Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions General chat about the game...

Old 03-29-2011, 02:54 PM   #1
Robert Savard
Minors (Double A)

ootp11 vs ootp12

When ootp12 comes out, can i import all the data from ootp11 to 12, and carry on with it

Thanks
Robert Savard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 02:57 PM   #2
Syd Thrift
Hall Of Famer

I was going to give a joek answer but then realized that there are games (hi, FM!) where you actually don't get to do this. So, to seriously answer your question, absolutely. Not only *can* you do this, but lots and lots of people do. There are leagues out there which were started in version 5 and earlier. My own dynasty goes back to I think version 9.
The Great American Baseball Thrift Book - Like reading the Sporting News from back in the day, only with fake players. REAL LIFE DRAMA THOUGH maybe not
Syd Thrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 03:04 PM   #3
Robert Savard
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syd Thrift View Post
I was going to give a joek answer but then realized that there are games (hi, FM!) where you actually don't get to do this. So, to seriously answer your question, absolutely. Not only *can* you do this, but lots and lots of people do. There are leagues out there which were started in version 5 and earlier. My own dynasty goes back to I think version 9.
I always appreciate a joke anyway, my question was based on the fact that i have been running league since Sierra had there FPBS, and i am still on version 6.5 which i adore, but time for my league to move forward, and since OOTP12 will come out in May, i tought i could get ootp11 at the moment and play with it to get familiar with 12, and i was wondering that what ever i create in ootp11 for my league that i would not have to redo it with ootp12

Thanks
Robert Savard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 03:49 PM   #4
Bishop
All Star Reserve

Someone more knowledgeable than I will hopefully arrive shortly, but I don't think you can import straight from 6.5 to OOTP 11.

Found it in the documentation

"OOTP 11 cannot directly import files from older versions such as OOTP 9, but all is not lost if you have one of those versions. You can download demo versions of older versions of our product from Index of /. The demo versions can be used to convert earlier versions of the game. For example, OOTP 10 could convert OOTP 9 and OOTP 6.5 files. Once you have your file into OOTP 10 format, you can import it into OOTP 11!"
Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 03:56 PM   #5
Chicagofan76
Banned

Infractions: 2/2 (3)
Not sure on this since i no longer have 6.5, but if 6.5 has a way to export rosters like 11 does then u might be able to try that but league history wont get moved.
Chicagofan76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 04:10 PM   #6
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Robert - your answer is yes. Anything you create in 11 you will be able to import into 12 without problem.
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 04:55 PM   #7
Marberi
All Star Reserve

On the subject of importing from versions older that OOTP 10 into 11, it is true that this cannot be done. But, there's many ways to work around this hurdle.

You could try what I did with an old league for OOTP 9, for instance. I copied all the files from that league into a new folder, adding the .lg extension and saving directly in my "saved games" folder. When I opened the league in 11, I saw that all the info was intact and I had no problems running it, whatsoever.

I find this procedure to be rather easy and safe, since you can add/delete as many leagues in OOTP as you want. Hence, if this solution doesn't work out for you, all you have to do is delete the newly created .lg file in the game and look for another option. Just make certain that to keep your original OOTP 6.5 league intact and backed up, of course.

Hope this helps.
Marberi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 05:32 PM   #8
BusterKing
Hall Of Famer

Sure you can import BUT... if there are new stats in the newer version they may not be as accurate. That's why I always start a new solo league with each version. I have experienced problems in the past by importing. I play with the real MLB rosters most recently released with the game.

BusterKing is offline   Reply With Quote