested by it. My only question in reference to the note Markus posted about interleague trading...will this be available to be enabled in the future?

Other than those things, I look forward to the next RTR. Hats off so far, guys.
you can already perform interleague trading. You have the option via OOTP commish mode to enable or disable it.
nutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 12:02 PM   #5
dward1
All Star Reserve

when it says native of the league's main country, does that mean if we have a league based in a region that all players from that region can be posted or only the players from the nation we choose as the home nation can be posted?
dward1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 12:06 PM   #6
Pineywoods OOTPer
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutt View Post
you can already perform interleague trading. You have the option via OOTP commish mode to enable or disable it.

OH? I need to look at that and see if I am not paying attention to detail.

Senior Office Manager, 13th Circle of Heck.

Pineywoods OOTPer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 12:28 PM   #7
GeneralCornRowWallace
Minors (Single A)

This is such an awesome feature, I can't wait until next Friday!

Three questions:

1. What type of volume of players from these leagues will be "posted" by their teams each year? For example, we generally see 1 - 3 players posted from Japanese league each year.

2. As a result of the posting system will there be any change to the international free agent signing process that was implemented in OOTP14?

3. Are there modifiers that downgrade or adjust these international player's talent when they come to MLB? Certainly for example, someone who dominates in the Italian league is no lock to do so in MLB.

I'm trying to get a sense of how many of these players will end up in MLB each year and what their performance may look like.

Thanks!
GeneralCornRowWallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 12:31 PM   #8
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralCornRowWallace View Post
3. Are there modifiers that downgrade or adjust these international player's talent when they come to MLB? Certainly for example, someone who dominates in the Italian league is no lock to do so in MLB.
No need. The players are all rated according to the same scale across all the leagues. So since everyone in Italy is already rated relatively low a guy with lower stats might dominate Italy but certainly wouldn't do so in the US.
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 01:09 PM   #9
bombboy85
Major Leagues

How can we expect this to effect online league file sizes? I would imagine it would be noticeable increase. I only ask due to one online league closing down because once the file reached a certain size it started to crash and corrupt.
bombboy85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 01:14 PM   #10
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombboy85 View Post
How can we expect this to effect online league file sizes? I would imagine it would be noticeable increase. I only ask due to one online league closing down because once the file reached a certain size it started to crash and corrupt.
It's up to you which leagues you use or include in a game. So online leagues won't have to include the int leagues unless they want to.

If they are included file sizes will get large, but it's unlikely they'd ever get large enough to be an issue.

I suspect the issues in the league you reference came from something more than file size, OOTP handles leagues running hundreds of years and huge universes just fine. File size shouldn't ever really be a issue that causes corruption.
Old 04-10-2014, 01:16 PM   #11
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriqjaffe View Post
I'm a little curious as to how OOTP15 will handle teams that don't have nicknames in the PBP and news. As it stands, there are often articles like this:

I mean, I can tell what the articles and PBP are trying to say, but it's something of a grammatical mess. Perhaps a check to see if a team has a nickname - if yes, then write the story one way. If no, then write the story another way?

Regardless, the International Leagues is probably my favorite new feature in OOTP.
Huh, good catch. Could've used you on the beta team to come up with stuff like this!

I don't think any changes were made here. Would have to talk to the guys that work on PBP and tokens to be sure but I think this will probably still be an issue.
Old 04-10-2014, 01:19 PM   #12
HolyCow98
Hall Of Famer

Yep....I was already looking forward to OOTP 15 but for some reason it just didn't have that "feeling" like it was coming out in the next 10 or so days. With the release of the first RTR...I'm definitely feeling the juices flowing that a new version is coming out soon.

Good job...didn't think I would mess with with the International League much but this has got me thinking.
HolyCow98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 01:32 PM   #13
Marberi
All Star Reserve

I'm very grateful to see that real life players will be included in all Intl. leagues in OOTP15.

As a Mexican who always recreates the Liga Mexicana de Béisbol in OOTP, it'll be great not being forced to edit all 16 teams' rosters manually lol!

Speaking of which, I couldn't help but notice what may be a minor mistake concerning the LMB postseason. It's not only the 2 zones champs who meet for the championship series.

The Mexican postseason is fashioned after MLB: 5 teams qualify for the playoffs in each zone, with the 4th and 5th places of each zone meeting in a single wildcard game. Then the winner goes on to play the Zone's #1 seed, whilst the #3 seed goes up against the #2 seed in the Div. Series, so on and so forth, till the Serie del Rey (the King's Series) to determine the eventual champ.

Also like in MLB, home-field advantage in the Serie del Rey is granted to the Zone that wins the All-Star Game.

So I guess my question in this sense is if we'll be able to replicate the postseason accurately in the game?

Finally, since I believe I'm the only Mexican active in the forums, I'd be more than happy to provide the OOTP dev. team with any additional info that you could require. In exchange, you could provide me with a copy of OOTP15, with its pertaining licence(s), of course
Marberi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 01:42 PM   #14
rancer890
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Probably the most exciting feature for OOTP15 for me. I always liked trying to play a 'career game' like in FM where you start at some low tier league and move your way up. It's going to be fun trying to start in Europe and start managing up to the MLB.

Can Korean teams go and buy minor league talent like the Albers example if some players think they rather take the guaranteed money than be in the minors?
rancer890 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 02:50 PM   #15
censurerat
Bat Boy

If i would decide to create all leagues from 1871, would they be balanced compared to the MLB and all the features would function as normal? I'm wondering because I assume they wouldn't be created as years go by and I really want the MLB to be the powerhouse of all the leagues with the other leagues bringing up star-players on occasion.
censurerat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 03:11 PM   #16
Cryomaniac
Hall Of Famer

Regarding the leagues which have rules that aren't present in OOTP yet (Round Robins playoffs, ties, "complex rules involving the use of foreign pitchers", etc) is it the intention to add some or all of these eventually?

Cryomaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 03:12 PM   #17
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomaniac View Post
Regarding the leagues which have rules that aren't present in OOTP yet (Round Robins playoffs, ties, "complex rules involving the use of foreign pitchers", etc) is it the intention to add some or all of these eventually?
Only Markus can answer that with certainty but some of us will keep bugging him about them until he does add them eventually
Old 04-10-2014, 03:18 PM   #18
Cryomaniac
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukasberger View Post
Only Markus can answer that with certainty but some of us will keep bugging him about them until he does add them eventually
And if the beta team don't, then I will keep posting about it anyway

Cryomaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 03:24 PM   #19
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombboy85 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukasberger View Post
It's up to you which leagues you use or include in a game. So online leagues won't have to include the int leagues unless they want to.

If they are included file sizes will get large, but it's unlikely they'd ever get large enough to be an issue.

I suspect the issues in the league you reference came from something more than file size, OOTP handles leagues running hundreds of years and huge universes just fine. File size shouldn't ever really be a issue that causes corruption.
Just to add to this. League file size can be reduced substantially after Dec 31 by removing box scores logs and tons of other transient files. Obviously the original file should be backed up. I would expect many OL leagues to do this pre-emptively. My solo league file sizes are only a few MB larger each season due to the inevitable growth of the dat files.

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 04:15 PM   #20
Garethw87

I can't wait!!!