Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 21 > OOTP 21 - General Discussions

OOTP 21 - General Discussions Everything about the brand new version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB and the MLBPA.

Old 03-20-2020, 08:10 PM   #1
Vegas Vic
Minors (Double A)

Is there any way to manually put a player in the Hall of Fame?

In my universe, I'd like to put Pete Rose in the Hall of Fame. Is there any way to go into the Commissioner mode and manually do this?
Vegas Vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 08:19 PM   #2
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Right click on the player, there will be an option to induct him.
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 08:51 AM   #3
malor
Major Leagues

So I'm not the only one. The first thing I do in each new SIM is to induct Rose. Him not being in the real HOF is why I don't have any interest in it or any players being inducted.

Bluenoser provided the correct answer. It's a few mouse clicks using the ACTION drop down when the player is selected. OOTP will generate a story in the news and add the player to the HOF.
malor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 08:59 AM   #4
BusterKing
Hall Of Famer

Even gambling on your own team is still unethical. Specially as a manager in control of the lineups/bullpen.

"In 2004, after years of repeated denials, Rose published My Prison Without Bars, in which he finally confessed to gambling on the Reds, though he added that had always bet on the Reds to win. Because of the lifetime ban, Rose cannot work in Major League Baseball and, despite his stellar playing career, he is not eligible for the Hall of Fame."
BusterKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 10:03 AM   #5
Syd Thrift
Hall Of Famer

Markus should release a patch that removes Pete Rose from any game’s Hall of Fame and then corrupts the game file if you try to put him back in.
The Great American Baseball Thrift Book - Like reading the Sporting News from back in the day, only with fake players. REAL LIFE DRAMA THOUGH maybe not
Syd Thrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 10:51 AM   #6
phenom
Hall Of Famer

I induct Pete Rose but then never vote for Schilling. I like cheaters more than assholes.

phenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 11:07 AM   #7
Syd Thrift
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by phenom View Post
I induct Pete Rose but then never vote for Schilling. I like cheaters more than assholes.
Refund your game. You’re playing it incorrectly.
The Great American Baseball Thrift Book - Like reading the Sporting News from back in the day, only with fake players. REAL LIFE DRAMA THOUGH maybe not
Old 03-21-2020, 11:40 AM   #8
24Rocks
All Star Reserve

This is why I play with Fictional players, they have no issues other then a few cheating on their wives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phenom View Post

To be fair from a Baseball point of view both belong in the Hall of fame, from a non baseball view I wouldn't want to award either of them.

AFBL:Ontario Blue Pirates (2013-2055) 3177-3255(.494)
Wild Card:8
Division Titles: 8
Pennants: 2020, 2049, 2051
2051 CHAMPS

Former leagues:
LOHO: Detroit Tigers
ISL: San Diego Padres
VSL: Pittsburgh Pirates
NPBL: Ohio Raptors/Nova Scotia Fishermen
Check you my YOUTUBE or TWITCH
24Rocks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 12:15 PM   #9
BaseballMan
Hall Of Famer

Did anyone mention that its a game?
BaseballMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 01:54 PM   #10
Infinite_Jester54
Minors (Single A)

Are you talking about OOTP, or baseball? They're both just games lol.

Also, if you put Pete Rose in the HoF you better put Bonds and Clemens in as well.
Infinite_Jester54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 02:33 PM   #11
malor
Major Leagues

Bonds and Clemens made it in on their own in my long term game from OOTP16 that I'm still running (2042 now). In all quick sims I've run with no input from me, they are usually inducted during the first ballot vote after sim start and and they are always inducted by the second one. The AI is very capable of identifying and electing the deserving players and has no bias to affect it's votes.
malor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 02:43 PM   #12
Vegas Vic
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite_Jester54 View Post
Also, if you put Pete Rose in the HoF you better put Bonds and Clemens in as well.
Bonds and Clemens are still able to be voted in, which is different from the Rose situation, who was deemed permanently ineligible for the HOF by Major League Baseball.

Although it was unethical for Rose to bet on his own team as a manager, he did put up worthy HOF numbers as a player (without PED's).
Vegas Vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 02:50 PM   #13
Syd Thrift
Hall Of Famer

The Hall is technically a separate entity from the MLB and as such their bannings of Rose are not tied. In fact I believe it is still possible for the BBWAA to vote Rose in with the normal 75%; they’ve just been told not to and I just don’t think you’re going the see any kind of anti-establishment (and, it should be added, anti-morality and anti-baseball) groundswell from guys who earn their paychecks interacting with executives, officials, and players from the corporation on a daily basis. These are pretty conservative people with a pretty conservative (at least in a baseball sense) of what they want to see in the Hall.

Also, if you’re going to make the PED argument, Rose took speed when he was a player, which arguably has a bigger direct effect on athletic performance than steroids do.

Last edited by Syd Thrift; 03-21-2020 at 02:51 PM.