Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 12-16-2019, 02:33 PM   #1
daniwen
Minors (Rookie Ball)

First fictional league and market size

I been away from ootp for a while and maybe remembering this wrong but...

What generally use to do was make standard game using current rosters, leagues,etc. I remember I dabbled with ficional but market size would be automatically determined and would regardless as years go by change back. Like, new york was four market size. Changed it to ten but it's market size would slowly move back to 4. I never messed with ficional again because of this.

This was on ootp 18 I'm wondering if it is still this way with 20 OR am I just remembering incorrectly? If market size goes back to default is there way to keep it that size other than changing it back every couple years?
daniwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 12:26 PM   #2
old fat bald guy
Minors (Triple A)

It is a fictional world.

Also, how many teams are there in New York? In my current save there are the New York Red Raiders and the Brooklyn Devil Dogs, so the market is split up. I've seen more than two New York teams in OOTP fictional leagues, though I think maybe only when I was playing the old iPad game. I've seen teams named after every borough -- yes, even Staten Island.
old fat bald guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2019, 05:18 AM   #3
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

market can ebb and flow, but it will be slow and very unlikely related on population, like attendance is not. at least as far as what happens after inception. like player measurables at creation can impact likelihood of higher velocity, for example.

it is mostly impacted by your fan interest and loyalty. i get the two mixed up, but pretty sure it's interest, and when that is buried long-term loyalty is buried too. just keep the meters buried consistently, and your market size should improve. (the one that impacts your local contract. each market size has ~3 levels of contract size relative to your baseline setting.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2019, 09:09 AM   #4
Syd Thrift
Hall Of Famer

My experience is that market sizes move more or less randomly with a little nudge based on the success of the team. There certainly is no predestined place for them to be. As for the game not hard coding New York City to be huge all the time, I don’t know what to tell you... bigger markets IRL tend to have bigger scores, but the Chicago White Sox have played like a straight up small market team for much of their life and last I checked, Chicago is the 3rd largest city in the country...
The Great American Baseball Thrift Book - Like reading the Sporting News from back in the day, only with fake players. REAL LIFE DRAMA THOUGH maybe not
Syd Thrift is offline   Reply With Quote